Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author

confuciousconfusing
      Spectator

ok, i thought we might need a new thread, and i just recived my copy of in conversation 1 today,and i listened to it.

has anyone else listened to it, and if you have what do you think.

i have my own ideas, :wink:
      but i would like to know what others thought of it also.

one thing i noticed was that the lady doing the interview seemed to want to talk about herself alot.

and, how diffrent do you think billy is now, compared to when he did that interview

i don’t have in conversations 2 yet, but i am planning on getting it soon, so if anyone might have it or maybe a link to a transcript of it?????

manillascissor
      Keymaster

crap

i don’t have the CD in front of me. all i can say is that i love hearing the band in interviews. mostly billy.

yeah, listen to it again and then let me know what you think of it, i thought it was really interesting, cause it was right before they started sd. really insightfull.

Arthur
      Spectator

I don’t know these interviews, but talking about interviews anyway, this piece I found on Billboard.com, inside an interview about the Virgin thingy. Billy was questioned on the phone while in Australia about a month ago.

\"That won’t stop the band from offering unreleased music to fans before the year is out. Potentially in the pipeline are ultra-rare early Smashing Pumpkins shows, studio tracks that have never seen the light of day or alternate versions of songs from sessions that spawned classic albums like \"Siamese Dream\" and \"Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness.\"

The group, which is now a free agent after the expiration of its one-album deal with Warner Bros., is also conceptualizing the gradual release of new music in bundles, culminating in an eventual album project. \"We may start to release pieces as we go along, and the album comes out over two to three years,\" says Corgan, who labels this period as both \"fun\" and \"exciting.\"

After a summer break, look for the Pumpkins to return to the road in September for shows in New York, Los Angeles and its Chicago hometown.\"

hey, have you listened to the q and a after the secret berlin gig?

Arthur
      Spectator

hey, have you listened to the q and a after the secret berlin gig?[/quote:18gy9h5q]
      Yeah I did, funny also huh. Bullet, what is the date of this In Conversation 1 interview? You said it’s just before they started Siamese Dream, right? Early 1993, or late 1992 it should be then?

the cd case says 1995, but in the interview billy is talking about going into the studio to make the scond album, i think. oh man i only listned to it once on the cd, cause i didn’t want to get it all scratchy or anything. i have it burned onto my computer i will listen again today. but i am pretty sure that the interview was done right after they were done touring for gish, but i am not 100%, maybe it was right after sd, but again not sure, i will have to listen to it again.

Arthur
      Spectator

Cool bullet, let us know. I listened to it once also today, but I couldn’t figure it out properly also.

got it!!!!!

billy says near the end of the interview

\"Yep, we’re here to play our last gig of 1992.\"

and i found a site with the whole thing written down.

do you want the link?

or do you want me to copy and paste it to here?

Arthur
      Spectator

Link is fine! :lol:

now, this is a link to the starla site, but some of the links are broken, but if you go to the bottom of the page, you can find links for lots of other interviews typed out.

http://www.starla.org/articles/mellon.htm

blueczarina
      Spectator

the Russians are coming! :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

the Russians are coming! :lol:[/quote:31rio8r2]
      Maybe another day. :wink:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

ok, i thought we might need a new thread, and i just recived my copy of in conversation 1 today,and i listened to it.

has anyone else listened to it, and if you have what do you think.

i have my own ideas, :wink:
      but i would like to know what others thought of it also.

one thing i noticed was that the lady doing the interview seemed to want to talk about herself alot.

and, how diffrent do you think billy is now, compared to when he did that interview

i don’t have in conversations 2 yet, but i am planning on getting it soon, so if anyone might have it or maybe a link to a transcript of it?????[/quote:1vjgwae0]

I think it’s a duplicate of another interview boot. Boot of a boot, if you will. But as to which one, I forget.

blueczarina
      Spectator

the Russians are coming! :lol:[/quote:2bx8e6zq]
      Maybe another day. :wink:[/quote:2bx8e6zq]

well fine then :?

Anonymous
      Spectator

thanks bullet for posting the link.
      That was pretty insightful..
      I love Billy interviews

no prob it was from a while ago though.

Anonymous
      Spectator

i know it was old, but still awesome. And yes that interviewer was talking about herself a lot, maybe she was trying to get Billy’s attention for some after interview fun :wink:

Viewing 18 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.