Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

manillascissor
      Spectator

Now I found this one on eBay France. Have never seen it before, just Nirvana’s In Utero (promo it’s said) that looked just like this one, but I think these ones are just fake. Can anyone shed some light on this one?

http://cgi.ebay.fr/the-smashing-pumpkin … 7C294%3A50

it’s a known bootleg. exists in different colours. also as a picture disc.

if you think something is fake, you can always check one of the unofficial categories here on spfreaks.

http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?pa … &item=2124
      http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?pa … &item=2123
      http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?pa … &item=1851

Sven
      Spectator

it’s a bootleg alright!

but-

does anyone know how the F— they did this?
      was this made from a cd or vinyl copy?

plus-

what’s the sound like?

just curious, that’s all :)

it probably sounds bad.

Sven
      Spectator

it probably sounds bad.[/quote:2xofybp6]

indeed- i think so too-
      was just wondering if someone can confirm this ;)

mr.benway
      Spectator

i gave it yesterday a quick listen: overall sound quality is ok.
      the original vinyl sounds a little bit clearer and you can hear some more details. perhaps the bootleg is cd-sourced? the bootleg-vinyl sounds more like the machina-cd. (but i don’t have hifi-experts-ears :roll: )

Sven
      Spectator

i gave it yesterday a quick listen: overall sound quality is ok.
      the original vinyl sounds a little bit clearer and you can hear some more details. perhaps the bootleg is cd-sourced? the bootleg-vinyl sounds more like the machina-cd. (but i don’t have hifi-experts-ears :roll: )[/quote:3p96qi2b]

yep!

this is what is was getting at—-

for:

1- you can source vinyl from vinyl (lesser quality, but still)-
      2- you can source vinyl from cd (TOTALLY WRONG as per the settings and all as per vinyl cannot reproduce the cd stuff and vice versa!!!!)

so-

either it was sourced from cd or from a vinyl LP or from a vinyl LP duplicated or from a true master-plate???

that’s why i was wondering ;)

seems to be quite inferior though—

i doubt it’s from a \"true\" masterplate, assuming that you mean an original masterplate that was used to create one of the two official vinyl releases. the tracklist doesn’t match.

sourced from cd makes most sense here.

on the other hand, the mcis 3lp bootlegs are most likely sourced from an original vinyl. the quality is very crappy though.

ps: i’m still laughing at your \"does anyone know how the F— they did this?\"
      you sound very surprised: \"omg a bootleg vinyl, how the F***?!? did they do this?????????????????? this is like you know impossible\"
      oh sven, you and your ways of saying stuff. ;)

Sven
      Spectator

ps: i’m still laughing at your "does anyone know how the F— they did this?"
      you sound very surprised: "omg a bootleg vinyl, how the F***?!? did they do this?????????????????? this is like you know impossible"
      oh sven, you and your ways of saying stuff. ;)[/quote:20t1umi9]

LOL – thnx :)

it was meant like:
      – making a vinyl bootleg is quite some more and intricate work than making a cd bootleg; pressing plates DO end up on the open market sometimes and do make the rounds in collector’s intimate circles too; then you can soruce from vinyl and from cd too…
      – i was just getting at the fact it seems like a lot of work and i just can’t see how there would be a lot of profit to be made- that’s the point i tried to make :)

found this on ebay: it’s a \"promo\" vinyl for nirvana’s \"in utero\". does this remind anyone of another \"promo\"? ;)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

someone confirmed back in the day these promos came out for U2 as well.

Viewing 10 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.