Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

manillascissor
      Spectator

Hi again!
      I talked about this in another thread before but I didn’t really got to a conclusion about what this really is.
      So I’m making this topic to see if anyone (all) can help me figure out what I own.

I got a couple of 12\" with \"I am One\", hut sleeve and no print on the inner.
      The colour differs from one side and the other. One side is redish and one side is yellowish.
      Any Idea what it is?
      Looks like this but with the redish/yellowish side.
      http://www.spfreaks.com/Default.aspx?pa … &item=1399

Here are the photos/scans that I made

SidA
      [url:1badgr44]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250276522974&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123[/url:1badgr44]

Hope that we can figure this out.
      Thanks!!

Arthur
      Spectator

My guts feelings say it is a WLP (White Label Promo) anyway. Because it comes from the same pressing run obviously. But the cover is different indeed, with that info part you showed here. Is the whole cover different JamesIha?

JamesIha
      Spectator

Nope the cover is an ordinary Hutsleeve, the part I show is a photocopy added to it.
      Does testpressings have a different matrix?

When I first saw one of my records on e-bay there was no info on the redish side. Then someone asked if the oter side had a different colour, and the answer was yes, its redish.
      So somebody knew about two coloured labels…..

thanks for those scans.

some of the hut white label promos have the yellowish labels, some have the more pinkish labels. no big deal. we’ve seen those before.

i think this is simply a regular white label promo with two different labels. maybe because they refilled the label machine with another colour?

all in all nothing too special, in my opinion. a funny coincidence.

i’m not sure how labels are attached: record per record (side a, side b; side a, side b; …) or first all sides a, and then all sides b.
      if it’s record per record, this could be one of a kind.
      if they first do all a-sides and then all b-sides, it’s not unlikely that there are more of these mixed label promos around.

JamesIha
      Spectator

OK, thanks. I got two so I know there are more than one…. :-)

But what about the quantity on the WLP?

This is final mixes printed just for promotional ?

yeah, i think wlps are identical to the copies that are released. except for the labels and the sleeve, of course.

quantity: not sure. it’s always a bit of a guess. but i see them on ebay quite often (especially peel sessions and cherub rock), so some of them aren’t that rare at all. or at least, so it seems.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I have a few test pressings with different colored labels on either side as well. With Hut, they all seem to be some pastel version of red, green, blue, yellow, or plain white.

I’ve never thought of this as remotely relevant.

JamesIha
      Spectator

I have a few test pressings with different colored labels on either side as well. With Hut, they all seem to be some pastel version of red, green, blue, yellow, or plain white.

I’ve never thought of this as remotely relevant.[/quote:1263cztx]

OK, but you say test pressing??
      Do you mean like WLP?

I also wonder how the recent sold 10" I am one "test pressing" can be exactly numbered at 10?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I’ve never thought of this as remotely relevant.[/quote:2nn477cs]

OK, but you say test pressing??
      Do you mean like WLP?

I also wonder how the recent sold 10" I am one "test pressing" can be exactly numbered at 10?[/quote:2nn477cs]

This is an ongoing annoyance (test pressing or wlp?). In the case of most of the Siamese 12" singles, they were wlps, as they were released in promotional sleeves.

Test presses are usually lower in number, and not released in any sort of special sleeve, if any sleeve at all.

The plants that press these sometimes have receipts confirming the number of test presses. spfc.org has contacted many of these and even has copies of said receipts, confirming numbers for some test pressings. Others are mere guesses.

The I am One 10", maybe there is a receipt backing this up. Not sure.

Your I am One 12" "wlp" is interesting though, as it contains the reaction report. The reaction report is usually associated with test pressings. It’s a strange fine line, but I think yours may actually be a test pressing.

However, creating a reaction report and inserting it into the wlp is not a hard task to replicate.

Viewing 8 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.