Viewing 25 reply threads
  • Author

amnesia
      Keymaster

I wanted to add my KR Zero commercial CD to my ownerslist today, but it doesn’t exist in the system yet. Probably because no one has submitted photos yet.

With this being said, it’s still possible to update the databases with placeholder information (much like some of the 7\" test presses that haven’t actually been uploaded yet).

Can we start a thread to make yet to be uploaded releases within the system please? It will be obvious to SPFreaks management that updates are necessary as \"No Image\" will be displayed.

This CD will now go into storage, and there are many others I have that fall into this category. If I could at least add it to my Ownerslist for now, I can go back and submit photos when I have the time and won’t lose track of its existence.

Arthur/Bram?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Placeholders Needed:

Zero CD – KR Commercial Release
      Lull CD – UK Promo
      Perfect Remixes 4trk CD – US Acetate promo
      EMI Exitos – AR promo 2CD w/ Tonight, Tonight/ 1979
      Everlasting Gaze – DE 1trk promo CD

Today – AU CS Commercial
      33 – NZ CS Commercial
      Gish – SG CS Commercial
      Randsom Soundtrack – US CS promo
      Stigmata Soundtrack – US CS promo
      Dancing in the Moonlight – US CS promo
      Perfect Mixes – US CS promo

Rabbit in the Moon Remixes Vol. 2 – CA 3LP w/ TEITBITE Melancholy and the Infinite Madness Mix
      Indie Top 20 – UK 2LP promo w/ Siva
      Now that’s what I call Music! – US? 2LP promo
      Gish – KR promo LP
      Siamese Dream – CO promo 2LP
      Siamese Dream – BR promo 2LP
      Tristessa – DE Subpop 12\" test pressing
      I Am One – UK 10\" test pressing

There are others, but they get into different versions of existing promos…confusing w/o pics.

Thom
      Spectator

any chance of pics of the vinyl? I’d love to see them, especially the south american promos.

Arthur
      Spectator

… and won’t lose track of its existence.

Arthur/Bram?[/quote:1mfjbhab]
      I’m going to be cruel. Only when pics are provided we create new Collection entries. Go scanning! Please!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Well this sucks!

Yes Thom, I’ll scan these babies as soon as possible. Going out of town today, until December 6th. That would be the earliest I could get to this.

Fuck!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Any of these anyone interested in besides what Thom already requested? I have a huge pile of items and am going to office now to scan them in. If you know something you want scanned early, let me know here.

PS-I don’t really expect any replies, just thought I’d offer.

PPS-Arthur/Bram, whose uploading these days? That’s who I’ll send to. Thanks!

blueczarina
      Spectator

i would like to see them all :twisted: hehe

Thom
      Spectator

I’m interested in them all too :)

I have a great fondness for cassettes so I’m looking forward to seeing those eventually. I’d most like to see the south american vinyl and the now that’s what I call… promo (probably British rather than U.S. btw).

Arthur
      Spectator

PPS-Arthur/Bram, whose uploading these days? That’s who I’ll send to. Thanks![/quote:39bh4d8j]
      Send to me please. The new server only allows me to log on with a remote session to do the uploads. RedWolf is working on an improved Access tool for us. Might take a while… So in the meantime I’ll try to catch up.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Okay, my computer has a virus and I can’t connect to internet.

So I emailed the scans to a remote server, which I can access using my wife’s computer.

But, her software sucks ass. Can you download Microsoft Picture Manager or whatever online? I just need a program that zooms and crops.

blueczarina
      Spectator

you mean like online sites.

http://www.lunapic.com/editor/

http://www.picnik.com/

http://www.splashup.com/

or you could email me or someone else some pics i’m sure and have them fixed by someone else and then emailed back.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

which one is the best?

Thom
      Spectator

I use a program called easycrop on OSX, it’s probably available for windows too. Download is free. It’s very easy to use.

blueczarina
      Spectator

which one is the best?[/quote:79k99y74]

i don’t know. i’ve used them all and others. its mostly basic stuff though. i usually just use my Neopaint and GIMP and whatever else when i’m doing that stuff.

there is also picassa? i think thats how its spelled- too lazy to google. Dazey had a thread about it in the miscellaneous forum. its pretty good too for basics.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

well thanks to everyone’s suggestions, i’ve successfully scanned and edited the following for quick submission to the spfreaks database (*cough* arthur *cough*):

1) EMI Anglo No. 26 MX promo CD feat. BWBW
      2) Lull UK promo CD
      3) Machina 5trk sampler promo CD (unmastered)
      4) Doomsday Clock UK promo CD
      5) 33 NL CD (white version CD)
      6) Try^3 Swedish promo CD
      7) EMI Sampler Volume 46 KR promo CD feat. TEG
      8) Perfect MY CD
      9) Singles JP CD
      10) Everything Reprise August 2007 feat. TTW (my love is)
      11) Warner Vibe 1 BR promo CD feat. Tarantula
      12) AVSC3 BR CD feat. Christmastime
      13) Cidade do Rock BR promo CD feat. Siva

blueczarina
      Spectator

i want to see #4. it sounds cool.

amnesia
      Spectator

i want to see #4. it sounds cool.[/quote:hllk7afw]

Me 2. :P

Anonymous
      Spectator

me 3
      Arthur?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Sorry for the shit-ass CD scan, I’ll turn it sideways and do it again soon. Probably not today though. But the front looks like the purple Zeitgeist (Target Edition), and here’s the back and the CD itself.

Arthur
      Spectator

Sorry for the shit-ass CD scan, I’ll turn it sideways and do it again soon. Probably not today though. But the front looks like the purple Zeitgeist (Target Edition), and here’s the back and the CD itself.[/quote:3a5xpmva]
      How should we call this release? Zeitgeist? Zeitgeist I guess.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Sorry for the shit-ass CD scan, I’ll turn it sideways and do it again soon. Probably not today though. But the front looks like the purple Zeitgeist (Target Edition), and here’s the back and the CD itself.[/quote:3j4prsnq]
      How should we call this release? Zeitgeist? Zeitgeist I guess.[/quote:3j4prsnq]

No, Doomsday Clock.

Arthur
      Spectator

I called it Zeitgeist anyway: it is a 1 track album promo, not a single promo. Zeitgeist is also written very boldly.

http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=2655 (1 track promo)

http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=2363 (12 track promo)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I called it Zeitgeist anyway: it is a 1 track album promo, not a single promo. Zeitgeist is also written very boldly.

http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=2655 (1 track promo)

http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=2363 (12 track promo)[/quote:zsiwt7mw]

Yeah, that works. Cool. 8)

blueczarina
      Spectator

nice item manilla :wink: lucky bums

I called it Zeitgeist anyway: it is a 1 track album promo, not a single promo.[/quote:2by3ukep]
      I agree.

amnesia
      Spectator

Nice one Manilla.Wish i had it as well. :P

Viewing 25 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.