Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Superlordspamulon
      Spectator

On the local pages of the (Belgian/Flemish) newspaper De Standaard, there was an interview with some chocolate making dude.

Here’s the original part from the article about the Pumpkins (in Dutch):

Ondertussen kloppen ook rocksterren als de Red Hot Chili Peppers bij jou aan.
      ‘Het zijn bijna altijd de organisatoren van die rockconcerten die me opbellen. Zij willen indruk maken op die artiesten en hen iets speciaals aanbieden. Ze weten ook dat ik opensta voor dat soort gekkigheid.’
      ‘Een paar maanden geleden kwam hier een vraag binnen van de tourmanager van de Smashing Pumpkins. Wel, voor hen heb ik een praline gemaakt met olie van pompoenpitten. Ze waren er helemaal gek van. En voor de Red Hot Chili Peppers heb ik chilipralines gemaakt.’[/quote:21yy4nog]
      A picture of the page in the newspaper: [url:21yy4nog]http://users.telenet.be/crush/images/ds2007-10-08.jpg[/url:21yy4nog]

And an attempt to translate it in English:

In the mean time, even rock stars like the Red Hot Chili Peppers contact you.
      ‘It’s almost always the organizers of those rock concerts that call me up. They want to impress those artists and offer them something special. And they know that I’m open for that kind of crazy stuff.’
      ‘A couple of months ago we received a question from the tour manager of the Smashing Pumpkins. Well, for them I made a praline made with pumpkin seed oil. They totally loved it. And for the Red Hot Chili Peppers I made chili pralines.'[/quote:21yy4nog]

There was another mention of the band today, but that article was about some pumpkins (used as decoration in a shopping street) actually getting smashed overnight. Not really about the band… And that joke is getting very old.

Arthur
      Spectator

Belgium is world famous for 2 things. Chocolates, and having Cool As Ice Cream as a citizen. Thanks, pretty sweet. 8)

breun
      Spectator

What about the beer?

Arthur
      Spectator

What about the beer?[/quote:2447sf3q]
      Belgium is world famous for 2 things. Chocolates, and having a

haha… that’s pretty cool. i love hearing these little stories of bands getting strange stuff :lol:

mmm… belgian chocolate *homer drool*

Viewing 4 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.