Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

STOUTR
      Spectator

http://stores.ebay.com/extremelyrarerecords

this seller has an amazing collection for sale.
      it looks like he’s been quite around in the 90s.
      apart from some autograph items, a lot of this stock is really SPECIAL!
      i mean: all those test-pressings, rare tapes and all…
      this isn’t your ‘average dealer’ or even: totally unlike stores like SLCD or EIL or the former Maprecords or something…

who is this guy?
      anyone got an idea?

somehow i think it must have been an industry incrowd person.
      if not one of the Sub Pop guys themselves, then pretty damn close or at another label or something; likely from Seattle?

if i’d have the time i’d just archive this stocklist completely now, just because it’s an amazing vault of items i might never see again…
      not that i personally am inclined to buy anything: i’m just amazed by the wealth of items, above all!: by the items per se!, i.e.: test-pressings, early tapes, et cetera… from all those bands…! which is to say: quite famous bands, too!!!

check it out… :)
      http://stores.ebay.com/extremelyrarerecords
      even as this is not totally TSP-related, though he also has some TSP-items for sale!, this is quite awesome in collecting terms, at least: that’s what i think… :)
      (yep!- it’s overpriced!!! well… nonetheless… cool stuff!!! especially as this all is in ONE collection!!!)

btw-
      yes: i can ask the seller myself, just thought to check here first to see if anyone knew about this seller first.
      plus: i wanted to mention this amazing collection to all of you!!! :)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i’ve seen that guy. i think brandon told me he has no intention of selling any of it, just posting it on eBay is his way of showing off his collection.

i personally cannot stand him. eBay is for selling, not masturbation.

Arthur
      Spectator

I have to agree with manilla here. The way that seller values his items… questionable, at least.

For example, that I Am One 10\" test pressing. Way overpriced. And that I Am One vinyl single with Billy’s autograph, only collected at a Spirits in the Sky show recently? Man, that drops the price with 75%!! :evil:

buiopesto
      Spectator

some guy from sub pop I presume.
      Just showin’off?hmm…he also had a red tristessa for sale i seem to recall..and i dont see it any more,so probably he’s ready to sell something-

Anonymous
      Spectator

Billy Corgan has a better collection than him – smoke that, eBay Seller-not-Seller.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

i’ve tried twice with that dude. he is only willing to trade his pumpkin records for another record just as rare in return. and isn’t willing to take anything less than his posted prices.

STOUTR
      Spectator

i’ve seen that guy. i think brandon told me he has no intention of selling any of it, just posting it on eBay is his way of showing off his collection.

i personally cannot stand him. eBay is for selling, not masturbation.[/quote:v0onkt1r]

Good description. His name is Andy and he likes to buy expensive stuff and multiply a realistic value by 5 or 10 or whatever and post it on ebay. Didn’t work at Sub Pop as far as I know. Unfortuneately, some people [newbies] buy stuff from him at over the top prices. He lists items with a buy it now of $5,000, for example, but accepts best offers. The sneaky part there is that you can set the ‘best offer’ settings to automatically accept certain offers.

Viewing 6 reply threads

The forum ‘Trading Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.