Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

blueczarina
      Spectator

I’ve been researching into this CD for a while and I’m unsure how it was released. They’re all the studio tracks…

Maybe supplied with a magazine or something? :)

blueczarina
      Spectator

I saw that on ebay and searched around a bit myself to try and figure out what it was. I got nowhere though. I didn’t know there was a MTV CD like that. Maybe it was a magazine thing or something. :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

Ohhh, maybe a magazine or something? :wink:

I’ve dug around and not found anything really. :? The closest I came was on MTV’s website, then lost track after being swayed by pretty pictures. :D

mr.benway
      Spectator

(i think) this is a bootleg, no proper matrix-code, unknown label, record company:

The Smashing Pumpkins (Music World Series)
      catalog-no.: MW 062-2
      matrix-no.: MW 062-2

back in 2002/2003 there was an russian website with lots of live- and best-of-cds. there were more
      cds from other bands in this \"music world series\".

here are more cds, from east-europe / russia, all available on this website:

All Stars Presents Smashing Pumpkins
      The Smashing Pumpkins – Music History
      The Smashing Pumpkins – Alternative Collection

Anonymous
      Spectator

Nice one, thanks mr.benway. My version’s a silver-bottomed disc, sorry I can’t scan anything to show you guys ‘n girls more.

\"The Smashing Pumpkins – Alternative Collection\" isn’t a silver-bottomed release, no idea on the other ones…

mr.benway
      Spectator

"The Smashing Pumpkins – Alternative Collection" isn’t a silver-bottomed release, no idea on the other ones…[/quote:27gswqfy]

all these cds are silver-bottomed / factory-pressed, also the "alternative collection" (at least my one).

Mr.Benway

i was also thinking bootleg.

the DDD doesn’t make any sense. (maybe they’re trying to indicate that they downloaded some mp3s off the internet and used them to make this cd?)

Anonymous
      Spectator

The world has ended, I stand corrected. :wink: That’ll teach me for taking someone’s word on one…

Yeah, it doesn’t make much sense. The MTV logo threw me off a lot. It’d be interesting to know how they choose particular tracks for these ‘oddies.’

It seems that the codes usually lead to something on a ‘Net search, this one’s always left me with zilch.

blueczarina
      Spectator

Interesting. A Russian bootleg then. I wonder why they put MTV on the back though- it does throw you off. I guess to make it look legit. :wink:

As for how they choose the tracks, I think they have a lot of wierd bootleg song sets in Russia for the SP. I have seen quite and few, as I download a lot of music off of Russian and Ukranian mp3 sites. It probably does come from mp3s or something. It wouldn’t suprise me. They sell downloads for some interesting stuff on these sites. There is even a Ukranian site that sells all of the demos. I pretty sure they probably just come off of RSPAA and bootleg CDS too.

Viewing 8 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.