Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

toad32r
      Spectator

Guess this isn’t very surprising, since this Tommy Lee character is playing drums on the new album(s) (don’t remember the titles right now). But still, WTF??!!??
      http://www.crestfallen.com/2014/06/15/m … was-fired/

marigold
      Spectator

Well… Billy hadn’t mentioned him (or Nicole) since recording the new albums – and they had unfollowed on twitter quite a while ago. Nicole is still using the SP name in promoting her band, so maybe will be touring bass player…? I wonder who will be touring drummer – I hope not Tommy Lee. :?

Spag
      Spectator

Well… Billy hadn’t mentioned him (or Nicole) since recording the new albums – and they had unfollowed on twitter quite a while ago. Nicole is still using the SP name in promoting her band, so maybe will be touring bass player…? I wonder who will be touring drummer – I hope not Tommy Lee. :?[/quote:25l796wv]

This kinda bothers me. With all the personnel changes, Billy doesn’t make it very easy for us to be TSP-fans. Also, I find it annoying that he’s writing numerous unreadable album updates, but keeps everybody in the dark about the things that really matter. It took me a while to get used to, but I really liked this incarnation!

marigold
      Spectator

You have to think of ‘Smashing Pumpkins’ as ‘Billy and co’ – since 2007 – although Jeff has stuck around for 7 years now. There must have been some reason for no official announcement, perhaps they (Mike & Nicole) wanted to pursue their own musical projects and see where they went before deciding if they wanted to return to SP or not.
      At least there was a video update yesterday! :) a basic riff doesn’t tell much but it does sound like Billy’s going back to a classic rock sound 8)
      [url:1lvmiktn]http://www.smashingpumpkinsnexus.com/heroes-and-zeros-sp-album-update/c7ba/184a67e1-39a8-4d07-876c-4a0aa769b055[/url:1lvmiktn]

alladnzane
      Spectator

You have to think of ‘Smashing Pumpkins’ as ‘Billy and co’ – since 2007 – although Jeff has stuck around for 7 years now. There must have been some reason for no official announcement, perhaps they (Mike & Nicole) wanted to pursue their own musical projects and see where they went before deciding if they wanted to return to SP or not.
      At least there was a video update yesterday! :) a basic riff doesn’t tell much but it does sound like Billy’s going back to a classic rock sound 8)
      [url:1tnglmcg]http://www.smashingpumpkinsnexus.com/heroes-and-zeros-sp-album-update/c7ba/184a67e1-39a8-4d07-876c-4a0aa769b055[/url:1tnglmcg][/quote:1tnglmcg]

:::: SOUNDING LIKE THE MCIS ERA STUFF :wink: ::::

toad32r
      Spectator

Tommy Lee….? Bothered me since I heard about it.

toad32r
      Spectator

We’ll see though…

Viewing 6 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.