Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

RedWolf
      Spectator

To all,

The number of complaints were none, but for me as developer the performance of the SPfreaks Collection was still reason for improvement. Retrieving the full collection (a little of 3000 items) took over 40 seconds. That is way to long for a just a few items (in database terms).

As you will notice the index of items will show up in 2 seconds, with no filter applied. :D

For those who found it quite irritating, the slow loading of the SPfreaks Collection, but never complained (thanks for your patience), I hope you will be pleased as I am about this improvement. It will be more pleasant anyway to maintain your collection as the SPfreaks Collection page load much faster.

amnesia
      Spectator

This is awesome, i just tried to check somones collection and it took me less then a sec, normally it takes ages, just to get inside ones collection.Thanks Redwolf, this is indeed a great Improvement. 8) :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

holy crap :) awesome. it did use to take forever and now its instant.

Arthur
      Spectator

Awesome, RedWolf, just awesome! Thank you very much for your consideration again! You rock, bro! 8) 8) 8)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Not one complaint. We freaks are eternally indebted to you, you won’t hear us complaining!!!

Danni
      Spectator

I’m with Manilla! Great work! You guys make the world go ’round! :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

8) Great job!
      we spfreaks don’t like slow loading pages

some pumpkins
      Spectator

thanks redwolf :)

mr.benway
      Spectator

Thanks Redwolf, great job!
      :D

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

Great stuff!

:wink:

RedWolf
      Spectator

Not one complaint. We freaks are eternally indebted to you, you won’t hear us complaining!!![/quote:lpqexc09]

*bows with a blush* (to also the others)

This is always a considderation. As private project and as a non payed service people are temped to accept such *as is*. Never the less, the design of the SPfreaks Collection (the website application itself) is always work in progress. Not only in new features or changes, but also in improvement of the website. It’s never realy done. I have to trust in my own design, observation and opinion, that of Arthur, but also on those of the visitors. I’m gifted to design with the user in thought, instead of showing off my qualities as designer and programmer and overload the user with usefull (and in many cases not usefull) or (not) practical features in a overwhelming interface. Usefull, simple and the content hold a prominent place – not the many gadgets you can build into a website.

KISS – Keep It Stupid Simple

Some minor changes can sometimes lead to a better user experience. So please manillascissor and others, be objective and (possitive) critical. If you see aspects that could need improvement because of whatever reason, I take every one serious and discuss it with my brother so it could lead to adjustment, new development (or sometimes rejection).

Arthur may be the owner of SPfreaks, it’s his dream and I helped him build it to what it is today. But, without *you* as visitor, participant and contributer this site would be an empty shell (dust in the binairy wind – to freely quote Kanses).

One side note: This forum is not my design, only the layout is re-made to match the general style of SPfreaks. I do not improve this forum, it is supported *as is*. Only bugs in layout will be fixed if I made a mistake in the templates. The SPfreaks Collection however is complete my own techniscal design, programming and implementation. If you have any remarks about it, even in the form of complains, please let me know!

You know what: the best compliment I get is your fisit and use of this website! So thank you all!

Viewing 10 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.