Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Arthur
      Spectator

In reference to the recent SPFreaks posting about this release see below: I am the person who won that auction 5-6 years ago. I knew it was rare and I assumed other collectors here already had it as I won it at a good price. My records show I spent NZ$120.00 including shipping, from memory I think I won it for about US$85. Just thought I would identify my-self and take some pride in one of the rarer CDS in my collection’.

:D

Last but not least, we’d like to highlight not just one, but three impossibly rare releases acquired by some lucky SPfreaks members this year: First, the almost mythical French Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness promotional 2 CD issued by Delabel. This was last seen for sale some 5 or 6 year ago and went unnoticed (and cheap!) to an unknown collector. We were only able to grab some low-fidelity scans of this release to document its existence before it disappeared again. Rest assured, once received, we will provide appropriate scans that a rare release of this magnitude deserves.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

In reference to the recent SPFreaks posting about this release see below: I am the person who won that auction 5-6 years ago. I knew it was rare and I assumed other collectors here already had it as I won it at a good price. My records show I spent NZ$120.00 including shipping, from memory I think I won it for about US$85. Just thought I would identify my-self and take some pride in one of the rarer CDS in my collection’.

:D
      [/quote:2zizflxb]

congrats. it’s retardedly rare. i remember it sold for $54. so even lower than you remember, but my memory is probably not as good as your records. :)

Arthur
      Spectator

Thanks for stepping out of the shadow. Back then I wanted to bid on it, but I was too late. This time I made a gentleman’s agreement with the buyer not to bid, who informed me about his/her intentions.

Back then it went for 60 something Euro, I remember that quite clearly. That’s a bargain. Congrats Jesus loves his crazies!

What did the recent copy sell for, I cannot recall.

What did the recent copy sell for, I cannot recall.[/quote:1ot33g12]
      €176.

Arthur
      Spectator

€176.[/quote:176pj1vw]
      Not really a bargain, but not bad either, in my opinion.

I’m hoping to find it someday on a record fair for a good price. And I have several French music stores looking out for it, but I never hear back from them. It’s certainly very rare.

Viewing 5 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.