Viewing 26 reply threads
  • Author

confuciousconfusing
      Spectator

I just saw this YouTube vid, where Jay Leno shows the original Machina II vinyl before the Smashing Pumpkins burst out in Cash Car Star. The end is brilliant, where Billy gets the Billy Corgan action figure from Jay Leno, and Leno says \"You’ll be back!\". He was soooo right… :wink:

But it makes me wonder, did Leno get a copy of Machina II of Billy Corgan? Or was he just showing it? And who else might have received an original copy? What do the fans on here know about it?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAFW-AVhtOU[/youtube]

if i’m not mistaken, leno was holding the empty sleeve of billy’s copy.

there’s a list of who is known to have a copy. i can’t find it right now though.

Anonymous
      Spectator

that would be sweet to see who owns the album
      wish I did

Anonymous
      Spectator

http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=160806%5B/quote:hetie679%5D

thanks..I despise net’whore’ia…lol
      I would love to add my name to that list,,Billy hello got an extra, I’ll keep it sealed

Arthur
      Spectator

I copied the list here, I hate to click those stupid Netphoria ads away all the time. Urgh!

But many many many thanks to the people over there doing that research, let’s be fair!

===

http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=102034 orignal thread

actually saved this to my computer one time when it came up because i wanted to remember.

confirmed:

billy
      james
      d’arcy
      jimmy
      melissa m. (manager)
      gooch
      gregory sylvester
      joe shanahan
      karl daher / spifc
      eric agnew / spfc
      dave asselin
      q101
      wxrt
      3 copies not given out

numbers known:
      original band members – 1-4
      gregory sylvester – 11

other guesses:
      matt walker
      butch vig
      flood
      alan moulder
      jimmy/dennis flemion

melissa a.d.m. did NOT get a copy

posted by List on Fork
      http://forums.netphoria.org/showpost…&postcount=198

Starseed talking on IRC

StArSeEd> that’s Q101’s alright.
      StArSeEd> WXRT’s is 20
      ninjaprsn> StArSeEd: where did you get the numbers from?
      StArSeEd> dahl’s is 23, agnew’s is 24, asselin’s is 25
      StArSeEd> shanahan’s is 8
      StArSeEd> corgan sr’s is 7
      StArSeEd> matuzak’s is 6
      StArSeEd> flood’s is 5

When StArSeEd comes online I will ask him if he has more numbers…

So it looks like
      1) Billy (?)
      2) James (?)
      3) D’arcy (?)
      4) Jimmy (?)
      5) Flood
      6) Matuzak
      7) Corgan Sr
      8) Joe Shanahan
      11) gregory sylvester

9, 10, 12-18, 21, 22 (?)

19) Someone in France? (formerly Q101)
      20) WXRT
      23) dahl’s
      24) agnew
      25) asselin

Also looks like Dead coined the phrase \"SP2\"
      http://forums.netphoria.org/showpost…&postcount=594

===

When 3 numbers are not given away yet… Get what I mean Reggaeluv2000? :wink:

And that #19, did it go to France after all? Wasn’t the eBay auction ended early for some reason?

We should maybe do such a thing on SPfreaks.com like the Nirvana fans did for the Love Buzz vinyl owners.

http://www.sliver.it/nirvana/test/pages … _list.html

that is kinda f’ed up that mdam didn’t get a copy.

#19 should still be in the USA with the person who tried to sell it on eBay. unless she silently sold it in the mean time.

Arthur
      Spectator

But obviously it was the Q101 copy that was (tried to be) sold on eBay? Funny… My expectation is that Billy would have been double pissed when he found out.

i don’t know. q101 couldn’t really do much with it, could they?

one day they donated it to a charity auction (or put it in a charity auction they organised themselves, i don’t know). one guy won it for about $400 and gave it to his girlfriend as a gift. she’s the one who tried to sell it. but then it suddenly got so much attention that she stopped the auction early. she was afraid the guy who gave it to her would find out. and that’s why she was happy to agree with the winner to cancel the whole deal.

at least, that’s how i remember the story. it might not be 100% correct, but i think it’s close to the truth.

i would never sell a gift like that. i would sell blood before i did that, if i needed money that bad.

i don’t think the seller was such a huge smashing pumpkins fan. i also believe she was quite surprised by the massive attention and super high bids her auction got.

oh, then why would that guy give her the record then? that was silly. yeah if she wasn’t much of a fan i bet she was really shocked.

another why:
      why didn’t anyone know about this charity auction?

Arthur
      Spectator

another why:
      why didn’t anyone know about this charity auction?[/quote:2flzeuw2]
      Exactly!

just imagine you were the only other person who knew about it and were able to take machina II home for say $500.

oh boy.

Arthur
      Spectator

Suddenly I would be collecting vinyl, no doubt. My goodness. If that happened to me, they have to put me in a decompression tank for a few hours to recover. :shock:

blueczarina
      Spectator

i would never sell a gift like that. i would sell blood before i did that, if i needed money that bad.[/quote:2rtl2e80]

agreed :lol: i would sell my kidneys

i wonder why Melissa didn’t rate high enough to get one. you think she would.

i would never sell a gift like that. i would sell blood before i did that, if i needed money that bad.[/quote:365nyx9p]

agreed :lol: i would sell my kidneys

i wonder why Melissa didn’t rate high enough to get one. you think she would.[/quote:365nyx9p]

She wasn’t with them for any albums, and she only toured machina.

She wasn’t much more than a hired musician in the end. She wasn’t around long enough to be considered one of the pumpkins.

At least, that’s my guess.

Anonymous
      Spectator

wow why would anyone sell that or give it to a GF to sell? That is priceless in my book. There are some things that you just can’t get rid of and that is definitely one of them.
      you would have to bury me with that

Arthur
      Spectator

wow why would anyone sell that or give it to a GF to sell? That is priceless in my book. There are some things that you just can’t get rid of and that is definitely one of them.
      you would have to bury me with that[/quote:3mj3gtcw]
      Yeah… I’m thinking, a genuine Mashed Potatoes set would be my #1 rarity, followed on #2 by the genuine Machina II vinyl… But I guess most fans will put this list in a different order, right?

Anonymous
      Spectator

nope there top dog on my super duper extreme long list…:)
      you have a zillion things…I have like nothing…actually everything is top dog-I have 6 cd’s? laugh all you want
      I have 2 Superchrist cd’s one opened and sinfully in my car and the other is not opened and never will be :)

Arthur
      Spectator

nope there top dog on my super duper extreme long list…:)
      you have a zillion things…I have like nothing…actually everything is top dog-I have 6 cd’s? laugh all you want
      I have 2 Superchrist cd’s one opened and sinfully in my car and the other is not opened and never will be :)[/quote:2xyy293e]
      Yeah, but let’s be honest, it’s not about what we got, it’s about the passion for the (people making the) music that we share. And being the realistic collector I am, Mashed Potatoes nor Machina II will be ever in my collection, I’m sure. And having hundreds of cds doesn’t make me a bigger fan either, it makes me a collecting freak. (But I wear that title proudly, nya nya nya :wink: ). So, laughing at others? Making fun of your (big or small) collection? Hell no. Never.

Anyway, my message is: we have the same level of passion for the most awesome band in the universe and beyond, with a drummer we love to see hittin’ his kit hard and loud, and a singer/songwriter/guitarist we love to see go crazy. That’s what bonds us. 8)

wow why would anyone sell that or give it to a GF to sell?[/quote:28w2mawv]
      obviously he didn’t give it to her to sell. that’s why she was so afraid that he would find out.

i think he found out, actually. he might have asked it back.

i think he found out, actually. he might have asked it back.[/quote:333jf03p]

I know I would. I would have given her shit about it too. It’s one thing to sell on a gift, something else to sell on an ultra-super-duper-rare-OMG-awesome gift.

Sven
      Spectator

funny shit
      i once made that list

ehm – yeah well – mel didnt get a copy…
      and uhm – yeah the q101 one ended up being auctioned off for charity

leno holds up the sleeve only to matuzak’s copy.

Anonymous
      Spectator

Yeah Arthur you are definitely a collector :shock:
      it’s beautiful & amazing

Yes we are all fans of this band that’s 4 sure
      I’ve loved them since well idk…can’t say Gish era, but maybe SD era, but got introduced to Gish after or right before SD came out, but heard Gish 1st. then Mellon collie came and I was like damn they really are fuckin’ unique Gish, SD, MCIS..whoa amazing..and so on….so here I am passionate about my fav. band in the whole wide world

I would want that gift back, it’s not like it was important to her. I bet she has to feel embarrassed a bit

Viewing 26 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.