Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

Sven
      Spectator

As some of us know, there are some releases of GH Internal use in plastic envelopes and jewel cases, but i speak for myself now.Ive always thought they looked the same, the plastic envelopes and jewel cases versions.
      Today i recived the version in jewel case, and the cds looks so different.Wonder why its been made like this?? Any thoughts?

Ive posted some pictures of the plastic envelope and jewel case i own, so you can judge it and maybe share youre opinion. :wink:

This is the plastic envelope version.

Arthur
      Spectator

There are (more than) several types of this Greatest Hits promo indeed, 2 CD and 1CD and Judas 0 only… the jewelcase version shown here is not on SPfreaks yet, but that is no surprise… It looks genuine to me anyway.

Anonymous
      Spectator

I’d imagine the plastic wallet types are moreso ‘outhouse’ than those in stronger cases that would be bounced around between people within a company.

It seems the ‘outies’ have far more info on the actual discs, too, whereas this wouldn’t be needed between people in the same company/building, etc.

Something interesting (?) to do is this on discs, you’ll be amazed what info can come up (Disc info):

http://www.cdspeed2000.com

:)

i think i saw that one on ebay.

i was convinced that this copy was actually supposed to come in a plastic sleeve (as shown here on spfreaks.com), but that someone moved it into a jewel case.
      just pay attention to the insert: it’s too big for the jewel case.

also, the general rule in that time was: uk promos come in plastic sleeves, us promos come in jewel cases. this is a uk promo. so…

and yeah, there are a lot of different cds. i’m not sure what the exact story is here.

I’d imagine the plastic wallet types are moreso ‘outhouse’ than those in stronger cases that would be bounced around between people within a company.[/quote:1v25ijlc]
      note that the promo on spfreaks.com that comes in a plastic sleeve is also marked for "internal use only".

amnesia
      Spectator

also, the general rule in that time was: uk promos come in plastic sleeves, us promos come in jewel cases. this is a uk promo. so….[/quote:u6qtb1m9]

I see.That might explain the difference of the cds look.Very interesting.

no, that’s not what i mean. this is clearly a uk promo (see insert). what i’m saying is that it’s a bit weird, or wrong even, that it comes in a jewel case.

Arthur
      Spectator

no, that’s not what i mean. this is clearly a uk promo (see insert). what i’m saying is that it’s a bit weird, or wrong even, that it comes in a jewel case.[/quote:1hxdvubp]
      Exactly. Also your point "just pay attention to the insert: it’s too big for the jewel case." is not to be missed here. The cd might be genuine, but the jewelcase isn’t. At least it leaves tons of room for doubts…

amnesia
      Spectator

no, that’s not what i mean. this is clearly a uk promo (see insert). what i’m saying is that it’s a bit weird, or wrong even, that it comes in a jewel case.[/quote:kmrgpga8]

Yep, silly me :roll:
      Inserts does say UK, however this is not the first set we have seen, remember the French seller who sold those insanly cds/tapes/vinyl a while back on eBay.He also sold a set of GH "Internal use" they also came in jewel cases, but there was no pictures of the cds itself.
      I just think this is one of those many odd Smashing Pumpkins promos that is out there

but maybe that was a US promo?

amnesia
      Spectator

but maybe that was a US promo?[/quote:3a68qs4y]

Maybe.
      I think ill write a mail to that French guy and ask, maybe he could tell what country the set is from.

Sven
      Spectator

i would not pay too much attention to case or plastic sleeve…

just imagine a disc is cut and sent out…
      then somewhere in the US Virgin burns like 25 copies for across the world.
      Virgin offices there burn their own in-house copies.
      someone gets a plastic sleeved one, rips the sleeve, puts it in a case… tadah…

plus: hence different discs…

Viewing 11 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.