Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

marigold
      Keymaster

And it’s thankless. No offense to anyone here in particular, but I am going to start to refuse to participate in the forum anymore, aside from the updates that no one gives a shit about anyway. I’ll be behind the scenes, and if you don’t want me there, please just say so and I can be out of everyone’s hair overnight.

Back to work. Later guys/gals.

Arthur
      Spectator

Huh? wtf? :roll:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

roll your eyes all you want, i’m serious

marigold
      Spectator

Huh? wtf? :roll:[/quote:h4jym4gq]

I would translate that as: ‘Huh, your work IS appreciated, wtf are you thinking?’

also:

Awesome jobs you are doing, Derek. [/quote:h4jym4gq]

and I’m sure a lot of other people appreciate it too!

I’m impressed you find the time to do all the uploading/checking for accuracies, etc, to be honest.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

yeah, well it mostly goes unnoticed. so, see you around (never)

Arthur
      Spectator

Hmmm… This is a sudden moodswing from manillascissor I have never seen before… No idea if this is a silly joke or something… :cry:

Joking back: are you pregnant, mister?

Seriously: of course your work is being appreciated, no doubt. C’mon! But if I had been given compliments every time for the hundreds and hundreds of hours I spend on this website since 2003… It probably should have been put on a page twice the current forum size. Reality is: hard work, mostly taken for granted, the appreciation is rarely said in words. And when it is said, it really means something. That’s how I see it. So I’m hoping you could come back anytime soon, my friend. :)

mirrorboxer
      Spectator

I’ll chime in and say thanks. This is my favorite place on the web. It allows me to be the nerd I always wanted to be and it fits right with my busy real world life. If it weren’t for all of the hard work and meticulious details, I might as well consider myself lost as a SP collector. so…..A sincere THANK YOU!

:cry:

marigold
      Spectator

I’ll chime in and say thanks. This is my favorite place on the web. It allows me to be the freak I always wanted to be and it fits right with my busy real world life. If it weren’t for all of the hard work and meticulious details, I might as well consider myself lost as a SP collector. so…..A sincere THANK YOU![/quote:36mhquad]

fixed :P

and so true. And also Derek – I appreciate when I ask you ‘IS THIS RARE?’ And of course it never is that rare, lol. I also think Kerry and Billy would be quite appreciative of all the historical documenting of these items that you, Arthur, and others are doing! And I know that it is mainly you at the moment.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I cannot claim much of anything with this site. I didn’t start it. That’s Arthur, Sven, Jeroen, Thom, and Detlef. I came around in 2007, after the initial launch. The Most thanks should always go to Redwolf, imo. I understand now where I fit in, and the forum has just been a massive let down for me personally. I tried starting a philosophical forum, it’s dead. I post updates to the collection thread to no response (minus Arthurs comment). I lost a very good friend here as well. I pose questions to the forum that get no responses. I’ll just say it’s me, not you. I will stick around and update still if Arthur allows, but I think that’s it. I fear I’ve already said too much. Good luck to all the nice collectors out there. We have a total of 3 mods now, so Deb can take over that role. If you had kind words to say I sincerely thank you. If you had nothing to say, well, that would seem apropos.

i’ll miss you on the forum.

i hope you’ll be back one day. in the mean time, take care.

marigold
      Spectator

I cannot claim much of anything with this site. I didn’t start it. That’s Arthur, Sven, Jeroen, Thom, and Detlef. I came around in 2007, after the initial launch. The Most thanks should always go to Redwolf, imo. I understand now where I fit in, and the forum has just been a massive let down for me personally. I tried starting a philosophical forum, it’s dead. I post updates to the collection thread to no response (minus Arthurs comment). I lost a very good friend here as well. I pose questions to the forum that get no responses. I’ll just say it’s me, not you. I will stick around and update still if Arthur allows, but I think that’s it. I fear I’ve already said too much. Good luck to all the nice collectors out there. We have a total of 3 mods now, so Deb can take over that role. [/quote:3p8lpa91]

I don’t think I can actually.

I don’t think anyone can expect much from a forum that caters mainly to a small group of collectors, and an even smaller group of them who contribute to the general discussions. And the forum isn’t that widely known, only a few of my SPfan friends have heard of it because I linked them to it. And there are a few fans that know about it and are collectors but aren’t big on archiving online. Like the guy I met on a bus a few weeks ago!

but yeah, not much response in the philosophical thread – no one care :(

:?

amnesia
      Spectator

I always appreciated your help and the things you have done for the freak community, so im sad to see you go. :(

SO GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE DEREK!! YOU DONT WANT TO FUCK WITH ME WHEN IM SAD :evil:

:wink:

marigold
      Spectator

lol – you can get mad but I don’t think it will help, he’s outta here, but helping out on the periphery so to speak. 8)

DID YOU LIKE THAT WORD DEREK?? :P

Viewing 13 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.