Viewing 28 reply threads
  • Author

Sven
      Spectator

With the upcoming release of the Adore album reissue, we thought it would be a cool idea to organize an Adore Listening Party. In fact, it was already suggested over a year ago at the Dutch concerts of Smashing Pumpkins! So, here we go:

Date: Saturday, October 25th, 2014
      Time: 13:00
      Entrance: a happy mood
      Drinks & Snacks: yes
      Dinner: take away, after collecting the cash needed
      Open to: all Smashing Pumpkins fans worldwide

Please drop us a line on thespfreaksteam at gmail dot com if you feel like attending!

The exact address will be determined based on the number of attending Smashing Pumpkins fans and will be provided a week before the Listening Party. If the date is an issue, please let us know if a week earlier (the 18th) OR a week later (November 1st) would suit better. We might change the date then and inform about that here timely. See you then, rock on! :)

milan
      Spectator

Count me in… :-)

milan
      Spectator

Also, when attending you are NOT allowed to listen to the reissue beforehand. Don’t even be tempted to listen to 5 sec. snippets!

Spag
      Spectator

Nice, count me in!

Arthur
      Spectator

That makes 5 people so far: 4 from The Netherlands, 1 from Italy. It looks like the 25th will be fixed and final.

Where are the German -, Danish, Belgian, Spanish, Polish, UK, French and other European fans? And how about Asia, South America, USA, Australia, New Zealand, Africa and Canada? :)

sorry, guys. i can’t make it.
      i have to go to a party in another city the night before and i don’t even know if i’ll make it back home by then.
      also, i don’t have a car (yet?), so it’s a real pain to get there. with a car it actually looks very doable. i just looked it up, and mountains on zoom isn’t that far away.

on top of that, i have already listened to lmgtwty, ava adore remix, blissed and gone drone and blank page early. so you probably wouldn’t let me in anyway.

have fun!
      and i really hope i will make it to one of the next occasions.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

can’t afford it. you should try to make it an online experience. ;)

milan
      Spectator

sorry, guys. i can’t make it.
      i have to go to a party in another city the night before and i don’t even know if i’ll make it back home by then.
      also, i don’t have a car (yet?), so it’s a real pain to get there. with a car it actually looks very doable. i just looked it up, and mountains on zoom isn’t that far away.

on top of that, i have already listened to lmgtwty, ava adore remix, blissed and gone drone and blank page early. so you probably wouldn’t let me in anyway.

have fun!
      and i really hope i will make it to one of the next occasions.[/quote:16ivfbom]

Too bad Bram, would have been nice to meet you… Machina Listening Party in Gent then?

milan
      Spectator

can’t afford it. you should try to make it an online experience. ;)[/quote:1lpq6ll1]

That is actually a nice idea, we could probably setup some webcams and start some sort of a hangout/streaming thing.

Too bad Bram, would have been nice to meet you… Machina Listening Party in Gent then?[/quote:3auk4bd7]
      yeah, i still haven’t ever met you, milan.

i only met arthur once, and that’s when i had this serious cold. it had just kicked in. not my best day…

Sven
      Spectator

if i have a way to get there i will be there! :) :)

who is the host?

milan
      Spectator

who is the host?[/quote:3a31edb8]I am

aw man

Arthur
      Spectator

I just feel like dedicating a song to all Belgium people that can’t attend the Listening Party. What a downer…

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1kyWfXHNWY[/youtube]

Spag
      Spectator

I’m sure that if this was an Aegea Listening Party, more people would’ve found time & money to attend. :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

I’m sure that if this was an Aegea Listening Party, more people would’ve found time & money to attend. :wink:[/quote:ft9wta42]
      Maybe you could organize such Listening Party? ;)

14 days to go, anyone else interested to join? Last call to all Smashing Pumpkins Adore fans!

how many people are coming?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

how many people are coming?[/quote:2ov0sc5i]

whoah. i didn’t know it was that kind of party.

now you do.

Spag
      Spectator

Sorry I couldn’t be there after all. How was it?

Arthur
      Spectator

Due to several last minute cancellations and no-shows, we were with 3 (!) fans together only… Milan, Sven and the undersigned. But we enjoyed it very much nevertheless! We gathered in an old building very close to Rotterdam Central Station which is nominated to be demolished next year (still some companies use parts of the building) and that gave a somewhat spooky but also great atmosphere while listening to almost everything that the Adore reissue box has to offer.

To cut a long story short: a great day, which deserved more people to join in. :)

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

If there is a Machina party, I will make sure I can be there. I’ve been very low on cash recently.

Would love to meet some people from here!

milan
      Spectator

Yup! Was fun to discuss this boxset, the upcoming boxsets and all other stuff the bald guy (die kale) has to offer us. A Machina listening Party will surely be held, hopefully more of you freaks can attent it as it will be fun!

Sven
      Spectator

very nice and in depth talks with the guys, the die hard posse so to speak :)

also: got the idea to try and put together the albums that could have been at the fork in the road that was the end of the MCIS tour…

i.e.:
      – \"the Batman\"-sound album
      – the acoustic up close and personal/ bedroom (demo) album
      – the adore b-sides

we discussed how it might have gone several ways back then and with the box set you kinda get a lot of cues as to where BC was working towards in several different directions… those did manifest and coalesce in / on Adore, but still there’s a wealth of material (what’s new!) which might point into other directions and that could kinda fill a nice coherent set of songs as some kind of an era album / sampler… :)

just some thoughts, have some free time soon, will try to get around to arranging stuff and discussing the progress here :)

milan
      Spectator

By Adore B-sides do you mean the Czarina/Once in a While type of songs?

Or did you refer to the raw/more gothic sounding songs like Saturnine, Because You Are, Cash Car Star?

P.S. I’m just listening to the Crestfallen demo from the F&EOMM tape. This is not on the boxset but is a beauty!

Arthur
      Spectator

Yeah this part of the discussion was extremely interesting. Billy Corgan/SP could have released 2 or 3 extra albums in the Adore era; there was so much quality material to go by!

Sven, good luck creating those tracklists, I’m highly interested to see what you make of that.

Sven
      Spectator

By Adore B-sides do you mean the Czarina/Once in a While type of songs?

Or did you refer to the raw/more gothic sounding songs like Saturnine, Because You Are, Cash Car Star?

P.S. I’m just listening to the Crestfallen demo from the F&EOMM tape. This is not on the boxset but is a beauty![/quote:3bbjjy2w]

I mean grouping together the b-sides like Czarina, Summer, Once in a While and the like.

Saturnine, CCS et al would go with the Batman/Ransom-batch ;)

Viewing 28 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.