Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

manillascissor
      Keymaster

We already had a thread about this, but I can’t find it.

Anyway, I was going through my collection last night and found my NL MCIS (Printed in Holland on back insert) copy, which has a sticker that says Made in England (back of jewel case), and the CDs say Made in France.

This is the only release that I’ve ever seen that references three different countries.

Which copy do I own?????????????

blueczarina
      Spectator

Which copy do I own?????????????[/quote:3sm13mon]

a very schizophrenic one :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

Europe at it’s integrated best… :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

:lol:

Thom
      Spectator

My possible explanations:
      1) someone cobbled it together from 3 separate releases
      2) the case broke and someone put a set that was already fr/nl into a random case they had lying around that was made in the UK
      or 3) the pieces were made separately wherever it was cheapest, France for the discs, Holland for the inserts then it was assembled in the UK hence the made in the UK sticker.

Couldn’t tell you which though…

Must be number 3: I also have a copy with cds that say \"made in France\", but artwork that says \"printed in Holland\". I guess this is how they all look like.

I think those small stickers that say \"made in England\" (or the similar small ones that say \"promo\") are ignorable. But that’s just me.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Must be number 3: I also have a copy with cds that say "made in France", but artwork that says "printed in Holland". I guess this is how they all look like.

I think those small stickers that say "made in England" (or the similar small ones that say "promo") are ignorable. But that’s just me.[/quote:1aq2yxdo]

I’m not so sure. My MCIS LP says Made in Great Britain or something. Some stickers are chit, others aren’t.

Like the BR promo Siamese Dream vinyl has a promo sticker in Portuguese? It’s the only thing that differentiates it from the normal release.

It’s just that if two releases are identical, except for that one small sticker, I’m personally not really interested in it. You can collect all you want of course. ;) That is all.

My main point was that all French MCIS cds most likely come with artwork that says \"printed in Holland\". (See also the entry on spfreaks: http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?pa … &item=1966)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

It’s just that if two releases are identical, except for that one small sticker, I’m personally not really interested in it. You can collect all you want of course. ;) That is all.

My main point was that all French MCIS cds most likely come with artwork that says "printed in Holland". (See also the entry on spfreaks: http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?pa … &item=1966)[/quote:1t9j1aqq]

I agree Bram, for the most part. I don’t pay attention to the stickers. That’s why I don’t collect any Israel releases, cause it’s just a sticker.

But then there are stickers made by the record company (see Indie top 20 vol. 16?). Which, I don’t know.

I guess I’m saying for the most part, they are meaningless, but I used discretion anyway.

Arthur
      Spectator

I don’t pay attention to the stickers. That’s why I don’t collect any Israel releases, cause it’s just a sticker.[/quote:l8d6qifv]
      What is exactly the difference between these 2 (both from my personal collection)? I like them very much to be honest, as they are both genuine and rare as f&*^$@#ck… It are the only I Am One cd promos I know… From Israel and from the UK.

Both stickered.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

For the Israeli ones, I just see it as some guy in Israel slapping some sticker on there. How would you know the difference?

But the UK one, that’s different, because it’s just like any other stickers I’ve ever seen issued by Hut, so it’s probably genuine.

There is no hard/fast rule about this. I think it comes down to the collector. I wouldn’t want either of those I Am One promos, for example.

Viewing 10 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.