Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Arthur
      Spectator

It was already a while in SPfreaks’ inbox, but it wasn’t until today that we had time to upload it. Our humble excuses to the contributor from Australia that send this to us… :oops:

But here it is, is this collectible or is it?

http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=2157

tiny
      Spectator

Thanks for posting this on your site, I would be interested to know if anyone else has ever seen this item before. I regard this as the holy grail of my collection. Any questions please ask.

Bryan

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I’d say this item is extremely collectable.

Arthur
      Spectator

Thanks for posting this on your site, I would be interested to know if anyone else has ever seen this item before. I regard this as the holy grail of my collection. Any questions please ask.

Bryan[/quote:25n2c5gy]
      Well, I bet you do! I have never seen it anywhere, and I’m glad we finally have it on our website to show the world. It took a while because we had over 500 pics to check and upload, and still the list is 336 pics as we speak.

Bryan, have you ever posted this on other forums like Ozphoria, Blamo, ThePumpkins.net or Netphoria? Do you know any other owners of such cassette? How and where did you get this beauty?

tiny
      Spectator

I have never seen any evidence of this cassette anywhere, on the internet or local record stores. I stumbled upon this in about 1996/7 and paid $1 for it. If I can speculate my gut feeling was it was given away with initial copies of Siamese Dream in Australia or New Zealand, as this sort of thing has been done with other bands around his time. I even emailed virgin about it but they never replied. I was looking for a suitable forum to unveil this little beauty and spfreaks.com was the only choice!

Bryan

jgfox
      Spectator

That’s beautiful! Looks genuine to me. Congrats with this very-very nice find.

Bryan, does the picture on this release also have the moiree-effect, or is it a result of the scanning-process??

Anonymous
      Spectator

Gorgeous cassette and I’ve also not seen this anywhere before now. Thanks for sharing it. :)

I’ll second it being released with a Siamese Dream album, if I’m not mistaken the Gish tape was at some point…

Arthur
      Spectator

Would you be willing to show pictures of the tape itself also, that’d be great to see. :)[/quote:3eksrohq]

(*ahem, cough, cough* http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=2157 *ugh, as posted on top, ahem*)

:wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

Would you be willing to show pictures of the tape itself also, that’d be great to see. :)[/quote:2towdvtr]

(*ahem, cough, cough* http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=2157 *ugh, as posted on top, ahem*)

:wink:[/quote:2towdvtr]

You didn’t see the super-fast edit!? :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

Hahaha Dazey, you got me there! :lol:

Viewing 9 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.