Viewing 28 reply threads
  • Author

confuciousconfusing
      Spectator

My fake girlfriend left me because I did not pretend to love her.

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

My fake best friend committed suicide because I did not pretend to take away the gun.

My favourite fake tv shows however, are still on. I do like them, being the great pretender I am.

sometimes i don’t know what’s real and what’s fake

Anonymous
      Spectator

everything is fake
      as always :?

amnesia
      Spectator

everything is fake
      as always :?[/quote:nfyecmos]

I dont know, what about true love, and true freindship, is that fake ?
      Love and freindship can be fake, but true love and true freindship, i dont think so.

Is the world fake ? are we all fake ? Define fake.

Anonymous
      Spectator

everything is fake
      as always :?[/quote:2rdgvby2]

I dont know, what about true love, and true freindship, is that fake ?
      Love and freindship can be fake, but true love and true freindship, i dont think so.

Is the word fake ? are we all fake ? Define fake.[/quote:2rdgvby2]
      yes Mayo the world is made out of plastic and we are just puppets :P

True love and friendship I would hope is not fake…however in this world ya never know what or maybe who is real and what isn’t ;)

Arthur
      Spectator

I forgot to mention that these random thoughts were inspired by Mitchell Lee Hedberg, an American stand up comedian (1968 – 2005). The quote about the fake plants is from him, the rest I made up myself.

Fake. Forgery. Counterfeit. Decoy. Imitation. Artificial. Fantasy. Dummy. Hoax. Replica. Fiction. False.

The best example I can think of at the moment is… American Wrestling.

Anonymous
      Spectator

hahahaha ;)
      I’m scared :?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

this thread is like 1 step ahead of my cognitive abilities.

Anonymous
      Spectator

ooooh that’s too bad for you then Manilla :D

that’s what you get for sniffing glue.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I suppose. Ya’ll have fun w/ this thread now, ya hear?

ok.

i can always pretend: woohoo. woohoo.
      see?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

*inhale*

Anonymous
      Spectator

really
      I’m not sure if it’s just glue you people are sniffing :P
      bunch of dogs…. :lol:

Wow, Reggae is getting feisty. Something change in your life?

I think for the most part things are real. Some people are fake, which is a shame. Friendship is real, as is love. WTF is fake love? Doesn’t exist.

Anonymous
      Spectator

fake love? no one said anything about fake love?
      fiesty…i’m fiesty at times :wink: ,
      I prefer to be sweet like a bowl of rainbow sprinkles, but only special people get that treatment…

Fake. Forgery. Counterfeit. Decoy. Imitation. Artificial. Fantasy. Dummy. Hoax. Replica. Fiction. False.

[/quote:1gjl29j1]

you forgot faux

some pumpkins
      Spectator

r.i.p Mitchell Lee Hedberg

manilla don’t forget to exhale, you’ll pass out if you dont.

and imo most ppl are fake

and we have some nice faux alabaster sconces on display at the showroom

Anonymous
      Spectator

manilla needs to share his glue…
      is it real glue or paste?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

is it real glue or paste?[/quote:2vl4luck]

i’ve moved on. it’s paint now.

blueczarina
      Spectator

huffing paint are you? :P

peeewww! :P

Anonymous
      Spectator

is it real glue or paste?[/quote:1vve9p6o]

i’ve moved on. it’s paint now.[/quote:1vve9p6o]
      what color?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

gold. it’s the most bang for the buck(et)

Arthur
      Spectator

and imo most ppl are fake[/quote:2y2m7fd2]
      I agree. We have been "beaten", "sandpapered" and "polished" till we are what we are. And, we have learned to live with it, I mean, 99% of the people have, I guess. Hedberg hints to that ironic fact, in my opinion. But anyway, who can TRULY say he/she is 100% honest, doing and expressing what REALLY matters? That’s why they had to beat us and sandpaper us and polish us, otherwise we would still be cro magnon people. So, in a way, it’s probably a good thing to be a little fake.

But when is "fake" crossing the bording? When is "fake" unlivable? When you think of it, every love, and every friendship and every other relationship between people is fake as hell, but we never look at it like that. We think and pretend we are honest. In fact, we are not. Every love and every friendship, basically, is SELFISH. We need it badly, to feel better. We want to feel needed, as we lift our egos with it. We want to get compliments, for the same reason. We want to give only to the other person what can be given from our comfort zones. Is this bad? I don’t think so. It’s how it works for everybody. But don’t tell me it’s honesty, because I think it’s fake. And it hurts big times when people that claim to be friends or lovers, can not leave their comfort zones for the benefit of the love or the friendship.

When does it show in the small things, being fake? Fake smiles. Fake compliments. Fake orgasms. People doing things against their will, and other people pushing them to do it anyway. Ironic, isn’t it. :P

some pumpkins
      Spectator

i’de agree that it probably is a good to be a little fake. i would call it politeness. i use it all the time with clients. i may not like them for whatever reason (rude, demanding, pain in the ass questions, lack of listening skills), but im polite and respectful and answer all of their questions to the best of my ability, all the while being \"polite/fake\" and i get tons of compliments. i guess im prety good at being fake. although being polite doesn’t necessarily mean you’re being fake. this lady sitting on the train next to me yesterday, forgot her purse when she got up to leave. i noticed, and tapped her on the shoulder and handed he her purse. she was really grateful. i was being polite cuz i knew what a pain in the ass it would be to lose all that important stuff in your purse. that wasn’t fake.

that also obviously carries on into relationships. when your significant other asks your opinion, or gives their opinion, on this or that, and you dont want to be brutally honest, but still want to be somewhat honest, you have to be a little fake. you have to take the person’s feelings into consideration. no matter how fake your response may be.

fake becomes unlivable, in my opinion, when you aren’t willing to put up with it anymore. when you aren’t willing to put up with your significant other’s fakeness, or maybe its their non fakeness. i dont know. all i know is, with my previous relationship, i got tired of her bullshit. let’s call it her lack of perception of reality, of common sense. i dont know if it was the \"real\" here or the \"fake\" her. whatever it was, i just didn ‘t care anymore. i couldn’t

i should also mention, i know i’m not perfect, i can be a dick, i’m a moody pain it the ass. you’de have to be a little fake to be able to put up with me.

Anonymous
      Spectator

well said somepumpkins
      and I know all too well about that lack of reality from the spouse
      and I am honest and blunt at times and If I hurt someone’s feelings it wasn’t intentional
      they just take it that way. I don’t try to hurt anyone and I will explain myself if I have to in order for the person to understand where I am coming from. If they still feel hurt, well then there must be something deeper hey haven’t addressed, pending what you are saying to person at the time.
      I am in that same boat. My marriage is done…for those types of reasons and more, but summing it up I would just say it was fake love, not real love :?
      I can be a bitch and i can put on a fake happy face when necessary

some pumpkins
      Spectator

love can seem so real and so perfect and so absolute and neverending until one day maybe it hits you and you realize that this absolute certainty that’s been leading you through life, has sent you down a path or to a place that you didn’t want to be. maybe you saw it coming, but weren’t willing to be selfish enough for yourself, and had to be fake, making the compramise for someone else. what was once real love, becomes fake love.

been there. i’ve had to make that decision. i guess maybe we all might have at some point. and then deal with wondering if it was the right one. i’m not hating on all the people who are in love. and i know those \"compramises\" that you make for someone, are a part of what love is all about. but when you’re in that transition period when you are decending from the crazy in love mode, back down to reality, and you weigh those compramises and decide whether or not this is real love or fake love, that’s when the fake love shows itself. and i guess you just know when those compramises are worth it. i can definately determine when they are not. and i know you won’t know till you at least try.

i love to use commas.
      compramises wasn’t the best word to use. i was trying to think of a beter word.
      i had a point. it’s in there somewhere.

Anonymous
      Spectator

I like commas too :P (i have a band aid on my finger so typing this up is going to be a bit tricky)

Well I totally can 100% relate to this. The love I once shared with my spouse was not real love. It was love, but as time moved on i stayed to fight for something that was becoming more fake by the day. What once was is now over. Completely over. it’s a good thing. I can’t be in a relationship that tries to hold me and my children back from growing. I guess my life is now beginning?

Viewing 28 reply threads

The forum ‘Philosophical Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.