Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

Arthur
      Spectator

Some member quotes from SP.com, just a few minutes ago:

\"The tour promoter, Rival Entertainment, sent an official press release to the Atlanta Journal Constitution confirming the illness of Chamberlin.\"

\"Yeah I just heard that on the radio as well. They were saying that they were handing out fliers at the FOX telling people that both show had been postponed and to check the website for details.\"

Let’s hope nothing serious is going on… :?

Arthur
      Spectator

Update, official announcement from SP.com a few minutes ago:

\"The Smashing Pumpkins have been forced to postpone tonight’s sold out show (10/30) at the Fox Theater in Atlanta after drummer Jimmy Chamberlin was admitted to a hospital after experiencing some chest discomfort. Chamberlin will rest at the hospital tonight and is expected to be released Wednesday.

Information about Wednesday’s show in Atlanta is TBA–updates for ticketholders will be made available as soon as possible.\"

Satur999
      Spectator

wishin him wellness… im glad he is ok

toad32r
      Spectator

Get better Jimmy, Dont let these ppl that act like they are SP fans, get under your skin. Ppl that are more worried about a postponed show or two, over the well being of a person, i wouldnt want as a fan anyways… They can go listen to their REAL favorite band, Menudo…lol

Satur999
      Spectator

lol at menudo

Arthur
      Spectator

To be honest, news like this scares the shit out of me. Since the cancel/postpone announcement I have been doing F5 on the SP site for hours already. And \"chest discomfort\" doesn’t make me happy either. I’m not in a fun mood about this at all.

Fingers crossed…

Pipoka
      Spectator

To be honest, news like this scares the shit out of me. Since the cancel/postpone announcement I have been doing F5 on the SP site for hours already. And "chest discomfort" doesn’t make me happy either. I’m not in a fun mood about this at all.

Fingers crossed…[/quote:35xkke1b]

i feel exactly the same way, and it’s 1:04 pm here, i’m flying to paris tomorrow morning, i’ll have to get up at 5:50am. i would not be able to check for updates, and i’m really worried about him. hope that he is ok.

"chest disconfort" is to vague. i’m a radiology tech so "chest disconfort" is very usual in emergency radiology. and it can be caused by a several things; it can be nothing, but it also can be everything.

as you said, fingers crossed*

(see you on monday)

i’m not too worried. he’ll be fine. he might be out for weeks, but he’ll be fine.

i’m not too worried. he’ll be fine. he might be out for weeks, but he’ll be fine.[/quote:3uhpenot] i agree. he’ll be fine, this stuff happens. and he’s in good hands :)

i’m not too worried. he’ll be fine. he might be out for weeks, but he’ll be fine.[/quote:hjvh5ht5]
      hope so its the uncoolest news since long

Arthur
      Spectator

Another member quote from SP.com:

\"The Project 961 people were parked behind us and told us what happened before we even got around the corner to the Fox. They said to check their site for updates…so, since there hasn’t been an update here, I thought I’d cut-n-paste this info for anyone who doesn’t know this news. The implication seems to be that the TX and TN shows may also not be happening as scheduled…

\"By doctors’ orders, Chamberlin will rest for the next 7 days. We expect for new show dates to be announced in the next couple of days, with the performance dates to happen within the next month…Regarding November 7 at The Classic Center Theater – Athens: The Classic Center Theater show will play as scheduled. This will be the band’s first performance after this short break.\"\"

hey spfreaks should be updated this is new info from pumpkins website

Cities affected include:
      Atlanta (10/30, 31)
      Austin (11/2)
      Dallas (11/3)
      Nashville (11/5)

All tickets will be honored for the rescheduled dates.

The revised itinerary is below. The rescheduled dates are marked with an asterisk (*).

DATE CITY VENUE
      Nov 7 Athens, GA Classic Center Theater
      Nov 8 Greensboro, NC War Memorial Stadium
      Nov 9 Columbia, SC Township Auditorium
      *Nov 11 Nashville, TN Ryman Theater
      *Nov 13 Austin, TX Backyard
      *Nov 15 Atlanta, GA Fox Theater
      *Nov 16 Atlanta, GA Fox Theater
      *Nov 18 Dallas, TX Nokia Theater

Arthur
      Spectator

hey spfreaks should be updated this is new info from pumpkins website[/quote:1k5zadrg]
      Thanks BleedingTheOrchid, it has just been adjusted in the Tour & Recording History. It’s our good practice to leave the cancelled dates/locations there for future reference. On top of the Tracks Info section we provide extra info, visible after you clicked the date with the *.

http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=TOURHISTO … locid=1040 for example.

Viewing 12 reply threads

The forum ‘Touring & Concert’ is closed to new topics and replies.