Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author

manillascissor
      Keymaster

just had this idea, and i hope all the freaks are on board. it’s a simple question:

what does it mean to you, to be an SPfreak?

that’s it. no coercion.

but i’d like to piece together people filming their honest opinions on the matter. really, deep down feelings and trying to understand and say out loud…why do you collect this band? i think it’d be a super interesting tiny little film.

if you have any interest, please post here or PM me. video is required, but you can be sneaky and film your memorabilia instead of yourself while you are talking.

and if you cry, that is going on the film!!!

i hope you take me seriously and help to make this happen. i’ll give it all i have on this end. i think it will be beautiful. please let us know what drives your inner FREAK.

thanks, again, for all you do,

manillascissor (aka Derek)

Arthur
      Spectator

Awesome, I’m in. :)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Awesome, I’m in. :)[/quote:172jcpqh]

me and you. i’ll take it! what else has there always ever been anyway? ;)

Arthur
      Spectator

Exactly. And how does us proceed then?

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

I would really like to do this.

I have no means to record this other than an iphone,which I assume would be pretty shitty.

Does anyone have any suggestions which wouldn’t cost a fortune to do?

Top notch idea,Derek,by the way! :D

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I would really like to do this.

I have no means to record this other than an iphone,which I assume would be pretty shitty.

Does anyone have any suggestions which wouldn’t cost a fortune to do?

Top notch idea,Derek,by the way! :D[/quote:1cyaq7wb]

i was going to do it with my camera phone too. i guess that would be sorta shitty quality. i have a friend who has a nice handheld camera i use to record live shows and it works really well. maybe borrow a friend’s camera?

geofolkers
      Spectator

I’m in. Maybe with our collections behind us? :)

alladnzane
      Spectator

:::: WILL TRY TO BE IN ::::

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i did want to clarify:

if you don’t have a huge collection, it doesn’t matter. anyone who visits this board should consider themselves a freak, just for finding this place!

just want to encourage anyone who wants to go into how they are freaky about the pumpkins to participate.

:)

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

Any deadlines?

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

I’ll probably need subtitles because I’m Scottish. :D

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Any deadlines?[/quote:cltlrnr3]

no deadlines. super thick accents welcomed. :)

cool idea. i support it.

i will not participate, however. and for that, i’m sorry. i don’t think i am able to come up with an answer. i just can’t do it.

marigold
      Spectator

cool idea. i support it.

i will not participate, however. and for that, i’m sorry. i don’t think i am able to come up with an answer. i just can’t do it.[/quote:1xnrdbpg]

I’m the same, sorry. Great idea, but I just feel awkward doing things like that – I would feel more comfortable expressing it in writing, not video.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

all good to those who support but won’t participate. even participating myself is a big deal, for me, but i’m willing to do it.

anyway, this is going to take a bit of time to come to fruition. i’ve secured a producer who will film some hardcore fans at the upcoming 8/30/2014 concert. there will be plenty of time to record at zuzu’s and that is what will happen.

please let me know, however, if you’d like to contribute. i don’t, personally, even know what i would say. i suppose that is the beauty of getting in front of a camera and to just start talking.

anyway, that’s the latest. lots of superfans in front of the camera @ zuzus. i can’t do this, and many of you cannot either, but i think differing backgrounds and stories add spice to the project.

please submit if you are interested.

– captain nothing

Viewing 14 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.