Viewing 51 reply threads
  • Author

Arthur
      Spectator

I’m a regular visitor of this enormous fair. Great stuffs to find there! I’m going on Saturday the 17th, and I try to enter the scene at 09:00 sharp. Somebody wants to join me? Will be a fun day, trust me!

toad32r
      Spectator

g Ill go if you fly me in from Toledo, OH…USA…lol

sounds awesome, shame that i can’t go :(

ah well, try and find some good deals everyone going ;)

Arthur
      Spectator

g Ill go if you fly me in from Toledo, OH…USA…lol[/quote:3ntekz64]
      If I was a millionaire I would toad32r… :lol: (I just love to meet the SPfreaks friends and have a fun Pumpkins day!)

Seriously, this fair is quite something. They sometimes even called themselves the biggest fair in the world, but maybe that’s not true anymore. What we normally would do is divide the rows of stalls between the friends, take our mobiles and phone each other when we find something interesting for 1 of the other guys. All the stalls have a number, you get a map when you enter and then just call your friend(s) and shout "stall 241! Machina acetate! come check it out!" :lol: (and guys with a PDA type of mobile can also check SPfreaks.com on the spot to compare the finds with the website, pretty cool…)

I found many many many rarities here over the years for 5-25 Euro, which will do way better on eBay… Not only Smashing Pumpkins, but also Man… Or Astroman, 16 Horsepower, System Of A Down, Mars Volta… lots. There will be sales awards, auctions, readings, bands playing, celebrities signing, huge amounts of vinyl, posters and rare Asian stuff like Minidiscs and Minicds… to much to mention. Heaven on earth indeed!

Afterwards we will go & have dinner in 1 of the many pittoresque restaurants in the center of Utrecht (all on walking distance, and the center is like little Amsterdam, very beautiful) and compare the finds with each other. Truely an adrenaline-driven day, believe me… 8)

toad32r
      Spectator

Same here, if i had the money, id be there, It sounds like a really cool event. I like places like that. Sometimes you can find that one thing that has always been elusive. Or even better, find something you never knew you wanted!!!

im going on sunday as usual saturday is for the family you know

Marc
      Spectator

I’m a regular visitor of this enormous fair. Great stuffs to find there! I’m going on Saturday the 17th, and I try to enter the scene at 09:00 sharp. Somebody wants to join me? Will be a fun day, trust me!

Hope to meet you there guys!
      Arthur 8)[/quote:2rmg2y2e]

I’m skipping the record fair this time. My wife is going to the collector’s fair so it’s "daddy day" for me….
      The past years I went to the record fair (both April & November version) together with Jeroen and Sven. Last year we decided to only go there once a year. So count me in for the April 2008 edition

Have fun
      Marc

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Marc kicks ass.

Lara
      Spectator

Arthur i PM’d you

Arthur
      Spectator

Arthur i PM’d you[/quote:3ufafadi]
      Yup, read it. Cool to see you there!

if you find one of those mcis 3lps without a white box, be sure to check the matrix codes.

have fun! i hope you come back with the coolest stories ever.

hey and leave somthing for me ok :P

Arthur
      Spectator

hey and leave somthing for me ok :P[/quote:2afuvz4v]
      Sorry… no chance, I took it all already :P

Here’s my little report guys, from another fun day at a record fair.

After all I went alone as Lara’s fingers got crushed in a car’s door and had to go to hospital with 3 broken fingers. Awful accident! Get well soon Lara!

Nevertheless, I found (and bought) the following during my hit and run strategy, used at record fairs.

-3 Delabel promo’s for Disarm, Adore and Greatest Hits 2CD

http://www.spfreaks.com/Default.aspx?pa … LS&item=15 (for manillascissor, if he wants it)
      http://www.spfreaks.com/Default.aspx?pa … LS&item=32 (for myself, as it has a rare sticker)
      http://www.spfreaks.com/Default.aspx?pa … LS&item=40 (for manillascissor, if he wants it)

manillascissor, I paid € 5,00 for that Disarm promo, and € 75,00 for that amazingly rare Greatest Hits Delabel set. Tell me which one(s) you like, otherwise I’ll sell them off on eBay or otherwise, OK?

-3 Asian Pumpkins DVD’s (2 Vieuphoria & 1 Greatest Hits, all uncertain background, but I’ll put some research in it to find out. They were pretty cheap anyway).

-2CD-R set from the former DJ of Paard, Den Haag, that recorded the January 1992 concert of the Pumpkins himself. We exchanged emails and promised to keep in touch for some more rare Pumpkins stuffs he says he has. I’m kinda excited about this funny discovery, I’m hoping it’s a better source as the Rawk bootleg. At least it’s on 2 CDs instead of 1…

And I found 1 Mellon Collie 3LP vinyl unnumbered & unboxed (for Cool As Ice Cream, if he wants it)

I took those numbers from Netphoria:

side A and B: set no: 7243 8 41655 12 and comp no: 7243 8 41656 11
      side C and D: set no: 7243 8 41655 12 and comp no: 7243 8 41657 10
      side E and F: set no: 7243 8 41655 12 and comp no: 7243 8 41658 19

And I can confirm those numbers to be on this vinyl set. Besides that I can confirm it’s the same release as shown on the pics in the other thread started by Lara.

The hand-etched matrix numbers are:

side A: 7243 8 41655 – A –
      and – B -, – C – etc. for the other sides.

The Dutch seller told me he bought 12 copies of it a bit more than a year ago from a trustworthy distributor, and as far as he knows it is not a bootleg. This was his last copy. I have searched my ass off on the whole fair, and it was at least the only copy there I’m pretty sure. It’s in an absolute mint condition, unplayed and all.

Cool As Ice Cream, I paid € 45,00 for it (I tried to negotiate, but that didn’t work, it was a fixed price), you think you want it for that price? If not, I’ll sell it off someday again.

Furthermore I traced down:

I Am One 7" vinyl for € 35,00 (good price I thought, will be send from the UK later when the seller returns home)
      Mellon Collie French Delabel promo for € 30,00 (will be send from France, the French seller will also look for Adore Attention Evenement promo and another type of Adore Delabel promo, he thinks he has it at home… fingers crossed)

On a sidenote, I also bought The Cure – Let’s Go To Bed 12" maxi, for it’s b-side Just One Kiss (extended version of over 7 minutes). This has to do with nostalgia; attending new wave/punk parties back in the 1980’s, when I just LOVED that song…)

All in all, I had a great day. However, I feel very sorry for Lara.
      Arthur 8)

Arthur
      Spectator

-2CD-R set from the former DJ of Paard, Den Haag, that recorded the January 1992 concert of the Pumpkins himself. We exchanged emails and promised to keep in touch for some more rare Pumpkins stuffs he says he has. I’m kinda excited about this funny discovery, I’m hoping it’s a better source as the Rawk bootleg. At least it’s on 2 CDs instead of 1…[/quote:3dpu7buj]
      My excitement is rising guys, this is quite a cool discovery! This 2CD set contains all the crowd noises before and after the songs, and even better… They played much more music as is released on the booties like Rawk. Window Paine lasts almost 8 minutes instead of 3 (the whole instrumental outtro is cut), Siva included a 1 minute instumental intro, which is cut on Rawk, and the sound quality is a bit better also!

PS This is based on a quick non-thorough listen to CD I, but I’m almost pretty sure this set is worthwhile spreading! :lol:

Oh and the guy said he had good recordings of the 1991 "Ein Abend In Wien Festival" Doelen, Rotterdam also, which, as far as I know, have not surfaced yet also! There was a broadcast on tv if I’m right, but a proper spread of the music was never made I guess… These recordings are very special to me, as this Doelen, Rotterdam concert was, to my knowledge, the first gig the Pumpkins did outside US/CA! 8)

Arthur
      Spectator

-2CD-R set from the former DJ of Paard, Den Haag, that recorded the January 1992 concert of the Pumpkins himself. We exchanged emails and promised to keep in touch for some more rare Pumpkins stuffs he says he has. I’m kinda excited about this funny discovery, I’m hoping it’s a better source as the Rawk bootleg. At least it’s on 2 CDs instead of 1…[/quote:13iji9rr]
      Yup, I’m sure. As it contains all the stage banter, crowd noise, Jimmy starting in I Am One and then Billy saying "I don’t want to play anymore", then he continues with Luna (they play I Am One after that anyway :wink: ) and a much longer outtro of Girl Named Sandoz (James Iha going wild & spacey on his guitar for another minute, after saying "This is not a fucking lovesong!")… all this is not to be found on Rawk! So this is the full and unedited recording of Paard, Den Haag. And in a pretty cool quality also. Awesome discovery, to my opinion! :shock:

that’s awesome Arthur!

there’s only two things left to do 1) copy the cd’s to mp3’s, put them in a .zip and put them on sendspace/megauploads/etc. and post the link here 2) copy to mp3, add to smashingpumpkins.com

do it… now… :)

1992-01-19: other sources than the sped up bootleg source are already available.
      check http://www.splra.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tsp1992-01-19
      they even have the full show banter there (including \"i don’t wanna play i am one\", for example), so it’s not unlikely that the source that is already out there is as complete as the one you found.

however! chances are that your source is a big improvement lineage-wise. so by all means, get it out there. (any chance you know the lineage of the cd-r source? was it first recorded onto cassette, for example?)

1991-09-01: several sources of this show also exist. http://www.splra.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tsp1991-09-01
      once again, if this guy was a dj, it’s not unlikely he owns something better or more complete. worth checking out.

And I found 1 Mellon Collie 3LP vinyl unnumbered & unboxed (for Cool As Ice Cream, if he wants it)

I took those numbers from Netphoria:

side A and B: set no: 7243 8 41655 12 and comp no: 7243 8 41656 11
      side C and D: set no: 7243 8 41655 12 and comp no: 7243 8 41657 10
      side E and F: set no: 7243 8 41655 12 and comp no: 7243 8 41658 19

And I can confirm those numbers to be on this vinyl set. Besides that I can confirm it’s the same release as shown on the pics in the other thread started by Lara.

The hand-etched matrix numbers are:

side A: 7243 8 41655 – A –
      and – B -, – C – etc. for the other sides.

The Dutch seller told me he bought 12 copies of it a bit more than a year ago from a trustworthy distributor, and as far as he knows it is not a bootleg. This was his last copy. I have searched my ass off on the whole fair, and it was at least the only copy there I’m pretty sure. It’s in an absolute mint condition, unplayed and all.

Cool As Ice Cream, I paid € 45,00 for it (I tried to negotiate, but that didn’t work, it was a fixed price), you think you want it for that price? If not, I’ll sell it off someday again.[/quote:w6c9wv0m]
      i don’t pay for bootlegs. since it’s not really decided that this is a bootleg, i will think about it. i will get back to you via email.

I Am One 7" vinyl for € 35,00 (good price I thought, will be send from the UK later when the seller returns home)
      Mellon Collie French Delabel promo for € 30,00 (will be send from France, the French seller will also look for Adore Attention Evenement promo and another type of Adore Delabel promo, he thinks he has it at home… fingers crossed)[/quote:bpq00t9o]
      this is awesome. best finds ever!
      i love those delabel promos. mcis promo for only €30??? amazing.
      same goes for the i am one single. i know a second hand record store that sold i am one 7" for €350.

Arthur
      Spectator

1992-01-19: other sources than the sped up bootleg source are already available.
      check http://www.splra.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tsp1992-01-19
      they even have the full show banter there (including "i don’t wanna play i am one", for example), so it’s not unlikely that the source that is already out there is as complete as the one you found.

however! chances are that your source is a big improvement lineage-wise. so by all means, get it out there. (any chance you know the lineage of the cd-r source? was it first recorded onto cassette, for example?)

1991-09-01: several sources of this show also exist. http://www.splra.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tsp1991-09-01
      once again, if this guy was a dj, it’s not unlikely he owns something better or more complete. worth checking out.[/quote:3taaum78]
      This morning I ripped it in 320 kbps MP3, and it’s being uploaded on sp.com as we speak. I put a txt file to it with what I know so far (and some SPfreaks references of course :wink: ). However it states it might take up to 24 hours before it shows. Then I leave the judgements up to the professionals in the SP community. When I know more about the lineage I will get a lossless rip done for Archive.org (don’t want to bother them with MP3 of course :P ). As the guy is still on the record fair today, I can’t tell much about that now.

But I remember him telling he was not on duty that night and was not able to do a soundboard recording, instead it’s a tape recording, put to a few CD-Rs for friends. He told me I got the copy he made for a female friend that never showed up. Maybe he tells that to everybody… I can only tell you what the guy told me yesterday. It is very well possible that SPLRA has exactly the same source for their information, as 1 of those CD-R sets might have been around already for a while.

This guy is living in Den Haag, and I got his email. He said he might have more stuffs about the old days of the Pumpkins, like flyers, posters, more recordings. He told me also he has been drinking a beer or two with Jimmy Chamberlin after a concert. He is now running a little alternative bar/dance hall called "Danslokaal Vredebreuk" in the centre of Den Haag. I can’t wait to meet him again, as you can imagine! :)

Arthur
      Spectator

i don’t pay for bootlegs. since it’s not really decided that this is a bootleg, i will think about it. i will get back to you via email.[/quote:38c7o9bc]
      Sure, I understand Cool As Ice Cream. No hard feelings when you decide to skip it. I might even keep it for myself. But I didn’t know how to reach you (next time we exchange phonenumbers OK?), so I took the risk to buy it, as you showed so much interest in this release.

When I know more about the lineage I will get a lossless rip done for Archive.org (don’t want to bother them with MP3 of course :P ).[/quote:19men3sa]
      it would be interesting to have one (short) track in flac to compare with the source that is already out there.

i’m not sure what the lineages on splra.org all mean, but could it be that this show was recorded on cassette from the soundboard, and then broadcast on the radio? (see: ANA-?>FM>ANA-1>CDR) and that the dj recorded it from the radio on another cassette and made a transfer to cd-r with his cassette? (ask him if you have the chance.)
      if so, the splra.org also lists another, in theory better, lineage for this show: ANA-1>DDC-?(32k)>SHN (no FM, no ANA-?)

Arthur
      Spectator

Mellon Collie French Delabel promo for € 30,00 (will be send from France, the French seller will also look for Adore Attention Evenement promo and another type of Adore Delabel promo, he thinks he has it at home… fingers crossed)[/quote:7sevmdir]
      this is awesome. best finds ever!
      i love those delabel promos. mcis promo for only €30??? amazing.
      same goes for the i am one single. i know a second hand record store that sold i am one 7" for €350.[/quote:7sevmdir]
      Yeah, but first see, then believe. Keep you posted.

Arthur
      Spectator

When I know more about the lineage I will get a lossless rip done for Archive.org (don’t want to bother them with MP3 of course :P ).[/quote:1czgknrq]
      it would be interesting to have one (short) track in flac to compare with the source that is already out there.

i’m not sure what the lineages on splra.org all mean, but could it be that this show was recorded on cassette from the soundboard, and then broadcast on the radio? (see: ANA-?>FM>ANA-1>CDR) and that the dj recorded it from the radio on another cassette and made a transfer to cd-r with his cassette? (ask him if you have the chance.)
      if so, the splra.org also lists another, in theory better, lineage for this show: ANA-1>DDC-?(32k)>SHN (no FM, no ANA-?)[/quote:1czgknrq]
      Pfff, I’m rather new to this stuffs… I have to ask the guy, and I will. I presumed he was in the audience that night and recorded it himself. I remember now he said he used very good (and at that time expensive) equipment to record the show of the Pumpkins. What I like about it so much is that it starts with the audience shouting for the band, somebody says "Spelen!" (Play!) and at the end of the recording we hear James Iha freak out a bit more on his guitar after saying "This is not a fucking lovesong!" (not mentioned on SPLRA)… Then the concert is over, and after a while the venue’s own music starts playing. I would like to call it a full recording, with tons of funny details, more intro/outtro stuff, stage banter etc. as widely available (like via RSPAA). Anyway, in a little while you get the chance to judge yourself. I’ll see what I can do on the FLAC side, as I don’t have the software to do that (1 of the tech guys on this board always did this for me). Can you help me out a bit?

i just noticed the \"currently best available recording\" i was talking about is already on archive.org, also available in mp3 format: http://www.archive.org/details/tsp1992-01-19.flac16
      (sounds a bit too fast though…)

the recording also seems complete (including \"this is not a fucking love song\"), but misses the audience before the first song, and the house music after the show has ended.

if the dj recorded this himself, then this is a completely new (audience) recording, previously unknown.

Arthur
      Spectator

i just noticed the "currently best available recording" i was talking about is already on archive.org, also available in mp3 format: http://www.archive.org/details/tsp1992-01-19.flac16
      (sounds a bit too fast though…)[/quote:12395oc4]
      Cool, it saves me some work then, maybe, when it is the same source. What do you make out of:

Source: SBD > WM-D6 > ANA-1 > DAT
      Lineage: DDC-? > CDR-0 > EAC >FLAC

I’ll send you 2 of the MP3 files Cool As Ice Cream, maybe you can do a quick judgement. I’ll try first song and last song on your email now.

Arthur
      Spectator

i just noticed the "currently best available recording" i was talking about is already on archive.org, also available in mp3 format: http://www.archive.org/details/tsp1992-01-19.flac16
      (sounds a bit too fast though…)

the recording also seems complete (including "this is not a fucking love song"), but misses the audience before the first song, and the house music after the show has ended.

if the dj recorded this himself, then this is a completely new (audience) recording, previously unknown.[/quote:388wqp7r]
      Ah well, then it is widely available after all huh :wink:

In 20 minutes you get 2 songs (first and last) by Yousendit.com. Be patient… I hope you’re right about this "previously unknown" recording, would be cool. It could be possible, as you say the thing you just listened to is a bit too fast (the problem with Rawk also) so what is around now is the non-adjusted Rawk source maybe? This recording sounds like it’s on the right speed to me, and is definately not the Rawk source.

It sounds like a different recording to me. The one on archive.org is soundboard, the one you got is audience, and a good one.

And I just checked my own cd-rs of the SBD source and these don’t seem to play too fast.
      There is something wrong with the transfer that is currently up on archive.org.

Arthur
      Spectator

It sounds like a different recording to me. The one on archive.org is soundboard, the one you got is audience, and a good one.[/quote:ab669ud7]
      8) Nice discovery after all I guess (for 15 EUR)! It’s uploaded for sp.com now, but I see they are behind for a few days, as the oldest file in there is dated 05-11-2007. Hopefully it will be on there soon. Is there anything I can do right now for the SP community? Like creating lossless files and spreading it further? Or do more research with the DJ guy first? That might take a while maybe…

Yeah, spreading lossless files would be cool. There’s no hurry though.

I’m not really an expert, but I think it might be interesting to find out what equipment was used (recorder, mic), and what happened with the recording before it was transferred to cd-r. Was the master tape transferred to cd-r, or to dat; or was it a copy of a copy of the master tape that got transferred, for example.
      Maybe the guy can help you, maybe he has forgotten about the details already.

Arthur
      Spectator

This message came in from Livepumpkins.net today:

\"From: http://www.livepumpkins.net
      To: @spfreaks.com">spf-contact@spfreaks.com
      Date: 11/18/2007 06:16 PM
      Subject: Feedback

Hey this rules, thanks a bunch!… Will be posting soon.

Sorry about the trouble you experience while uploading.

Peace!\"

It’s not posted yet however.

Arthur
      Spectator

Haha the news is spreading fast… We are being linked on SPLRA already:

http://www.splra.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tsp1992-01-19

OK, the MP3’s are on sp.com soon I hope, the lossless files will follow soon after I spoke to the DJ guy. I’ll ask for all the tech details and so on also. And maybe I can get a direct lossless transfer from cassette from him, would be even cooler I guess.

On a sidenote… just think of it, how many of these unsurfaced recordings are there around still? :shock:

Haha the news is spreading fast… We are being linked on SPLRA already:

http://www.splra.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tsp1992-01-19

OK, the MP3’s are on sp.com soon I hope, the lossless files will follow soon after I spoke to the DJ guy. I’ll ask for all the tech details and so on also. And maybe I can get a direct lossless transfer from cassette from him, would be even cooler I guess.

On a sidenote… just think of it, how many of these unsurfaced recordings are there around still? :shock:[/quote:3pm5678z]

slowly, slowly does this site gain popularity and recognition. but give it time, and (i’ve said it once, i’ll say it again) this site could be up there with the best of them :)

and amount of unsurfaced recordings?

shitloads

sums it up quite eloquontly, methinks :wink:

ah sorry about the double post :?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Wow, can’t believe you found that MCIS FR promo! So awesome!!! Very happy for you! Looking forward to proper scans…

Also, thanks for picking up those two items. I’ll take them off your hands (both for 80 Euro) if that’s cool. Just let me know. I suppose we could PM from here?

One more thing, thanks for showing us that eBay isn’t always where it’s at. I got an invite to a fair in S. America, but uh, kinda far away. :(

Anyway, went to ATL show on Friday. Will update in Tour Forum soon. But sadly, it was :(

yea yea yea and he left me with almost nothing thanks!! found gish and siames dream on vinyl so well im happy after all. wished i found that greatest hits and mellon collie grrrrr

Arthur
      Spectator

slowly, slowly does this site gain popularity and recognition. but give it time, and (i’ve said it once, i’ll say it again) this site could be up there with the best of them :)[/quote:32qdg24a]
      Next steps taken. :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Smashi … rnal_links

Arthur
      Spectator

yea yea yea and he left me with almost nothing thanks!! found gish and siames dream on vinyl so well im happy after all. wished i found that greatest hits and mellon collie grrrrr[/quote:7qho0b47]
      Sorry my friend. You’re going to be lucky next time I’m sure.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

slowly, slowly does this site gain popularity and recognition. but give it time, and (i’ve said it once, i’ll say it again) this site could be up there with the best of them :)[/quote:2fd0myix]
      Next steps taken. :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Smashi … rnal_links[/quote:2fd0myix]

YOU DA MAN!

Arthur
      Spectator

And another one…

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Smashing+Pumpkins%2C+The

Also I have send emails to Record Collector UK and a few other magazines. It would be helpful maybe when you come across websites where you can hype this SPfreaks site… start hyping! :wink:

cool about the discogs.com link, but i think the wikimods removed the link you put for SPfreaks on wikipedia.
      better luck next time! (try makiing a point in an article, and footnoting it to spfreaks :wink: )

Arthur
      Spectator

cool about the discogs.com link, but i think the wikimods removed the link you put for SPfreaks on wikipedia.[/quote:1p81pozq]
      Tsss, yeah you’re right. But that’s their loss, not ours :wink: (we got no extra hits today anyway).

And I don’t feel like writing too many articles everywhere yet, as I was invited last week to become mod on http://www.recordcollectorsguild.org/ for their SP section… Will I ever find time for that… After my retirement maybe! :lol:

pfft, yeah. wikipedia takes itself too seriously :lol:

cool that you got invited as a mod on that site. if you find the time, i’m sure you’ll do good work :wink:

breun
      Spectator

Too bad I wasn’t in The Netherlands on those dates. Maybe I’ll join in on the fun next year.

Arthur
      Spectator

OK, the MP3’s are on sp.com soon I hope, the lossless files will follow soon after I spoke to the DJ guy. I’ll ask for all the tech details and so on also. And maybe I can get a direct lossless transfer from cassette from him, would be even cooler I guess.[/quote:1q5dqrb3]
      I received his first email, which was only a reply to my first quick reaction last weekend. I have now asked for the tech details, and a meeting hopefully soon. He’s telling he’s fan of Skinny Puppy, and if we can help him look around for their stuffs… I have never heard of this band, any of you?

Too bad I wasn’t in The Netherlands on those dates. Maybe I’ll join in on the fun next year.[/quote:1q5dqrb3]
      Sure, most welcome! :D

He’s telling he’s fan of Skinny Puppy, and if we can help him look around for their stuffs… I have never heard of this band, any of you?[/quote:1hrdjng0][/quote:1hrdjng0] yeah i’ve heard of them. But that’s all. i don’t know naything about them, i’ve just heard of them is all :)

Sven
      Spectator

Sure I kinow of Skinny Puppy…
      One of the most influential post-proto industrial bands ever.
      Saw them this year at Tivoli, Utrecht, NL
      And have several albums by these guys.
      Like with Throbbing Gristle and Front Line Assembly, no Nine Inch Nails withouth those two and no NIN without Skinny Puppy…
      Amazing band – not that I’ve got any demos or anything but still; great band!

breun
      Spectator

Arthur
      Spectator

Yeah, spreading lossless files would be cool. There’s no hurry though.

I’m not really an expert, but I think it might be interesting to find out what equipment was used (recorder, mic), and what happened with the recording before it was transferred to cd-r. Was the master tape transferred to cd-r, or to dat; or was it a copy of a copy of the master tape that got transferred, for example.
      Maybe the guy can help you, maybe he has forgotten about the details already.[/quote:36lq3xp3]
      This is what the guy responded today.

-Recorded with Sony Professional walkman, at that time the most expensive one.
      -Mic: Sony also, the best one available at that time.
      -Sound Enchanter 1 time to enlighten the dynamics a bit.
      -Put to 2CD.

I think I got the best available quality already, right?

He’s looking for the 12" of "Inquisition" (1992) of Skinny Puppy he told me.

He’s looking for the 12" of "Inquisition" (1992) of Skinny Puppy he told me.[/quote:25k13yxk]
      just looked this up on ebay. not cheap… and the auction is almost over.
      http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie … 0178009566

Arthur
      Spectator

He’s looking for the 12" of "Inquisition" (1992) of Skinny Puppy he told me.[/quote:2amie37s]
      just looked this up on ebay. not cheap… and the auction is almost over.
      http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie … 0178009566[/quote:2amie37s]
      Thanks, I passed it through immediately.

Viewing 51 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.