Viewing 115 reply threads
  • Author

Arthur
      Spectator

Besides the bonustracks collectors, the Zeitgeist-by-color collectors, there are also collectors that want them ALL. Every country where the CD is produced, every sticker that is different, every obi that is available. Actually I’m 1 of them.

For your collecting pleasure I will try to list here all those different versions. In the end it will be the most comprehensive list of Zeitgeists ever produced, that will even put Wikipedia to shame. Sorry Wikipedia! I still love you! :D

Confirmed:

Promo version
      ==========
      12 tracks in cardsleeve, manufactured in US (individually printed CD with receivers’ name)
      12 tracks red in jewelcase, manufactured in US, JP, TH, AR
      12 tracks yellow in jewelcase, manufactured in UK (or in EU, but released in UK)
      12 tracks purple slipcase, manufactured in UK

Red version
      ========
      12 tracks, manufactured in EU (2 types!), US, AU, JP (+ obi), MY, AR, HK, CA, KR, ID, BR, PH, TH, MX, SG

Red version Special Edition with 76 page book
      ================================
      12 tracks, manufactured in US

Yellow version
      ==========
      12 tracks, manufactured in EU (1 seller claims limited to 2000 copies only)
      13 tracks, manufactured in EU, US (aka Best Buy version, with bonustrack Death From Above)

Green version
      ==========
      12 tracks, manufactured in EU (aka HMV version, however 101CD sells it also)

Purple version
      ==========
      12 tracks, manufactured in EU
      13 tracks, manufactured in US (Target), EU (Muller Germany) (with bonustrack Zeitgeist)

Blue version
      =========
      13 tracks, downloadable in US (aka iTunes version, with bonustrack Stellar)
      14 tracks, downloadable in EU, AU (aka iTunes version, with bonustracks Stellar & Zeitgeist)

Silver version (with 3 track bonus DVD)
      ===========================
      18 tracks, manufactured in US (aka Best Buy re-release, with bonustracks Death From Above, Stellar, Ma Belle and a Documentary + the videos of Tarantula & That’s The Way (My Love Is) on the bonus DVD)

Unconfirmed:
      ==========
      None at the moment

Who tracked down more releases? Post it please!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Besides the bonustracks collectors, the Zeitgeist-by-color collectors, there are also collectors that want them ALL. Every country where the CD is produced, every sticker that is different, every obi that is available. Actually I’m 1 of them.

For your collecting pleasure I will try to list here all those different versions. In the end it will be the most comprehensive list of Zeitgeists ever produced, that will even put Wikipedia to shame. Sorry Wikipedia! I still love you! :D

Confirmed:

Red 12 track version, manufactured in EU, US, AU, TW (+ Taiwan only obi), JP (+ Japan only obi), MY, AR, HK

Yellow 13 track version (aka Best Buy version, with bonustrack Death From Above), manufactured in EU, US

Green 12 track version (aka HMV version, however 101CD sells it also), manufactured in EU

Purple 13 track version (aka Target version, with bonustrack Zeitgeist), manufactured in US

Blue 13 track version (aka iTunes version, with bonustrack Stellar), downloadable in US

Blue 14 track version (aka iTunes version, with bonustracks Stellar & Zeitgeist), downloadable in EU, AU

Unconfirmed:

Yellow 12 track version

Purple 12 track version

Who tracked down more releases? Post it please![/quote:1yjh2y5v]

Hi Arthur

I also am looking for all countries. I haven’t seen these yet, but I SUSPECT that Brazil, Canada, Mexico, and Italy MAY press Zeitgeist versions as well. But again, I haven’t seen anthing to suggest this, other than most of the past releases were released in these countries.

Also, we have to keep in mind the new label. No more Virgin. :( I guess the Pumpkins hated them in the end, but Virgin could promote the shit out of an album!!!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

http://cgi.ebay.com/SMASHING-PUMPKINS-Z … dZViewItem

Check this out: Cat #: 9362499402

Different from yellow CD on SPFreaks. So, maybe yellow 12 trk DOES exist!!!???

I have one on order, maybe it will arrive soon and I’ll double check.

I have a yellow and a purple 12 track, EU. Both were available in the UK.

There’s also a European version of the purple 13 track, available in Germany.

Arthur
      Spectator

Thanks, list above is updated according your information and some things I found out myself.

i just made scans of all my copies that aren’t on the site yet. the canadian one is included. it’s a 12-track red cover. the red is a bit brownish if you compare it to the other red covers (eu or japan, for example). i’ll mail them to you later today.

Arthur
      Spectator

i just made scans of all my copies that aren’t on the site yet. the canadian one is included. it’s a 12-track red cover. the red is a bit brownish if you compare it to the other red covers (eu or japan, for example). i’ll mail them to you later today.[/quote:yo5o1je0]
      Thanks, they are being uploaded as we speak. Meanwhile we found the red South Korean release also. I have added a promo section also, as they appear also more and more. Japan and US for a start.

Arthur
      Spectator

Red 12 track releases from Indonesia, Brazil & Philippines added to the list.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Wow! What country DIDN’T release Zeitgeist?

Also, are you sure TW has a CD for Zeitgeist? I can’t find one…

Arthur
      Spectator

Also, are you sure TW has a CD for Zeitgeist? I can’t find one…[/quote:37d5gs4r]
      You’re right, it turned out it was the standard red release imported from the US if I remember well. I’ll withdraw it from the list in a second now. My contactperson in Taiwan however said they are awaiting the sales of Zeitgeist for a bit and then decide on releasing maybe a genuine Taiwan release, maybe in other colors (with bonustracks? he didn’t tell) also. But, I call that rumoured releases now. For the moment: NO TAIWAN. Snifff… another obi gone… :cry:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

LOL, I’m with ya. But hey, think of what you can do with the money you saved!!!

Arthur
      Spectator

Before I forget, somebody pointed out to me by email this weekend that the Taiwanese book edition has sometimes a Taiwan only sticker on front. As far as I know this book edition is imported from US (like everywhere) so I’m not going to give it a separate entry. Hope you can agree. Also I’m not that much of a collecting freak that I’m going to buy it. For your information, it’s available on eBay here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SMASHING-PUMPKINS-Z … dZViewItem (don’t be mistaken, the promo cd mentioned is the actual Zeitgeist cd).

Other suppliers from Taiwan have this book edition also without the sticker.

wow, i’m not even halfway collecting that! geezzz!!! you are over 20 now already, while some site (i’m not supposed to mention it i heard, don’t block me please :P ) is at 15 only, i don’t count that stupid i-tunes stuffs

i don’t count that stupid i-tunes stuffs[/quote:3d12k672] there seems to be a surprisingly high amount of itunes hatred here.
      i dont like them either.
      mainly because they allow bands to release singles, where you get one b-side on the cd, one on each of the two vinyls of it they release, and BOTH on the itunes version! (mcr, im looking at you…)
      thank god for fan sites with free downloads! :D

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i don’t count that stupid i-tunes stuffs[/quote:hmpox95u] there seems to be a surprisingly high amount of itunes hatred here.
      i dont like them either.
      mainly because they allow bands to release singles, where you get one b-side on the cd, one on each of the two vinyls of it they release, and BOTH on the itunes version! (mcr, im looking at you…)
      thank god for fan sites with free downloads! :D[/quote:hmpox95u]

I actually like itunes for what it was intended for, you know, playing music on the ipod. but itunes on my computer as an audio player is a whole other story. everytime i open a new browser or an adobe file or anything that makes my computer "think", itunes gets all fuzzy. the REALLY bad part is that it doesn’t self recover. i usually have to restart the freaking song! it’s so annoying!

Arthur
      Spectator

Thailand and Thailand promo is confirmed. List updated.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Thailand and Thailand promo is confirmed. List updated.[/quote:1i4j7tu1]

Awesome. Plus sucks. Now I have to find these as well!!!!!!!!!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Add Mexico the the list please! Thanks!

Arthur
      Spectator

Add Mexico the the list please! Thanks![/quote:2bz4s28q]
      Done. Can I go to bed now please? It’s 01:45 here 8)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Add Mexico the the list please! Thanks![/quote:uvk2vq37]
      Done. Can I go to bed now please? It’s 01:45 here 8)[/quote:uvk2vq37]

You are allowed to sleep until I find the MX Zeitgeist promo.

to be more complete, the second EU red 12-track (sold in the UK as a Virgin exclusive) should also be added.

Arthur
      Spectator

to be more complete, the second EU red 12-track (sold in the UK as a Virgin exclusive) should also be added.[/quote:df1bk82h]
      Cool As Ice Cream is referring to his contribution, which sneaked in the Collection here:

http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=1825

It’s corrected above. Also added in the Collection tonight, with scans and info: Argentina and Indonesia. We have by now reached the number of 23 different types of Zeitgeist CD’s, with at least 4 more to come: US goldstamped promo, Thailand + promo and Mexico. Anybody got some Zeitgeist vinyl? Would be nice to have that also on the site!

Arthur
      Spectator

Hmmm. For the moment I have to correct Thailand + promo coming in. The poor seller was kicked off eBay before the auction ended. Most probably because he made it too obvious it was a promo. However I did email with him a bit, he confirmed both the promo and the standard release, and I’m trying to reach him again. Kinda hard as I don’t know his personal email. So I know they exist, but they are not coming in (yet).

Update 2009-09-03: He reposted under a different name and I’m bidding on it now. Please… Humbly asking everyone here not to bid on it. 8)

Shannen
      Spectator

Wow that’s cool but I’m gonna be broke with all sort of versions they are releasing :(

Wow that’s cool but I’m gonna be broke with all sort of versions they are releasing :([/quote:2i8jaq1l]
      same here shannen, same here…

has taiwan and sout africa been confirmed already?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I’ve been searching for ZA, no luck. I’ve also pretty much given up on the TW Zeitgeist, but who knows, maybe with time. All the past TW releases were imported versions and rewrapped in plastic with the red logo EMI pull strip, correct? Correct me if I’m wrong, don’t have my collection in front of me. Wait, I do, SPFreaks!!! However, busy at the moment, I can follow up on this little theory later.

Arthur
      Spectator

I can announce a purple Zeitgeist promo (the one with Zeitgeist as a bonustrack). It was confirmed to me personally by email. However the dealer on eBay took it away from his auction list before I could bid. Hopefully he will get back to me soon.

I took the South Africa and Taiwan away from the unconfirmed list.

have you found thailand normal album already i only see the promo

Arthur
      Spectator

have you found thailand normal album already i only see the promo[/quote:2w4fcaxl]
      No not yet BleedingTheOrchid, but I’m sure it’s there when there is a promo release. Meanwhile I can confirm another Zeitgeist: Manufactured in Singapore. I just received a sms from my girlfriend, that she bought me a copy. Lucky me, having a girlfriend that travels all over the world for her job. 8)

Arthur
      Spectator

I’m quite sure it is nothing serious, but on sp.com I found an old July 2007 post between the different Zeitgeist color pics, it doesn’t look like a fan posted something. Here is Zeitgeist Silver.

ah thats too easy to make. it’s probably just a fan pic.
      i don’t hope that it is released as a cover for a b-sides/rarities thing – it wouldnt be that imaginitive :lol:

i have seen the gray cover before. it was an official picture, but this doesn’t mean they will actually release it. i mean, i have seen the tarantula single cover in black and white before too (also from official sources), but as far as i know they didn’t sell that one either.

i’d love another zeitgeist with a bonus cd of b-sides and live tracks.
      but on the other hand, it would be a bit rude. they already released so many different versions. a lot of people will be angry about it.

i’d love another zeitgeist with a bonus cd of b-sides and live tracks.
      but on the other hand, it would be a bit rude. they already released so many different versions. a lot of people will be angry about it.[/quote:3k8uqk1p] maybe they should do a live/bsides cd/dvd? like have live tracks etc. on the cd, and maybe their first re-brith show that was in france on the dvd. i’d pay for that :D

i think they’ll need more than one dvd for the paris show…

Arthur
      Spectator

Zeitgeist red promo CD Argentina confirmed, list updated.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Awesome. eBay or elsewhere?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Found UK full album promotional CD w/i foldover paperslip (purple version, not red)!!!!!! Will provide photos as soon as item received.

Found UK full album promotional CD w/i foldover paperslip (purple version, not red)!!!!!! Will provide photos as soon as item received.[/quote:1vqkrpa4]
      Ooh, I’m really interested in how this looks like.

Arthur
      Spectator

Yes eBay. (quickie from MY see if pda on hotspot works)

Arthur
      Spectator

F@ck it works! :D another quickie to tell you i just got the sweetest Zeitgeist bootie 2cd in a wooden box, whole Zeitgeist, partly Greatest Hits. Whish I could provide pics. Rock on guys, I read cool finds on the cd front everywhere here! :D

zeitgeist grey/silver is a bestbuy exclusive, apparently. it comes with 3 bonus tracks (would these be dfa, stellar and zeitgeist?) and a bonus dvd.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp … id=1766267

i made a picture of my zeitgeist collection so far:

Arthur
      Spectator

zeitgeist grey/silver is a bestbuy exclusive, apparently. it comes with 3 bonus tracks (would these be dfa, stellar and zeitgeist?) and a bonus dvd.

i wonder if there will be a german release of this. just like they had a german release of the yellow and purple versions with bonus tracks, on amazon.de and in that mueller store chain. i think it was amazon.de that had the same version as bestbuy.com (the yellow one), so i guess they would be the one having the grey one as well…[/quote:3cdrc7qj]
      Good news, I mean collector-wise… When I saw that grey artwork on sp.com, it looked like an official upload instead of some fanmade thingy. And… they have the dvd anyway, which is cool news also! What are the bets for the dvd? Fillmore live compilation? 2007 tour snippets? Zeitgeist track by track interview? Earphoria II?

There were a few moments I thought the bonus dvd could contain the Zeitgeist track by track interview as in September a Warner inhouse dvd surfaced (from Europe if I’m right, telling this by head, I haven’t properly uploaded it yet, though it is on it already, but I received it not so long before my holiday) but anyway, this dvd contains a track called "Generic EPK". Normally EPK means Electronic Press Kit. It is a 12-13 minutes version of the Zeitgeist track by track interview. I haven’t properly looked at it as the vinyl and price guide stuffs came inbetween… Maybe it’s going to be stuffed in the bonus material of the dvd’s?

Talking about vinyl, it’s about time they release the Zeitgeist vinyl also…

But my bet goes to a lot of live material. Hopefully full songs instead of snippets. The best would be a complete show, including Gossamer, Heavy Metal Machine (new version), Superchrist, and some more cool stuffs. We’ll see, I’m happy anyway!

PS nice pic that Zeitgeist collection 8)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i made a picture of my zeitgeist collection so far:

[/quote:243fojto]

Fawesome.

if you look closely at the advertisement picture, it says something about \"inside zeitgeist\" and \"in depth interview regarding the making of\".

based on this, i’d guess it’s one of those interviews, maybe completed with some in-studio footage.

i also think live stuff would be the coolest.
      they can also add the two video clips they already made.

holy CRAP that’s a large collection y’got there cool as ice cream ;)

nice work!

argentinia is on the way…

argentinia is on the way…[/quote:2smgo74h]

you’ll be able to create a proper square then. fill in that little empty space bottom right :)

yes, indeed. i know.

the grey one will cause the same problem again though…

Arthur
      Spectator

if you look closely at the advertisement picture, it says something about "inside zeitgeist" and "in depth interview regarding the making of".

based on this, i’d guess it’s one of those interviews, maybe completed with some in-studio footage.

i also think live stuff would be the coolest.
      they can also add the two video clips they already made.[/quote:dwp88kf5]
      There is already some radio stuffs called Inside Smashing Pumpkins: Zeitgeist. We only have pics for the moment here:

http://www.spfreaks.com/Default.aspx?pa … &item=1642

Argentinia? Not on my map. Most probably a bootleg? :P

Argentinia? Not on my map. Most probably a bootleg? :P[/quote:zrlkoq2x]
      damn dutch. :cry:

Arthur
      Spectator

damn dutch. :cry:[/quote:2gle6ngh]
      Yeah sorry. I had to much Indian curry and Chinese prawns lately. It obviously did something to my spelling checker. Hope it helps when I tell you I brought a huge box of Belgian chocolates as a gift for a guy over there. It was very much appreciated. :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

Found UK full album promotional CD w/i foldover paperslip (purple version, not red)!!!!!! Will provide photos as soon as item received.[/quote:1ludw0qp]
      List updated. Please comment when the list is incomplete or not correct still.

Arthur
      Spectator

Talking about bootlegs, here’s the Chinese Zeitgeist bootleg. Hilarious!

Front of the wooden box (after folding the glossy paper front)

CD1

haha, i’m liking that chinese bootleg :lol:

that1s the way (my love is)?
      (come on) let1s go?

heh typos :)

Arthur
      Spectator

Zeitgeist red promo CD Argentina confirmed, list updated.[/quote:2yhm141v]
      Scans are on the site.

http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=1905

Arthur
      Spectator

haha, i’m liking that chinese bootleg :lol:

that1s the way (my love is)?
      (come on) let1s go?

heh typos :)[/quote:148bs0j1]
      Do not try to read the text on the white ring around the CD either… :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

Some info on the silver Zeitgeist, taken from MySpace:

Zeitgeist re-release at Best Buy on Tuesday October 30th

The Smashing Pumpkins’ Zeitgeist will be re-released and packaged with a full-length DVD documentary titled Inside The Zeitgeist. Also included on the disc are 3 bonus tracks, included an un-released song titled Ma Belle. The other songs included are Stellar and Death From Above.

This special version of Zeitgeist features an all new metallic silver color scheme as well.

The Zeitgeist re-release will be sold exclusively at Best Buy stores and can be pre-ordered here:

(PS I ordered my copy somewhere else for a slightly higher price (mainly because of shipment costs), just to ensure faster shipment. It should be here in Europe very soon now, maybe I can beat you guys now with the scans/info 8) )

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I can have scans by tomorrow. HA!!!!

Cool info, did not know about this release. Thanks Arthur!

Arthur
      Spectator

I can have scans by tomorrow. HA!!!![/quote:2newzwba]
      :shock: Grrrrr!!!

Arthur
      Spectator

I can have scans by tomorrow. HA!!!!

Cool info, did not know about this release. Thanks Arthur![/quote:2qq844ig]
      For some reason I beat you anyway. :P List on page 1 of this thread is updated also by the way. And I read somewhere the sales for Zeitgeist are 800,000 in the US by now, which could mean it turns Platinum by the end of the year.

http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=1912

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Yes, the some reason is that I’m NEVER HOME! lol. Always away from my computer, working on the road. GRR!!!! Job well done.

However, tomorrow is catch-up day. Have some cool items coming your way. Promotional cassettes, vinyl, and CDs.

All of which are American dreams. All of which are American dreams. All of which are American dreams. All of which are American dreams…

Some info on the silver Zeitgeist, taken from MySpace:

Zeitgeist re-release at Best Buy on Tuesday October 30th

The Smashing Pumpkins’ Zeitgeist will be re-released and packaged with a full-length DVD documentary titled Inside The Zeitgeist. Also included on the disc are 3 bonus tracks, included an un-released song titled Ma Belle. The other songs included are Stellar and Death From Above.

This special version of Zeitgeist features an all new metallic silver color scheme as well.

The Zeitgeist re-release will be sold exclusively at Best Buy stores and can be pre-ordered here:

(PS I ordered my copy somewhere else for a slightly higher price (mainly because of shipment costs), just to ensure faster shipment. It should be here in Europe very soon now, maybe I can beat you guys now with the scans/info 8) )[/quote:1m0k4n5t]
      i ordered it too it looks cool. whats on the dvd? i nowhere read that the videos are on (spfc doesnt say anything about it anyway), but spfreaks says it has 2 videos also? is that true?

Arthur
      Spectator

i ordered it too it looks cool. whats on the dvd? i nowhere read that the videos are on (spfc doesnt say anything about it anyway), but spfreaks says it has 2 videos also? is that true?[/quote:362m4lb7]
      Yup, that is true. But you probably got it by now?

In the meantime I bought a new type of UK Zeitgeist promo, yellow stickered. I will update the list on page 1.

Arthur
      Spectator

Guys, give me a break OK, I’m bidding on this one.

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie … 0212029804

All of which are American dreams. All of which are American dreams. All of which are American dreams. All of which are American dreams…[/quote:10df1h80] FUCK YOU I WON’T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME!

Sorry, off topic i know. I just had to :D

Guys, give me a break OK, I’m bidding on this one.

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie … 0212029804

[/quote:2n2jhnyk]

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :cry: :(

anyway, this one will be impossible to get. it’s the first one i have seen for sale, and there are more people looking for it than you would think.

i hope you started with a low bid, because someone will up it long before the auction is over.

Arthur
      Spectator

anyway, this one will be impossible to get. it’s the first one i have seen for sale, and there are more people looking for it than you would think.

i hope you started with a low bid, because someone will up it long before the auction is over.[/quote:1uod9ijk]

Not telling, I got my tactics. No rocket science though. However, I expect it to disappear from eBay in a few days. The label will probably not allow this auction.

Not telling, I got my tactics. No rocket science though. However, I expect it to disappear from eBay in a few days. The label will probably not allow this auction.[/quote:2w55g9t0] Which means you contacted the seller, told him the label will take it down, and that if this event occurs you will offer him a reasonable amount and get it off him with little competition.

Or you just bid at the last minute :lol:

hmmm… how can you be sure that it will be taken down? i’ve bought a watermarked promo of thefutureembrace on ebay. and i saw others being sold. i’ve never seen it been taken down.

so what’s the plan? tell the record company about the auction, wait until it’s taken down and then show up as the helpful buyer?

Arthur
      Spectator

Which means you contacted the seller, told him the label will take it down, and that if this event occurs you will offer him a reasonable amount and get it off him with little competition.

Or you just bid at the last minute :lol:[/quote:116wb3k8]

No. Let me explain, as probably no-one will follow this tactics. I’ll buy eBay first, become CEO for a day, delete this auction and threaten to give a high penalty unless the promo is delivered to me, so I can pass it to the label. Which I might forget to do of course. Then I will sell my eBay shares again and live happily after all… 8)

I’ll buy eBay first, become CEO for a day, delete this auction and threaten to give a high penalty unless the promo is delivered to me, so I can pass it to the label. Which I might forget to do of course. Then I will sell my eBay shares again and live happily after all… 8)[/quote:1o89e851]

Elaborate

Arthur
      Spectator

I like to call it a cunning plan… 8)

I like to call it a cunning plan… 8)[/quote:11va1dw9]

Is it a cunning and subtle one?
      Is it as cunning as a fox who’s just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University?

good luck, arthur. i really hope you will win this cd.

Arthur
      Spectator

hmmm… how can you be sure that it will be taken down? i’ve bought a watermarked promo of thefutureembrace on ebay. and i saw others being sold. i’ve never seen it been taken down.[/quote:385imgi5]
      Of course I can’t be sure, this one might slip through. Might not also.

so what’s the plan? tell the record company about the auction, wait until it’s taken down and then show up as the helpful buyer?[/quote:385imgi5]
      No, that’s too much work with a kinda uncertain outcome. When my other plan described above doesn’t work, I have another way of getting it. It will cost me a stunning 0.99 UK pounds, being the starting bid. Every bidder has an IP address that can be blocked from going to eBay, so that’s what I will do after each bid. Then I restore eBay’s backup of the minute just before the competitor’s bid. Should work, it’s proven technology.

Arthur
      Spectator

good luck, arthur. i really hope you will win this cd.[/quote:1oz1us8e]
      Thanks, fingers crossed… To be honest, I expect it to go as you thought before, tons of bidders and the auction will reach a skyhigh price… That is when the auction is not ended before.

good luck, arthur. i really hope you will win this cd.[/quote:1rnhrhhu]
      Thanks, fingers crossed… To be honest, I expect it to go as you thought before, tons of bidders and the auction will reach a skyhigh price… That is when the auction is not ended before.[/quote:1rnhrhhu]
      This is what hired assassins are for…

Arthur
      Spectator

Thanks, fingers crossed… To be honest, I expect it to go as you thought before, tons of bidders and the auction will reach a skyhigh price… That is when the auction is not ended before.[/quote:2qune6ml]
      This is what hired assassins are for…[/quote:2qune6ml]
      Poland is famous for having quite a lot of assassins, they can be hired for a small amount of money, or even a bottle of vodka. Fez? Fez!!! Wanna do a small job for me? 8)

if you would end up winning this cd, and it arrived sealed, would you dare to open it?

if you would end up winning this cd, and it arrived sealed, would you dare to open it?[/quote:9mkrmc2c]

What sort of seal? If I was in that position – if it were shrink wrapped (or w.e the plastic wrapping they put on it) i’d carefully find the opening tab for it, and gently prise it open with a very thin knife or something. If it were sticker sealed, i would prise the hinges gently, removing the cover from the back case, and take scans from there :)

Arthur
      Spectator

if you would end up winning this cd, and it arrived sealed, would you dare to open it?[/quote:utnrrvsd]
      If I’m right, the auction description says it’s sealed/unopened. When it would arrive in that state, I would leave it unopened (of course I would like to add to that). Besides, it is kinda unplayable anyway, as I understood, and we got scans on SPfreaks.com already also. So at least for collecting reasons I would leave it unopened. Judging by the blurry pic on eBay, it looks genuine anyway.

Think I told you before, I know the owner of a Dutch Zeitgeist silkcreened promo, the guy told me he couldn’t play it either. He also told me a few times he is not ready to sell it, so I’m leaving him alone for a while… What else can you do huh…

He also told me a few times he is not ready to sell it, so I’m leaving him alone for a while… What else can you do huh…[/quote:1mbqgu9i] Torture. Gets you surprisingly far in life…

Arthur
      Spectator

He also told me a few times he is not ready to sell it, so I’m leaving him alone for a while… What else can you do huh…[/quote:1ce4epkq] Torture. Gets you surprisingly far in life…[/quote:1ce4epkq]
      FUCK YOU I WILL DO WHAT YOU TELL ME!!!

Sorry, got inspired by some post on this thread before… Good ideas you have Superlordspamulon. :)

He also told me a few times he is not ready to sell it, so I’m leaving him alone for a while… What else can you do huh…[/quote:2lto9yjl] Torture. Gets you surprisingly far in life…[/quote:2lto9yjl]
      FUCK YOU I WILL DO WHAT YOU TELL ME!!!

Sorry, got inspired by some post on this thread before… Good ideas you have Superlordspamulon. :)[/quote:2lto9yjl]
      My mind is a disturbing place. I suggest the chinese water torture.

Arthur
      Spectator

My mind is a disturbing place. I suggest the chinese water torture.[/quote:3hn24xfb]
      Naaah, you’re too friendly. Some people train on that and start liking it. Sticking needles everywhere in his body and randomly start scratching his bones sounds like more fun to me. I’m in the mood to do anything for that promo. 8)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

My mind is a disturbing place. I suggest the chinese water torture.[/quote:3s5uchq3]
      Naaah, you’re too friendly. Some people train on that and start liking it. Sticking needles everywhere in his body and randomly start scratching his bones sounds like more fun to me. I’m in the mood to do anything for that promo. 8)[/quote:3s5uchq3]

Sensory deprevation. Best torture ever. All you need is a room, oven mitts, duct tape, and a blindfold. After 3 days or so, complete insanity.

Also, I’d leave that shit sealed as well.

Besides, it is kinda unplayable anyway, as I understood[/quote:3lg662zp]
      huh? no, it isn’t. what would be the point of an unplayable promo?
      anyway, trust me, it is fully playable. i have listened to one of these watermarked cds last year.

to copy the audio onto your pc is another story though. i think this is particularly hard to do. but the reward would be great, since these watermarked cds are supposed to contain the premasters of the zeitgeist songs.
      so i regret that this cd is sealed and that you would decide to keep it sealed. although i understand. (i usually work the other way around: i open what i have, unless i already have an opened copy. in that case i keep one of the two sealed.)

Arthur
      Spectator

I read more than once that this specific promo is so highly protected, it became unplayable in cars and several cd players. The Dutch owner of this promo, had the same problem when I asked him about it. He never listened to it.

If the promo contains older mixes/premasters of the Zeitgeist tracks, it would be a reason to open it, and check it out however! Make a tiny cut in the plastic cover just to let the cd out, and try to play it. I did that a few times with other cds I badly wanted to hear.

if this is still sealed, it is sealed in a paper/cardboard sleeve. you’ll have to break the seal to listen to it. or you would have to cut open the sleeve on one side.

example: http://www.spfreaks.com/Default.aspx?pa … &item=1656 (compare the second image to the third one: sealed vs. opened)

Arthur
      Spectator

It might be a rather rude action to open it then… hmmm… I just checked back and the auction says \"New & Sealed\" and \"CD IS BRAND NEW SEALED AND COMES IN CARD CASE\". Maybe I better (try to) win this one on eBay and ask the other guy for a temporarily loan of his promo to have it ripped anyway?

And you know what? I looked at the counter on that auction and it went from 14 to 16 only today. Yesterday it was 13, after I notified the board here of it’s existence. Obviously not many people notice it on eBay so far, when most of the hits on that auction came from the members here. At least that’s my wild guess. Can I be hopeful? Guess not… It only needs 1 sniper to have me blown away in the last second. :wink:

opening the seal isn’t all that \"rude\", in my opinion. as you can see in the picture, it is designed to be opened without making a mess of it. (i opened one of my tfe promos and i kept the seal. so it’s still kind of \"complete\".)

but if you could use that other person’s copy, that would be awesome. will he be ok with it though?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Arthur, I don’t think you’d have much success ripping any version of this CD. I don’t know a lot about this, but, like you said, it’s highly protected. Not to mention, anyone willing to sell this CD to you has their name attached w/i some sort of coding to the songs. If you downloaded and spread around the community, (assuming songs are different), you’d be jeopardizing that person’s integrity.

I think this is more of a concern before the album is released though. Whatever happens, just be careful. I wouldn’t go cutting holes in the cardboard either. To me, that would bring the value down.

I wouldn’t have the balls to open one of the cardboard envelopes!

yeah, simply breaking the seal and opening the envelope will do less damage than cutting it open.

i have successfully ripped the watermarked cd for tfe. so it’s possible.

about the audio being linked to one person via the watermark:
      – i agree, now that the album has been released, this becomes less important. if the record company finds zeitgeist online these days, they probably won’t check for the watermark anymore. there’s a difference between illegally spreading the album and illegally spreading the album before its release.
      – if someone doesn’t mind selling this on ebay to the highest bidder, i feel that we don’t owe him anything in regards to not spreading the audio. (if someone would be nice enough to give or lend or sell me their copy in private, i wouldn’t mind agreeing on not spreading the audio.)

Arthur
      Spectator

i feel that we don’t owe him anything in regards to not spreading the audio.[/quote:36jka8ut]
      It’s still illegal.

yes, of course, but that’s another issue.

it’s also illegal for the seller to sell it. and in that aspect, i guess it’s also illegal to buy it.

anyway, i don’t think the seller’s integrity is at stake here. he’s selling it on ebay. how much integrity does he have left after such an action?

Arthur
      Spectator

Ouch. Outbid.

Ouch. Outbid.[/quote:3atrsc8t]

you are planning to bid higher, right?
      and you are kindly asking us not to join the bidding war, not to increase the price while it wouldn’t be necessary, right?

Arthur
      Spectator

you are planning to bid higher, right?[/quote:2as02pjc]
      No. Feel free to bid. Thanks for your understanding so far. :D

ok, i will.

god *********** dammit! auction has ended. jesus ************christ!!! :evil:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

not a bad price. wonder when another will pop up. i know it will. you’ll get one, bram. hang in there!!!

Arthur
      Spectator

god *********** dammit! auction has ended. jesus ************christ!!! :evil:[/quote:2df8ssxd]
      This is fucking unfair indeed. I just complained to the seller as being the first bidder, being unable to bid again.

i told auctionsniper to bid £140 (before the auction was ended early). i hope the seller got a lot less.

Arthur
      Spectator

Meanwhile I had my little troubles with this seller. This is my latest email to that guy.

\"Dear his-masters-dog-music,

I’m very sorry to see you are making a big mess of this auction. First you end it early for an unknown reason, then you get pissed because I’m saying something about it, then you offer it to me anyway as a second chance auction, and then you withdraw the second chance offer also. I offer humble apologizes, but getting a reply to that: no. Weird person you are, not a friendly seller if you ask me. Good luck with your other auctions his-masters-dog-music, but I hope we never run into each other again. You are not a trustworthy seller at all, and you are not able to communicate in a proper way. I’m very sorry to see all that in 1 person.\"

It feels good to be pissed sometimes. 8)

i’m so sad now. why do the crappy sellers always have the cool items? :(

Arthur
      Spectator

I thought the hunt for the 1,000+ different Zeitgeist versions was over… Maybe not. I’m having a lead to another yellow version from the UK, as it looks now with a non-purple disc. The artwork could be really yellowish yellow instead of brownish yellow, that we already know. But it might be the standard UK yellow release also, which comes with the purple CD anyway.

This is what the seller states, and shows as the pic of this release.

\"CD is a limited exclusive for indies stores only – the cover art will be in yellow. (There will also be a green & red sleeve for other retailers – standard CD will then be purple).\"

what makes you think the cd won’t be purple (like all other zeitgeist cd releases)???

my guess is that this is just a funny scan of the \"normal\" uk yellow edition. but who knows…

Arthur
      Spectator

what makes you think the cd won’t be purple (like all other zeitgeist cd releases)???

my guess is that this is just a funny scan of the "normal" uk yellow edition. but who knows…[/quote:38qs3a1k]
      "There will also be a green & red sleeve for other retailers – standard CD will then be purple" <= for me it implicates that this yellow release contains a non-purple disc. But yeah, that is my guess also, like you said.

EAZYE121
      Spectator

Purple cover is what I think it means. A purple cover was the standard release in the UK, unlike the red in the US.

Arthur
      Spectator

Purple cover is what I think it means. A purple cover was the standard release in the UK, unlike the red in the US.[/quote:al96h97i]
      Yup, you’re right. I now get the feeling I’m hyping up something that is not very interesting after all… :?

mirrorboxer
      Spectator

Public Enemy once told me \"Don’t believe the hype!\" 8)

Purple cover is what I think it means. A purple cover was the standard release in the UK, unlike the red in the US.[/quote:3pdbgakk]
      yep.

Arthur
      Spectator

Yawns… Mainly because the seller has not returned to me with an answer yet… :roll:

Viewing 115 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.