Viewing 38 reply threads
  • Author

bullettwoutbutterflywings
      Spectator

i found it on youtube so here is the link to the first part, the links to the others are on the side. i haven’t watched it yet, came here first to post it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4DsmPtjyfE

i will comment on it as soon as i have watched it all.

i watched that on tv last week. :)

lucky, i didn’t get to see it on tv, how did you like it?

Arthur
      Spectator

It’s a great inside documentary if you ask me. I have the DVD here, as a file on my pc. Great shots, pretty cool interaction between these 2 guitar heroes, and tons of little snippets and one-liners and info that is quite interesting. Must have for fans, is my advice.

i loved it, i think they should have a weekly tv show where billy and uli john roth go places, and they just film them. i would pay to watch that.

and uli john roth is so cute. i just want to give him a hug.

i really enjoyed watching that. i wonder if there will be a dvd of it for sale?

i loved the part where they are at the resturant, and they are asking the waitress what stuff is, and then billy asks, and she says she doesn’t know. and uli won’t eat the cute lobster. love it. i don’t eat lobster, but that is because i don’t really like how they taste. i like calamari though, but squids aren’t cute.

i liked the jam parts. and when uli was talking about seeing jimi hendrix, that must have been so awesome.

over all i loved it.

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

That’s so weird, I found this online roughly the same time as you! :P
      Can anyone translate what Uli says in the first part? I think he is talking about the Pumpkins, but maybe he just mentions them while talking about something else?

Arthur
      Spectator

What part do you mean exactly? Roughly in which minute(s)?

I understand a little German, so I might be able to help on the translation a bit…

What part do you mean exactly? Roughly in which minute(s)?

he means around the same time.

and that is neat.

and yes what does he say, my friend natascha could translate probably, she is german, i havent herd from her in a few hours, so she might be asleep, she wasn’t feeling good today.

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

It’s in part 1, and starts at about 3:15 in the video.

Arthur
      Spectator

Basically Uli talks about having been listening to the latest CD of the Smashing Pumpkins (must be Zeitgeist obviously) and that it is very different from what he (Uli) is doing, but that he understands Billy.

There are a few words I don’t understand, but that’s because I don’t hear them very well… \"richtig ein tuler gelegt und das hat mir schon beanrufent\"???

oh, neat, i emailed my friend, but she hasn’t emailed back yet.

Arthur
      Spectator

oh, neat, i emailed my friend, but she hasn’t emailed back yet.[/quote:ytqsm4qu]

Tase her a little :wink:

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

Thanks for the translation Arthur, very much appreciated :)

she already told me i wasn’t allowed to. :(

so no go on that. :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

so no go on that. :wink:[/quote:1ud8knwq]
      Obviously she isn’t a good friend after all. She isn’t allowed to drive your car I presume?

so no go on that. :wink:[/quote:1al0ojs5]
      Obviously she isn’t a good friend after all. She isn’t allowed to drive your car I presume?[/quote:1al0ojs5]

well, if she visits and wants to, i might let her, but i don’t think she knows how to drive a stick shift. i am very protective of my car. i don’t let anyone eat in it, and if they look at it they have to be very quick, and no breathing on it either.

and no smoking in it. i will stop the car and let you out to smoke, that is what i do.

so can i tase you? :wink:

if you let me you can drive the car.

the saddest part is where billy says \"i don’t think it’s a time to be a hero\".

Arthur
      Spectator

so can i tase you? :wink:

if you let me you can drive the car.[/quote:9yth66pf]
      I’m into the car, but I never said I was into SM, did I? :roll:

hey now, i didn’t either.

but seriously, if you ever come over here i will let you drive the car. it is so much fun!!! it wants to go fast all by itself.

back on topic, yes cool as ice cream

i think that part was sad too. there were some very sad things that billy said, mostly about the audinces of today, the fans and whatnot. i like to hear the solos, and all the guitar playing. i wish more people did.

Arthur
      Spectator

I liked the part where Billy told us that the producer of Gish asked Billy to play all the parts of D’Arcy and James again…

And their cats names are Mr. Tom and Lionheart. Funny also.

yeah, i liked how billy told the story about the hummingbird.

Sickboy
      Spectator

because i’m a native german speaker i could translate something for you guys, if you like…

yes please, i would like to know more of what he said.

Arthur
      Spectator

because i’m a native german speaker i could translate something for you guys, if you like…[/quote:2m05w4r2]
      Yeah please! Thanks Sickboy! This part (probably badly written) I didn’t understand:

"richtig ein tuler gelegt und das hat mir schon beanrufent" (somewhere in the 3rd minute)

Sickboy
      Spectator

because i’m a native german speaker i could translate something for you guys, if you like…[/quote:okcwfdgu]
      Yeah please! Thanks Sickboy! This part (probably badly written) I didn’t understand:

"richtig ein tuler gelegt und das hat mir schon beanrufent" (somewhere in the 3rd minute)[/quote:okcwfdgu]
      could you be a little more exact? i watched from minute 2 to minute 4 and didn’t heard what you meant.

btw. anybody knows of a torrent for this as dvd?

Arthur
      Spectator

Here’s the torrent: http://zombtracker.the-zomb.com/details.php?id=23613

And that sentence is from 3:22 to 3:24 on my dvd, I’m not sure if it’s the same on YouTube.

Directly after this sentence Uli says \"Es war mir total fremd\" (when he tells about listening to Zeitgeist).

Sickboy
      Spectator

Here’s the torrent: http://zombtracker.the-zomb.com/details.php?id=23613

And that sentence is from 3:22 to 3:24 on my dvd, I’m not sure if it’s the same on YouTube.

Directly after this sentence Uli says "Es war mir total fremd" (when he tells about listening to Zeitgeist).[/quote:1xtrpvbq]
      "Last year he gave me the new (Pumpkins) CD. There I realized that he really put something on top. (I don’t really understand even in german what he’s trying to say with that). It was very impressive to me. It’s a copmpletly different style of music and was totally strange/foreign (I don’t really know how to translate "fremd" here). But in the end I comprehended/understood it."

that’ll be the part you meant. hope you’re able to understand it, it’s quite hard to find the correct english words…

thanks sickboy!

Sickboy
      Spectator

you’re welcome :)

and arthur: thanks for the link!

Arthur
      Spectator

No problem Sickboy! If you are both into SP and torrents, I advice you to stick around on that website. They recently uploaded Mashed Potatoes for example in lossless (SHN) quality on there.

And many thanks for that translation also Sickboy, now it makes even more sense what Uli said. Those 2 great artists obviously respect each other, though they are both a world apart. Billy in a constant inner struggle, and Uli almost zen-calm inside (see dinner conversation). :lol:

SNC
      Spectator

the saddest part is where billy says "i don’t think it’s a time to be a hero".[/quote:3nsp9kk9]

I agree. Just the tone of his voice and the look on his face; I found it to be a very powerful moment.

Over all, I loved the entire thing! It was great seeing him interact with Uli in the ways that he did. A very fun program.

shampoo
      Spectator

great video, I really enjoyed it. I loved hearing them talk in such a relaxed setting, billy and uli had some insightful things to say regarding music. there were some pretty funny moments during the museum visit, “this is me in 30 years, staring off into my loneliness”, uli talking about various pieces of art, and billy’s eyes seemed to light up when he started talking about his cats. he seems like he’s the type of person that could just go on and on talking about his cats…actually i think he did that quite a bit during the tfe era.

blueczarina
      Spectator

I don’t know how to work torrents. I downloaded it, but how do I access it after?

Sickboy
      Spectator

I don’t know how to work torrents. I downloaded it, but how do I access it after?[/quote:25qng34a]
      you need an additional program to download the file(s) "behind" that torrent file.

i would suggest this: http://www.utorrent.com/
      its small, you don’t have to install it, easy for beginners but also great fort advanced users….

blueczarina
      Spectator

Thanks Sickboy, I’ll check it out. :)

well, i hope everyone got to see it, cause it is gone now. copyrights and all of that, which i understand. i hope they release it on dvd, or play it over here in the us. i would buy the dvd.

i think the chances of this ever getting a dvd release are close to zero.

if you want this on dvd, find someone who recorded or downloaded it and work something out.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Captain Jack Sparrow played in the Scorpions? Wow!

yes cool as ice cream that is a good idea.

and uli john roth looks great as jack sparow.

Viewing 38 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.