Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Superlordspamulon
      Spectator

It can be found here:

http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=1863

Bit off-topic, but note how China and Taiwan are on the same stamp (on the envelope of the DVD)… Politics, urgh!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I didn’t realize TW was part of China. Wonder why TW makes official releases and the big guy, China, does not. Very strange. That would be like the US making boots and Puerto Rico having official releases. Doesn’t make much sense.

Arthur
      Spectator

I showed my contact in Taiwan this topic and he responded like this.

\"Hi Arthur,

I love to explain relationship between Taiwan and China mainland on your forum, but unfortunately, my English writing ability is not good enough. :(

We call ourself ‘Republic of China’ (ROC), but nobody knows ROC except us, as for Taiwan, when I backpacked travelled in Europe years ago, people asked me where I’m from, they always said ‘Yeah, Thailand! I know’ when I replied I’m from Taiwan.

Anyway, please check the link if you’re interested in knowing a bit more about Taiwan,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwan
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwan_under_Dutch_rule

I cannot call myself SP fan, but I like their music.

Attached pics are scanned from a 300-page book talking about altenative music published in 2000. Meanwhile, I have some Taiwan magazines, perhaps there’re some other articles, if I find something related to SP, I’ll email you. As for Stigmata, I have another brand new sealed copy as attached pics.

Regards,
      Ed\"

Though I tried to convince Ed that his English is perfect for our board with some other Asians posting too, he wishes to stay a bit in the shade. Respect Ed! Meanwhile you can read his linked info about Taiwan/China.

Arthur
      Spectator

I didn’t realize TW was part of China. Wonder why TW makes official releases and the big guy, China, does not. Very strange. That would be like the US making boots and Puerto Rico having official releases. Doesn’t make much sense.[/quote:2wui23m5]
      True. Related to this subject I received an email just now from my girlfriend that happens to be in China for her job as we speak. Read what her experiences are, quite interesting:

"This supplier hospitally is so good that they show us around Dongguan city for a bit and I went to every CD shops that I could find and finally I found Smashing Pumpkins – Zeitgeist. But unfortunately it’s a bootleg. Here in China, it’s hard to get an original copy as there are a huge market for immitate stuffs (at least that’s what my supplier told me – which I think is true as they are way cheaper in price). Anyway I get you a copy. You can burn it or make it as a coster if you like or even as a mirror :P ."

"Anyway I get you a copy. You can burn it or make it as a coster if you like or even as a mirror :P ."[/quote:1wx88ktt] smashing pumpkins coasters! a merchandising opportunity that has been overlooked for so long!

Viewing 4 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.