Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

SPfreaks
      Spectator

There was a malicious link posted in our forum yesterday. We’ve been alerted by two members that this link caused spyware to load to their computers.

The user who posted this link has been banned, and the link has been removed.

Sorry to any other freaks who had problems because of this.

Arthur
      Spectator

I clicked that link also (when it was still there) and had none such issues.

OK, it was a kinda irritating movie which couldn’t be clicked away easily, unless you confirmed the whole text of the song line by line, but I didn’t notice any spyware coming in?

Maybe the new member wasn’t aware of the (possible) spyware risks, so a full ban from the forum is uhmmm… kinda severe punishment? Maybe a personal warning could have done the job too? I don’t know, I’m hardly aware about which new member we are talking about anyway, so I don’t know how his/her general behaviour was.

well, did you read on that post about courtney and billy? he said it was an outright lie that he made up. and my computer messed up big time after that link. so imho i don’t think it was severe, i think it was apropriate. but that is just me.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i agree. he was obnoxious.

and my computer is crap, but it was totally f-ed up afterwords. and it did crash.

as your mister computer guy- maybe yours was just less vulnerable. :wink:

SPfreaks
      Spectator

Please stop discussing this. It only fans the flames. What’s done is done, now it’s over. Will it happen again? Yes. We will deal with issues as they arise, but please keep the panicking or discussion to a minimum – that is what the ultimate goal is.

Keep your cool, rock on.

Viewing 4 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.