Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author

confuciousconfusing
      Spectator

Rocknroll Legend Sky Saxon’s L.A. Memorial July 24th The Echoplex 8pm

Richard Marsh, otherwise known to the rocknroll world as SKY SUNLIGHT SAXON, will find tribute & love visualized at a memorial in his honor to be held Friday, July 24th 2009 at the Echoplex in Los Angeles, California. At 8pm the service gathering will commence with performances by friends BILLY CORGAN of THE SMASHING PUMPKINS & MARK TULIN of THE ELECTRIC PRUNES as SPIRITS IN THE SKY, as well as THE SEEDS featuring former members from various SEEDS line-ups with Sky, a solo set by MIKE RANDLE of BABY LEMONADE (ARTHUR LEE’S LOVE back-up band), & very special guests. Stay tuned for more details. Attendees are encouraged to dress in flower children ware & bring flowers for the stage. Donations are gratefully accepted to offset expenses.

The Echoplex is located at:
      1154 Glendale Blvd.
      Los Angeles, CA 90026
      (213) 413-8200
      http://www.attheecho.com/

SKY SUNLIGHT SAXON of the psychedelic garage rock legends THE SEEDS passed away at 9:10am Thursday, June 25th, 2009 at St David’s South Austin Hospital in Austin, Texas. Sky died of heart & kidney failure, due to an undiagnosed infection of his internal organs. He passed peacefully with his wife Sabrina Smith Saxon & his spiritual brother in YaHoWha Joshua Aquarian by his side. He died, in his words, at the age of \"eternal\".

SKY SUNLIGHT SAXON, fell ill as early as Thursday, June 18th in his new home in Austin. Despite feeling under the weather Saturday, he performed a short set of SEEDS classics at the local night club Antone’s with his local collective WORLD SPIRITS, his favorite local Austin band SHAPES HAVE FANGS. After continuing illness, he was rushed to St David’s South Austin Hospital Monday morning & was immediately placed in ICU. He remained in critical condition in ICU until his passing several days later. Sky & his wife Sabrina recently moved to Austin, following his exciting headlining performance at the Austin Psych Fest #2 in March. Several tours were scheduled, including the East Coast/Mid-West tour in August with the California Revue, with members of LOVE & THE ELECTRIC PRUNES. The tour will still continue despite his absence.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

well now i have something to look forward to.

i wonder what song he’ll play?

Anonymous
      Spectator

Here’s a taste :P
      Billy was getting a little funky-love it :D
      But he looks like he was completely enjoying himself-I hope more videos surface soon!!
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clEa6eLVSYk[/youtube]

Anonymous
      Spectator

another song this time it’s Billy-new song coming up

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqyoP3CRh-Y&feature=channel_page[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXwLfmc4Qi8&feature=channel[/youtube]

music starts at about 4:22
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZA7ovg3NAw&feature=channel[/youtube]

manillascissor
      Keymaster

what is the name of the new billy song? it’s really good, i like it!

Anonymous
      Spectator

what is the name of the new billy song? it’s really good, i like it![/quote:2t5mnfce]
      Um I believe it’s an SP song

and it’s called Freak

Arthur
      Spectator

Always good to hear Billy play again. 8)

ohhh!! it let me play those vids… but crap i am sooooo not suposed to be watching them here… i wanna watch the whole things right now and turn the sound way up but shit i can’t! i really wish i would have called in sick today! :P i am sleepy from staying at a friend’s house too late last night. plus now these vids! :lol: thank you for posting them :) i can’t wait till this afternoon! :D

Anonymous
      Spectator

there is an mp3 download of the show as well folks
      I can go snatch the link if ya like

the link would be mighty nice of ya :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZRNW2XHF

http://zombtracker.the-zomb.com/public/ … te.torrent

not sure if the 1st one will work, but it did for me, otherwise the 2nd one

amnesia
      Spectator

I must admit, i was not impressed about the performance.
      I found it very boring, even the new song was disapointing as fuck. :roll:

blueczarina
      Spectator

thanks for the zip file. and i thought the new song was alright as a one off thing. it seemed upbeat. not Billy at his best, but i liked it none the less. i’m just glad to hear something new and to see Billy back out there.

i don’t think the kid drummer is anything to write home about though. proficient or can keep somewhat of a beat does not equal Jimmy. :roll:

well i thought the music sounded cool but i was disappointed that billy’s microphone needed to be turned up or something, his guitar was drowning out his voice! but from what i can hear it sounds good!

… thankfully it just seems to be on that one vid that i couldn’t hear billy! i am listening to the download now, the new song sounds great!! :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

alright I will say that his vocals are drowned out like rose said, was hoping that the recording would sound better than the youtube :? But hey at least we got to hear something now instead of nothing. And I liked the song it’s sounds damn good, but as we know when he has his full SP band it will sound better. Give Mike a chance it wasn’t like a pounding session of a song and it was his first performance. I think he’ll be just fine ;)
      Billy wouldn’t just chose any old random person ya know0he must see something in him
      I’m ready for more :D

Sven
      Spectator

fucking small venue-

glad to have seen and heard this-

quite a good song-

give the drummer a break and a chance-

above all-

love to hear new cool stuff from the BC again!!!

some pumpkins
      Spectator

i finally had some time to hear these songs. i dug em. 900 million people was chill. and the billy song is great. way catchy. i had to listen to it more than once. it sounds like a song you hear near the end of a cheezy high school kid movie where the guy and girl finally work it out and they’re at the dance and everything turns out great cuz he tells her it was all just a misunderstanding and that he loves her. roll credits. from as rome burns, to this new track. you have to fucking love how he covers the spectrum. i think i’ve said that before somewhere else. and definately some peace+love chord sounding structure in the new song, as the comments on hu were saying. it’s just played at slower tempo and electric. and i love the little solo parts during the transitions.

i wish i had gone. the echoplex really is a tight little place.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i hear peace and love in there also.

Arthur
      Spectator

I’m glad they didn’t forget about me, on their posters… :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

:lol:
      you are so 8)
      at first I was looking at the photos of Sky and thinking WTF? You don’t resemble him and you aren’t dead :lol:
      clever ;)

Viewing 19 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.