Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author

last_rose_of_summer
      Keymaster

So, we have a total of 44 songs coming our way, starting sooner than later. I’m excited, as I think everyone is, but as always, I’m delaying my joy for a bit.

I’m not sure that I’m really going to like this one song at a time crap. I know I know, how in the world can I bitch about something so generous, but still, one at a time? I can already imagine the pointless drivel that our messageboards will fill up with (not so much SPfreaks, but others), overanalyzing every piece of every song until I cannot stand to listen to it anymore.

I think I’ll wait until each EP comes out, and digest it that way, 4 songs at a time. Hopefully they go together. If not, I’ll just have to live with it.

How are you going to go about it? One song at a time?

yup! i will download them as soon as each song comes out i could not stand to wait till each ep came out. that would be like torture, reading everyones comments about a song and denying myself hearing it? nope i can’t do that! :P

Anonymous
      Spectator

I will be downloading and buying..
      Derek be happy, you could be waiting a whole year before you even received 12 songs….patience the music is coming ;)

blueczarina
      Spectator

i plan on downloading them all. as for other message boards running their mouths for 50 pages over every song, i don’t really read that stuff. i’m not so big on that crap anymore. i mainly just go here and occasionally thepumpkins.net, which just has a few people. both places are kind of minus that lets analyze everything to death and then kill it some more in a new thread crap. :wink:

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/pages/n … ne-article

I did a small interview via email with Paste magazine today. I thought the article itself was very positive, but unfortunately the information in it is somewhat misleading about the release schedule of ‘Teargarden by Kaleidyscope’.

I have no plans to release 44 songs by the spring of 2010. Because my intention is to only put out music of the highest caliber, I will be only be recording about 4 songs at a time and then releasing them one by one shortly after their completion. ‘Teargarden by Kaleidyscope’ will be a new kind of album, an album you can hear as its being made. That process will unfold over the next few years.[/quote:vuqtepca]

:(

manillascissor
      Keymaster

years? what the hell?

blueczarina
      Spectator

years? what the hell?[/quote:n78c7zto]

yeah, what the hell?

some pumpkins
      Spectator

they’re gonna do a world tour sometime while in the middle of recording too. hence the years comment. you all want a show right?

44 songs over 2 years. 22 songs a year. a new song every 1.8 months. that’s 6 weeks between each song release. over 2 years of time.

say they get released over the span of a year and a half, not 2 years. 44 songs over 18 months. 22 songs in 9 months. thats 2.5 weeks between releases.

the average is a song about every 5 weeks. assuming this doesn’t take more than 2 years.

or traditionally, you would wait one year from now to get an album of 12 songs or so. averaging about 1 song per month. which is about where we’re at right now.

he’ll be done near the end of 2011. just before the end of the world when 2012 starts. can’t complain.

there i go over analyzing.

blueczarina
      Spectator

but what if the world ends early :?: :? :P

manillascissor
      Keymaster

hahaha. :lol:

Anonymous
      Spectator

I text-messaged BC an idea last night, let’s hope he likes it:

The traditional release style he’s mentioned, plus songs in three parts; to satisfy those who like hyperactive MTV-style ‘quick turnaround.’

After all, he never hears a single whine from the always-satisfied Fanbase. *

Sowee, couldn’t resist. :P :D

We’ll have what we’re having, won’t what we won’t. :twisted:

blueczarina
      Spectator

i kind of like being impatient though, especially since i’m also whiney because those two things work great together.

Anonymous
      Spectator

Does it go together as well as hotdogs and rolls/buns?

blueczarina
      Spectator

better, it goes together as well as mac & cheese

22 songs a year. a new song every 1.8 months. that’s 6 weeks between each song release.[/quote:6a021chy]
      how many months are there in your year?
      and how many weeks in your month?

Tion
      Spectator

maybe beside the official release billy will release accoustic versions from a few songs.
      or alternative versions.
      im quite sure we will have more than 44 songs in the end.

:D

some pumpkins
      Spectator

22 songs a year. a new song every 1.8 months. that’s 6 weeks between each song release.[/quote:1y7hhv8o]
      how many months are there in your year?
      and how many weeks in your month?[/quote:1y7hhv8o]

40 months in a year right?
      you’re right. i fucked up. 22 songs over 12 months is a song every 2 1/2 weeks. which will not happen. so it’s probably gonna take more than 2 years.

it’s ok however long it takes. i would rather get a song here and there than have to wait 2 years to hear any of them! i think it is so cool how he’s doing this! as far as i know something like this has never been done before. so he is making history! and we get to witness it first hand! :D

Viewing 17 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.