Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

manillascissor
      Spectator

Nothing special really, and still a long road to go, but http://www.SPfreaks.com reached a 5 numbered visitor count exactly within half a year. That number was reached a few hours ago. A little history:

3 international friends, including me, that knew each other from collecting Smashing Pumpkins each in it’s own unique way, started the fundamentals of SPfreaks in April 2003. We wanted to collect it all, and above that: SHOW IT ALL! 8) We were small and rather unknown, and reached 25,000 – 30,000 visitors by the end of 2005. Then a major backup loss, during a server move, made the site disappear in 2006, and 2 founding members decided to go their own ways. In the meantime, scanning and research went on with new people, including a great guy from the US who used to run a website also. However he was unable to keep it online, and instead he decided to devote his scarce time on SPfreaks. In January 2007 we came back online, did a major update till April 2007 (thanks to RedWolf), bought our own SPfreaks.com domain and here we are now. Still humble, but alive and kicking, and with the SPfreaks Forum since July 2007, we see a growing number of visitors again, and the urge to add new features to the SPfreaks site.

So… to cut it all short; hopefully many more flourishing & kick ass collecting years to come! Smashing Pumpkins playing live and releasing new material again is a great inspiration anyway! :D

So… to cut it all short; hopefully many more flourishing & kick ass collecting years to come! Smashing Pumpkins playing live and releasing new material again is a great inspiration anyway! :D[/quote:3912y0ry]

yeah man same here. keep the good works up and soon im gonna send in more stuffs also

that’s awesome :)

i seriously believe that this site could well become one of the major SP websites out there… you have carved your own little niche and have serious potential :)
      some websites give discographies… but yours goes beyond in depth :lol:

all in all, awesome site, great news, keep up the good work!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I love this place.

Arthur
      Spectator

Another little celebration with a 5:

Recently we’ve added that many items to SPfreaks.com, we now have reached over 5,000 images on the whole Collection website! As we speak we are on 5,013. But believe me, it’s going to be tons more as there are still piles of CDs and other stuffs waiting to be uploaded!

Cool huh… 8)
      Arthur

Recently we’ve added that many items to SPfreaks.com, we now have reached over 5,000 images on the whole Collection website! As we speak we are on 5,013. But believe me, it’s going to be tons more as there are still piles of CDs and other stuffs waiting to be uploaded!Arthur[/quote:3azs1v6w] you really are a dial-up users nightmare, you know that? :lol:

although in all fairness, anyone who is still using dial up pretty much deserves to be shot ;)
      there is no benefit to dial-up…

Arthur
      Spectator

Talking about the old days… dial up is sooooo… Nineties! :lol:

In the meantime I found some old stuffs from 2003/2004 today, when I was cleaning my pc. This funny pic, which we spread around at that time (amongst others, but that’s for our 5 year anniversary next year :wink: ), reminded me our very first domain in 2003/2004 was not redwolf.nl, but darktech.org…

heh cool

humm… for some reason i have the urge to hack into one of those information things and actually spread the SPfreaks word :lol:

wouldn’t know where to start unfortuanately…

Arthur
      Spectator

heh cool

humm… for some reason i have the urge to hack into one of those information things and actually spread the SPfreaks word :lol:

wouldn’t know where to start unfortuanately…[/quote:82ygkcax]
      Things like this might help a bit Superlordspamulon! :lol:

http://www.recordcollectorsguild.org/in … ic&t=41737

oh sure, i could simply mention it to other sites

no, what I want to do is take over electronic bill-boards, or those roadside notifying things, and give us a bit of publicity… :lol:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I like Redwolf the best. Very awesome pic though.

Viewing 10 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.