Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

some pumpkins
      Keymaster

Right now, I have a huge tupperwarish (plastic) bin that holds half my records, and milk crates for the rest.

My CDs are in shoeboxes, which makes them kinda hard to get to cause they are all stacked on top of each other.

I’m looking for some new storage ideas w/o having to spend a lot of money. Any ideas? Want to share how you store your belongings?

Pictures most welcome! (Plus, you can show off a bit) :)

buiopesto
      Spectator

how to upload pics?forgot it :oops:

Arthur
      Spectator

Shhht, don’t tell… my stuffs are stored elsewhere, in big removal boxes. :wink:

Normally I frame and hang all posters and awards, my vinyl collection is very small, and for my cds I have a big wooden trunk with 24 drawers, each containing several dozens Smashing Pumpkins cds. It’s not perfect, but for the moment it will do.

When we move to a bigger house someday, and we might have an extra room in there, my wife promised me we will have a music room for my Smashing Pumpkins collection. Sounds like heaven to me. 8)

some pumpkins
      Spectator

my vinyls are stored in the cardboard mailers they came in and are sitting in boxes right now. my cassettes are too. and my rarer cd’s. the rest of them are in my stacked cd holder on top of my dresser. and my posters are still rolled up and are in my closet. except for the mini poster from the anniversary tour. that one’s framed on the wall.

Anonymous
      Spectator

Anything non-disc or vinyl, I store in a standard clothes drawer: You can easily access everything, plus it lays them mostly flat, too… Good for hiding presents to people under what -seems- like a drawer full of trousers. :)

The vinyl lives in its bespoke metal case (along with video tapes and things), then the CD/DVDs ordered via tall shelves: It’s good being able to walk up to them and reach wherever.

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

All of my stuff is on show for my viewing pleasure in ‘The Pumpkin Room’!

:wink:

Sven
      Spectator

the official cds in a neat wooden rack on the wall…

the official vinyls in my vinyl wooden rack in my book case…

the valuable vinyls PLUS the demo tapes and other precious stuff, in a big vinyl carrying box…

my most precious souvenirs framed in my work-room…

my archive for the rest on book shelves in my work-room…

> the why of the vinyl carrying box?- in case of a fire: this is the one and foremost thing i will salvage :)

ow yeah: and there are like pretty much 800 cdrs spread around the work-room and archive, all in cases and all, featuring live-shows and demos and all; the ‘non-official’ collection, so to speak…
      plus: posters and such on the walls of my work-room and a HUGE Adore store sign from France i still hold dear and cherish, also: on the wall in my work-room…
      (Arthur’s seen it all i guess, haha!)

and last but not least: the one item etched into/upon my body which is my TSP-inspired, but NOT-TSP-tattoo per se!, that is… ! always with me, stored safely in my right forearm… :)

i don’t store my sp stuff any differently than my other music.

vinyls: ikea expedit – perfect size for 12\" vinyls

and my hundreds of bootlegs are stacked into a bookcase upstairs (ikea billy).

manillascissor
      Keymaster

some pumpkins
      Spectator

very nice manilla

Viewing 10 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.