Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Sven
      Spectator

I’m trying to locate Dave Asselin.. it’s very hard these days. Dave owns a tape most known as the \"Hope Tape\", which billy recorded in 1987. I was wondering if anyone is interested in getting a hold of this recording. I used to have Dave’s phone number and his work number, but I erased them.
      Can anyone help me here?

All the best.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

good luck, i know dave spent an unparalleled amount of time chronicling everything SP in the early days. i hope you can find a way to make contact – i have no remote idea of how to go about this.

dave asselin can be contacted via private message on netphoria: http://forums.netphoria.org/member.php?u=643

are you sure he owns that tape?

salkema
      Spectator

Just talked to Dave and Joe Shanahan over the phone.
      I thought Dave owned a copy of it, since he told me he did last year. Well, he says he gave his copy tto billy 5 years ago. Joe doesn’t seem to find this tape, CW heard that tape on his office years ago… wonder what happened. Interestingly, Joe owns a tape of 8 songs given to him in 1988 with studio versions of Bleed, My Eternity, Screaming, Armed to the teeth, Hippy Trippy and can’t remember what else he said. He told me he can’t share this tape, but I can stop by the Metro and listen to it.

Arthur
      Spectator

Interestingly, Joe owns a tape of 8 songs given to him in 1988 with studio versions of Bleed, My Eternity, Screaming, Armed to the teeth, Hippy Trippy and can’t remember what else he said. He told me he can’t share this tape, but I can stop by the Metro and listen to it.[/quote:2v7nj6fc]
      Cool! Maybe you can at least take pics, and make some notes (track names, track order, track lenghts, etc.), so we can chronicle this on SPfreaks.com at least. I would be really interested to go with you on this little quest, but I’m living in The Netherlands, unfortunately. :wink:

salkema
      Spectator

I will chronicle it, whenever I go to the metro, hopefully sometime in the next few months. It’s a very cool find to see \"My Eternity\", \"Bleed\", \"Screaming\", \"Armed to the Teeth\" and who knows what else in its studio version. This might come from the 12 song recordings from 1988 with a drum machine.

Sven
      Spectator

I will chronicle it, whenever I go to the metro, hopefully sometime in the next few months. It’s a very cool find to see "My Eternity", "Bleed", "Screaming", "Armed to the Teeth" and who knows what else in its studio version. This might come from the 12 song recordings from 1988 with a drum machine.[/quote:1hpej9n6]

it does, i’ve seen but not heard the tape.
      i know DA gave his Hope Tape to BC. i just wonder if DA didn’t keep a copy on cd. he must have.
      there’s much more lovely stuff at Metro; including several awards, the M2, numerous demo tapes, et cetera…
      enjoy!

salkema
      Spectator

When did you knew about Dave giving the tape to Billy? When you were doing the world could feed your lies articles?

Dave had told me two stories so far. Last year he said he had a copy, yesterday he said he gave all to billy. Maybe he has a copy, but he doesn’t want to dig it or share it.

As far as Metro, I bet is unbeliavable. Every big pumpkin fan should go there.

Sven
      Spectator

must have been around that time i found out or heard about it, yep.

Viewing 8 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.