Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

Cool As Ice Cream
      Spectator

Looks well preserved to me. For the vinyl collectors:

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Smashing-Pumpki … dZViewItem

hey, that’s pretty awesome

by the way, what’s the difference between a regular vinyl and a flexi-disc? i’ve never figured this out. but i assume it’s more flexible or something

Arthur
      Spectator

…but i assume it’s more flexible or something[/quote:3pbg35kd]
      Bingo! :wink:

But wouldn’t the added flexibility make it harder to play?
      it’ll be… floppy and stuff.

but then i think logically and assume that it is somewhat firm, and can be bent without any harmful effects and will return to it’s original shape, no?

Arthur
      Spectator

Actually I have never seen one of those flexi’s from up close, but I heard collectors say it’s better not to play it. It is not that firm and solid. It is highly sought after however, as it is extremely rare. This auction includes the magazine with the flexi still fixed inside, so I presume it’s in pristine condition, and worth a buck or two.

Oh yeah, of course. i’d think the disc itself is highly collectible, but with the magazine as well?

gonna raise a bit of cash :)

flexis are very vulnerable. they bend easily, but bending damages the flexi forever.
      also, because they’re made on such cheap material, the quality is lower than regular vinyl.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I paid $411 for my copy (still w/i the Reflex mag). Very steep, but oh well. I like it. :D

I paid $411 for my copy (still w/i the Reflex mag). Very steep, but oh well. I like it. :D[/quote:1s3edx9g] i think my friends would have a heart attack if they saw this post. they can’t believe that i’d spend £2 on a single, how would they react to someone paying $411 for a single song and a mag?

they’d just tell you to download the song.

my friends have no collectors sense.

Arthur
      Spectator

I paid $411 for my copy (still w/i the Reflex mag). Very steep, but oh well. I like it. :D[/quote:3cwsl7sz] i think my friends would have a heart attack if they saw this post. they can’t believe that i’d spend £2 on a single, how would they react to someone paying $411 for a single song and a mag?

they’d just tell you to download the song.

my friends have no collectors sense.[/quote:3cwsl7sz]
      Tons of people will consider collectors to be nerds. Deep inside most of them are just jealous, but they don’t want to admit that. This place (SPfreaks) was created to support the nerds. It’s cool to be a collecting nerd. :wink:

And the people admitting they are jealous get respect and help with collecting here.
      Arthur 8)

PS that Daughter flexi is still under 60 US$. I’m very curious if it will reach 400 US$ or the likes.

PS that Daughter flexi is still under 60 US$. I’m very curious if it will reach 400 US$ or the likes.[/quote:2zs0l6rn]
      yeah i noticed too it still is that price with only 13 hours to go. maybe ill give it a shot

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Um, I’d stay away from that auction. Looks like someone is jacking the price up. Way to coincidental with all those identical aliases bidding on the same item. :roll:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

So, ended up going for $323. Which I think may be unrealistic, due to the bid history. You should check it out. I’ve had this asshole jack up auctions I was bidding on as well. I submitted a report to eBay, as I suspect shill bidding. Anyway, here’s what they responded:

—————————————————————————————————————————————

\"Thank you for taking the time to write to eBay’s Safe Harbor department.
      Shill bidding is a serious offense and we will investigate your report as soon as possible, usually within 24 hours.

We will investigate the accounts for possible shill bidding by looking at the information you have provided as well as our internal records. We will also compare this to bidding patterns and any other activity that may have occurred involving the reported accounts.

If we are able to find evidence of shill bidding, our actions can range from issuing an educational alert, a temporary suspension, or in some cases an indefinite suspension. The type of action that we take depends on the specific situation surrounding an individual account. Things such as the existence of a previous warning, the nature of the offense and the length of time as a community member will all be taken into consideration. Repeated violations of policies will often result in the suspension of a member’s account.

Sometimes, what appears to be shill bidding may actually be a legitimate bidding activity. This can occur for a number of reasons, for example, a bidder may bid almost exclusively on one or two sellers whom they have come to trust. If we find there is not enough evidence of shill bidding, we may not take action against any of the reported accounts.

We assure you that we will thoroughly examine your report. Please keep in mind that due to our privacy policy you will not receive specific details of our actions. In certain circumstances, we may contact you by email if we need further information. We pledge, though, that an eBay Safe Harbor representative will quickly review your report of shill
      bidding and apply our guidelines fairly.

**Please do not respond to this email as your reply will not be received.

We know your time is valuable and we appreciate you taking a moment to express your concern to us. Thank you for helping to keep eBay a safe and reputable forum in which to conduct business.

Regards,

The eBay Safe Harbor Team\"

Arthur
      Spectator

It looks like a pretty normal auction to me manillascissor. And why call it an unrealistic price when you paid almost 100 US$ more for the same item?

\"Bid History

eBay has changed how bid history information is displayed for higher-priced items. To help keep the eBay community safe, enhance bidder privacy, and protect our members from fraudulent emails, only you and the seller of the item can view your User ID in bid history. Other members will see anonymous names.\"

That’s why the nicks appear as \"u***m\" and \"t***1\". Behind the *** is their real nick… Also based on the number of bidders, I would still call it a realistic auction.

But you could still be right of course. I haven’t been bidding on those higher priced eBay auctions for a long while, so I’m not that much experienced anymore to see those patterns. The latest auction I just won last night is a promo compilation called \"Expand-O – Album Network CD Tune Up 16\" for 3 bucks only (I was the only bidder)… With the recent Euro-US$ exchange rates that’s close to nothing! :lol: So I’m very curious what eBay replies to your story!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Holy crap I feel like a retard. I thought those user IDs were real! What is wrong with me?! lol.

hahahaha :lol:

i wanted this one, but it went for too much. :(

Viewing 15 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.