Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

BleedingTheOrchid
      Spectator

Today I have been working on the recording sessions in 1989 of the Smashing Pumpkins for the SPfreaks Collection, and I came across a song that made me shiver all over my spines, and uhmmm… well… I had almost tears in my eyes, emo-me… but really, wow! It is I Am One Part II from the acoustic Reel Time Studios Sessions in the Fall of 1989. Really, you should listen to this! And please tell me what you think! I think it is worthwhile being released as a b-side at least!

It’s available here:

http://rspaa.niluje.net/data/Demos/Reel … 20Studios/ (go to \"RTS2 Fall 1989 (Acoustic Session)/\" then song RTS2 – 11).

At your smashing service,
      Arthur

oh wow that’s awesome!
      thanks for that!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Wow, you’re right!

How is rspaa able to have this up w/o copyright infringement and all that?

Wow, you’re right!

How is rspaa able to have this up w/o copyright infringement and all that?[/quote:3bujhkz2]

*shrugs* who knows, who cares, just hope that the pumpkins legal militia doesnt catch on :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

Wow, you’re right! How is rspaa able to have this up w/o copyright infringement and all that?[/quote:28pleel2]
      The Reel Time Sessions DAT tapes made in 1989 were given by Billy to somebody else if I’m right (I do have that info somewhere, but just being too lazy to search for it, and I’m busy doing some uploading of all the different TAFH boxes, as I got them scans today :lol: ). I’m also not sure if he "ordered" them to leak, but they did anyway. There’s not so much copyright infringement done when the actual track is never released officially. That’s why RSPAA was never taken down, they don’t have officially released tracks.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Very interesting. Indeed, Superlord!!

I never took took the time to peruse this site before, but these tracks are awesome! There is something pretty magical about Billy/James when they first started. The songs are acoustic and beautiful. Speaking of which, where is Jimmy/D’Arcy for the Reel Time Sessions? They were around by then, correct?

Speaking of which, where is Jimmy/D’Arcy for the Reel Time Sessions? They were around by then, correct?[/quote:3v6v79tz]
      if you’re talking about the acoustic session: d’arcy was there, but jimmy wasn’t. jimmy’s absence was the main reason to record some acoustic songs. the plan was to record some songs with jimmy, but he didn’t show up, so they decided to try to record some songs anyway, because they already paid for the studio.
      ([url:3v6v79tz]http://www.spfc.org/band/studio.html?session_id=6[/url:3v6v79tz])

i find it hard to believe some of you had never heard these songs before you read this thread. my face right now: :shock:

Arthur
      Spectator

i find it hard to believe some of you had never heard these songs before you read this thread. my face right now: :shock:[/quote:1vaj8uji]
      Don’t be too hard on them Cool As Ice Cream. Now that we are having this board since a few weeks, and slowly building our own community here, we recognize there are a few different types of fans/collectors of Smashing Pumpkins. The oldtimers with lots of knowledge that are around for a few years is 1 group, but there are also the younger fans of 15, 16 years old. They are discovering the older cd’s, RSPAA and other things as we speak. I believe Superlordspamulon and Tree_Spirit are amongst them (spank me when I’m wrong guys!), and we should give them a fair (and more then a fair) chance to pick up, discover and learn. And they do, I’m sure. And I’m more than willing to go that road with them.

For example, there’s this Canadian guy Gianluca I have on msn since a few weeks, he is 16 years old if I’m right, he works with a Windows 98 pc, is not able to download things sometimes, working hard to get his own laptop, don’t want to talk on boards and so on, but 1 day I tell him something, the next day he knows more than me, because he’s a researcher pur sang. I have sometimes contact with a Chinese girl from Luxembourg, only on MySpace. She has almost no money to go to concerts, she has to work hard in the restaurant of her parents but she is 1 of the biggest SP fans I know. Another example, a guy (from the US) is only emailing me almost every week on my private email account with questions and stories. And I consider them also part of the SP community, though nobody knows about them, unless they start posting somewhere and make themselves known.

Talking about myself, I have been a cd collector only for many years, also have never been on a board since lately, so I learn almost every day also. I was never into that demo stuffs, being an official releases collector. Still I consider myself a hardcore fan & collector, that is around for a few years. Same like you I guess. But to cut a long story short, we are all 1 community, young and old, where and whether we post or not, whatever we know and don’t know. I consider all of them being my friend, and together we make SPfreaks, ThePumpkins.net, SPLRA, Siva, even Netphoria, and many other unique Smashing Pumpkins platforms. As webmasters, as builders, as posters, as teachers, as students. We all are driven by 1 force, our love for the music and people of the Smashing Pumpkins.

Rock on everybody! :wink:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Speaking of which, where is Jimmy/D’Arcy for the Reel Time Sessions? They were around by then, correct?[/quote:2kkr38jq]
      if you’re talking about the acoustic session: d’arcy was there, but jimmy wasn’t. jimmy’s absence was the main reason to record some acoustic songs. the plan was to record some songs with jimmy, but he didn’t show up, so they decided to try to record some songs anyway, because they already paid for the studio.
      ([url:2kkr38jq]http://www.spfc.org/band/studio.html?session_id=6[/url:2kkr38jq])

i find it hard to believe some of you had never heard these songs before you read this thread. my face right now: :shock:[/quote:2kkr38jq]

Thanks for the info!! I think it’s funny, I’ve been a fan for SOOOOOO long, yet, I keep discovering tracks I’ve not heard before. It’s awesome, and those acoustic ones are great.

Speaking of which, everyone know about the Spun ‘Soundtrack’ being leaked, correct?

We all are driven by 1 force, our love for the music and people of the Smashing Pumpkins. Rock on everybody! :wink:[/quote:65jnylgg]
      well spoken old hippyrocker! next time don’t be to longwinded :lol:

Speaking of which, everyone know about the Spun ‘Soundtrack’ being leaked, correct?[/quote:495x616e]
      no? what is it exactly?

Viewing 10 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.