Viewing 28 reply threads
  • Author

Cool As Ice Cream
      Spectator

– Just the tip of the Iceberg –

The time’s come to let loose some philosophical thoughts and feelings, I’d like to hear other people’s versions, too. :)

\"I own the band.\" What’s the crack with this attitude in the SP community online? :?

I’ve recently spent time trying to do things that I didn’t have chance to before: Trawling forums and the like to see how it all fits together… :idea:

Some of the things I’ve noticed are The Big Boys, who huddle into a small group and ‘whatever they say, goes.’

The ‘just popping in to say hi yet never contribute anything’ guys and girls are a curious bunch. Why not post more often? They must be really important.

One of my favourites: The Hoarders. Download anything and everything online and then post elsewhere to ‘claim the glory’ of finding it. I give what little I can as that’s what makes the world turn, why do people sit proudly on items and refuse to share them out? Wow, guess what I have! Wow, cool for you.

Back to the band owning: What’s with this bizarre, \"Oh and Billy thinks this\" and \"Billy thinks that\" stance? I’d have thought that we’re all just Fans/Followers of the band? Maybe we should ask Veronica, if she’s feeling telepathic today.

I’d go on and on and on, yet this isn’t a rant, moreso an observation that’s pieced together over spare time I should probably have used differently. Cough.

Maybe I should have headed this as: \"I am The Smashing Pumpkins.\"

James Iha on success: \"It’s just music.\" Dazey on this post: \"It’s just a thought.\"

Discuss… Or not…

Phew, I’d best lie down for a while, this took energy. :D

blueczarina
      Spectator

won’t disagree there Dazey. :wink:

yep, those are some really good points dazey, and you don’t get any argument out of me. i agree totally.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

As for lurkers and whatnot, some people lead very busy lives and don’t want to post or don’t have the time to. They took the time to register, but typically just are reading the news or checking the latest gossip. Not everyone has something to contribute, so people are actually smart enough to recognize that.

As good ole Abe said, \"Better to let people think you’re a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt\" (or something close to that)

I’m not into downloading music at all, so I can’t explain the hoarding. Shit, I uploaded my Delabel promo the day I got it. (Second disc coming soon!!!!)

As far as owning the band, there are people who pretty much think what they say is the gospel. These people are retarded. There is not much to gain wasting your time trying to figure out why they are this way. I like to just ignore them. Or, call them on their bluffs every now and then.

Just gotta weed out the morons, Dazey. :)

Billy thinks you’re being moronic, Dazey.

Just so you know.

:P

blueczarina
      Spectator

Just gotta weed out the morons, Dazey. :)[/quote:19a7rrwj]

or switch forums. :wink: find a better place.

blueczarina
      Spectator

Just gotta weed out the morons, Dazey. :)[/quote:t5npwqf7]

or switch forums. :wink: find a better place.

Arthur
      Spectator

or switch forums. :wink: find a better place.[/quote:3m809gxs]
      You made your point. Twice. People might follow that advice, you know… :roll:

blueczarina
      Spectator

OMG, i didn’t even see that. :lol:

my computer is slow so sometimes i double click submit to get it to go and i double post accidently. i better watch that. :wink:

it was doing that to me earlier, being slow so i just opened the page again. no double posting for me.

Anonymous
      Spectator

I only use Zomb Torrents’ forum and here, for the record, as a disclaimer. :wink:

Not ‘pulling teeth’ or ‘probing nerves,’ in case anything seems a bit, \"Woah!\"

\\m/

Good stuff on the Delabel, m, I was impressed with Part I and Promos are one of my all-time favourites. :)

It’s Billy who asked me to post this, Super. :D Allegedly.

blueczarina
      Spectator

so Billy asked you too. :lol:

don’t worry its all good here. :)

Arthur
      Spectator

As for lurkers and whatnot, some people lead very busy lives and don’t want to post or don’t have the time to. They took the time to register, but typically just are reading the news or checking the latest gossip. Not everyone has something to contribute, so people are actually smart enough to recognize that.

As good ole Abe said, "Better to let people think you’re a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt" (or something close to that)

I’m not into downloading music at all, so I can’t explain the hoarding. Shit, I uploaded my Delabel promo the day I got it. (Second disc coming soon!!!!)

As far as owning the band, there are people who pretty much think what they say is the gospel. These people are retarded. There is not much to gain wasting your time trying to figure out why they are this way. I like to just ignore them. Or, call them on their bluffs every now and then.

Just gotta weed out the morons, Dazey. :)[/quote:aioqfypw]
      With ya, you speak my mouth it seems. 8)

Anonymous
      Spectator

I hope he doesn’t eat your Soup, too. :wink:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I hope he doesn’t eat your Soup, too. :wink:[/quote:38gw33m1]

Cream of…???? Oh god no.

blueczarina
      Spectator

good one Dazey :lol:

i wasn’t gonna post cause all i was gonna say was that is hillarous. but that is hilarous dazey.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

With ya, you speak my mouth it seems. 8)[/quote:3a2rx94a]

Great minds think alike.

Anonymous
      Spectator

I’ve heard so much about Arthur’s great Soups, that maybe the site should be named SPsoups.

sorry i have to revise what i said.

dazey you don’t suck ass. and that comment was so unsuck ass.

blueczarina
      Spectator

LOL- i don’t know. he was talking about a chicken and cheese soup once that sounded kind of gross. :wink: :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

I’ve heard so much about Arthur’s great Soups, that maybe the site should be named SPsoups.[/quote:1zs0x758]
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUpidCc7wwY[/youtube]

blueczarina
      Spectator

nice, that pic is funny with the old guys in little cars. :lol:

Anonymous
      Spectator

I’ve heard so much about Arthur’s great Soups, that maybe the site should be named SPsoups.[/quote:371ui3fu]
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUpidCc7wwY[/youtube][/quote:371ui3fu]

:lol: I can’t help but look at the Oompa Loompa in Car No. 2!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

shouldn’t that go in the horrible videos thread????

lol

blueczarina
      Spectator

hehe, i love Oompa Loompas :lol:

Anonymous
      Spectator

You’re fully welcome to each and every one of them, Blue, the thought of their shoes flapping around stops me sleeping.

blueczarina
      Spectator

You’re fully welcome to each and every one of them, Blue, the thought of their shoes flapping around stops me sleeping.[/quote:2m81w0q4]

:lol:

just think they look funny because they are all fat and bumble about in the movie.

Back to the band owning: What’s with this bizarre, "Oh and Billy thinks this" and "Billy thinks that" stance?[/quote:2slpbfye]
      this also bugs me. it really makes me wonder how some people look at the band.

i’m not really interested in what they think though. i focus on the music. if they want more fan participation on their new website (or whatever it is they’re trying to do), then that will be without me. i’m sure that won’t be a problem.

Viewing 28 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.