Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

confuciousconfusing
      Spectator

I never really understood how to get a backstage VIP pass to a Pumpkins concert if you aren’t a photographer or something like that? So my quiestion goes: how to get hold of one of those in the future?

Thanks,

Anonymous
      Spectator

I never really understood how to get a backstage VIP pass to a Pumpkins concert if you aren’t a photographer or something like that? So my quiestion goes: how to get hold of one of those in the future?

Thanks,[/quote:3m0inbsj]

Sometimes you can obtain one for a band simply by writing to their Management and asking very politely.

SPs obviously aren’t with a label now, so you’d need to be on good terms with different venues where they’re likely to play. I hear there’s London gigs this year, once in a while…

Meeting loads of people where bands perform is key in a lot of cases: A friend of mine some time back worked briefly with Vanessa And The Os, for example, simply because they liked riffs he’d posted on a College band’s website.

Creating a present/gift for signed bands is also good, sending them in with nice letters, etc.

As we say in the UK: "It’s not what you know, it’s who you know."

I’m sure there’s much better tips out there, these pointers though have worked for friends and contacts in my life.

You’ll be surprised what coming straight out can achieve, with a good and appreciative attitude.

Hope that was of some use, I’m moreso an Armchair Fan these days! :) :wink:

Danni
      Spectator

Thanks,[/quote:wed8m2p0]

Sometimes you can obtain one for a band simply by writing to their Management and asking very politely.

SPs obviously aren’t with a label now, so you’d need to be on good terms with different venues where they’re likely to play. I hear there’s London gigs this year, once in a while…

Meeting loads of people where bands perform is key in a lot of cases: A friend of mine some time back worked briefly with Vanessa And The Os, for example, simply because they liked riffs he’d posted on a College band’s website.

Creating a present/gift for signed bands is also good, sending them in with nice letters, etc.

As we say in the UK: "It’s not what you know, it’s who you know."

I’m sure there’s much better tips out there, these pointers though have worked for friends and contacts in my life.

You’ll be surprised what coming straight out can achieve, with a good and appreciative attitude.

Hope that was of some use, I’m moreso an Armchair Fan these days! :) :wink:[/quote:wed8m2p0]

Thanks for the answer, yeah I guess it is so. I’ve actually met Niklas and Andreas after a gig with Vanessa and The O’s back in 2005 in sweden. They were pretty decent guys although when it came to James he had to run off stage really quick. I guess it’s like that when you’ve become popular and have played in a band like SP. So I didn’t get my James autograph that night. :(

Anonymous
      Spectator

That’s a shame, sounds like a great time was had, though. :)

One thing I was meant to add: Fan Clubs of bands usually have direct links with various people, they’re well worth contacting.

Might also be worth sending a one-off message to anybody on eBay who’s selling BPs, they had to source them from somewhere, also.

Anonymous
      Spectator

so then in the USA would it be the same way?

Danni
      Spectator

That’s a shame, sounds like a great time was had, though. :)

One thing I was meant to add: Fan Clubs of bands usually have direct links with various people, they’re well worth contacting.

Might also be worth sending a one-off message to anybody on eBay who’s selling BPs, they had to source them from somewhere, also.[/quote:2s8ztmzz]

Yeah, I’ll check out the fan club! I’ve never even been a member there :wink: Thanks!

Anonymous
      Spectator

:)

Any country would work the same, Imho, but that’s not to say it’s easy at all. If it was, I’d be living in Chicago. :P

I suppose it’s a good idea to put yourselves in their position: If 500 people asked for one, who would they send it to and why?

Think of something they’ve not seen or heard before, we’re all people equally… So don’t be too, \"I love you so much and please – please – please!\" <- Not too original. :twisted:

Danni
      Spectator

🙂

Any country would work the same, Imho, but that’s not to say it’s easy at all. If it was, I’d be living in Chicago. :P

I suppose it’s a good idea to put yourselves in their position: If 500 people asked for one, who would they send it to and why?

Think of something they’ve not seen or heard before, we’re all people equally… So don’t be too, "I love you so much and please – please – please!" <- Not too original. :twisted:[/quote:13tc42pe]

Oh yeah, that’s absolutely like that. You have to be very original in these cases I think.

Anonymous
      Spectator

^ I assure you, unwashed underwear didn’t impress Paris Hilton when her Agents opened my last package.

blueczarina
      Spectator

Dazey! :lol:

the SP don’t have any active fan clubs like that anymore do they? at least not like ones you go through for stuff like that

Anonymous
      Spectator

Dazey! :lol:

the SP don’t have any active fan clubs like that anymore do they? at least not like ones you go through for stuff like that[/quote:2jxj5vsy]

Good point, it’d take some researching, aaaye…

It’s sad to think of no SP Fan Club. :? I want to be their oldest member. :)

http://www.spifc.org

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, it would be cool if they had a fan club, but i think all the old ones are a bit defunct.

Anonymous
      Spectator

Sounds a bit like me.

blueczarina
      Spectator

the thinking the fan club would be cool or being a bit defunct :P

Anonymous
      Spectator

:D

I use Colgate.

Anonymous
      Spectator

:lol: Dazey

maybe one day..

Viewing 15 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.