Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

jennedp
      Spectator

Hello,

I have some live Smashing Pumpkins minidiscs. I really wish I could say where the material is from, but, I didn’t write it down when I recorded it from CD to MD. If anyone is interested, I can make an analogue copy to MD. Sorry I don’t have the capability to move it from MD to CD.

I also have some Pearl Jam rarities if interested.

Ed

i think it’s very likely that these recordings are already out there, but then without the CD>MD>CD step in their lineage.

what kind of cds did you copy these recordings from? \"commercial\" bootlegs, with silver bottoms and artwork? or cd-rs?

jennedp
      Spectator

Both concerts are from Euro release CDs.

One of the concerts has Disarm playing where a guy seems to yell out \"Johnny\" right before the build up. (As if that small tidbit of info would be helpful)

An acoustic set that ends with Corgan Saying Thank You Friends.

All three of the above were recorded from CD to MD via optical/digital.

I have them in concert reccorded over FM from a KROQ acoustic Christmas circa 1998.
      What is cool on that recording is that he does a cover of a Depech Mode song: Never Let Me Down Again.

There may be no interest in this stuff as Mini Disc is a forgotten format, but if you can use it, I’d rather share than come in with nothing to offer.

The Pearl Jam I have is said to be the first recordings where Eddie V put his voice on the Gossard/Ament tape.

mirrorboxer
      Spectator

Minidisc is not forgotten. I still use it. I’m still looking for the Machina and Mellon Collie retail MD’s if someone wants to sell or trade them to me.

Regarding your Pearl Jam. It isn’t rare or even hard to get. It was on the Hallucinogenic Recipe CD box set and has now been released on cassette as part of the Ten box set re-release/remaster.

jennedp
      Spectator

Thanks for the info on the PJ. I got the recording approx 1995. Don’t know when the box set came out. I really haven’t kept up with PJ. They just seemed to go a different direction on me. I did get some live concerts, specifically one from Zurich. Sorry don’t know the date.

Been meaning to get some of the Pro audio gear that can disable SCMS. At least then the MD would be more tradeable.

Me, I can’t hear a differance between MD and CD, so I’m just fine with MDs given how cheap they are.

Hey, if you want set up a trade at all, I’d love to get some new Smashing Pumpkins stuff. I was way outta the loop for some years.

Ed

Viewing 4 reply threads

The forum ‘Trading Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.