Viewing 29 reply threads
  • Author

BleedingTheOrchid
      Spectator

My understanding was that you were aloud to bring in cameras and recorders to all the shows, anyone know whats up?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Does it say anything about this on http://www.smashingpumpkins.com? Maybe that particular venue has a no recording policy?

That’s just standard text that they put on all their tickets. Doesn’t mean a thing.

toad32r
      Spectator

The Fox Theatre has contacted me saying that they have recieved word that audio recording is OK, they are still waiting for the video part to be allowed. Also, Ticketmaster is going to be contacted to post a statement in regards to the recording at SP shows as well.

The Fox Theatre has contacted me saying that they have recieved word that audio recording is OK, they are still waiting for the video part to be allowed. Also, Ticketmaster is going to be contacted to post a statement in regards to the recording at SP shows as well.[/quote:guj8xszd] if you do audio record it, would it be possible if you split it up (into each song) put them in a .zip folder, and then upload it to megauploads/sendspace/yousendit please? i like having live songs, and if i could have an entire show that would be great! if, however, you dont reckon the quality is good at all… then dont worry about it. i dont want them to be unlistenable :lol:

i like having live songs, and if i could have an entire show that would be great![/quote:3a7bk1of]

do i have news for you superlord mate! go here, over 160 (and counting by the week) pumpkins live shows from 1988 – present, in flac, ogg, 2 types of mp3, stream… start drooling mate! and never bug toad32r anymore :P no seriously that website is cool everybody should go there

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query … sort=-date

i like having live songs, and if i could have an entire show that would be great![/quote:cmlqhgrg]

do i have news for you superlord mate! go here, over 160 (and counting by the week) pumpkins live shows from 1988 – present, in flac, ogg, 2 types of mp3, stream… start drooling mate! and never bug toad32r anymore :P no seriously that website is cool everybody should go there[/quote:cmlqhgrg] go where… there’s no link!

go where… there’s no link![/quote:3jrscuu4]
      look again… i edited it before you could blink your eyes :lol:

look again… i edited it before you could blink your eyes :lol:[/quote:2pjbj9op]haha! cheers for that :)

toad32r
      Spectator

LOL, ill try to record the show, i planned on it anyways! It would be sweet if i am allowed to video record it, im in the orchestra pit, VIP seats, against the stage, 3rd row!!! Gonna be sweet. Ill have a SPFREAKS shirt on incase its being recorded for the DVD.

LOL, ill try to record the show, i planned on it anyways! It would be sweet if i am allowed to video record it, im in the orchestra pit, VIP seats, against the stage, 3rd row!!! Gonna be sweet. Ill have a SPFREAKS shirt on incase its being recorded for the DVD.[/quote:32nsuhd7] that. is. AWESOME! you are so lucky to get those kind of seats! who did you have to kill? :lol:

toad32r
      Spectator

Its kind of funny actually, I was the first person in line when the tix went on sale, I had back surgery awhile ago that messed me up, i have to use a cane to get around. Ticketmaster assigned me these seats due to walking difficulty. Maybe i found one shining light to having a stupid cane…lol!!!

haha! maybe… ah well. hope you get better soon :)

Ill have a SPFREAKS shirt on incase its being recorded for the DVD.[/quote:2gch93b0]
      hey another tease of this shirt, i asked superlord to send in pics, what do you know about this shirt mate? is it cool? what color is it? is it printed with something?

hey another tease of this shirt, i asked superlord to send in pics, what do you know about this shirt mate? is it cool? what color is it? is it printed with something?[/quote:26m4g851] i dont think it’s out yet :lol:

i dont think it’s out yet :lol:[/quote:1mwiplce]
      that’s for sure superlord but i bought this new zero shirt and when this spfreaks shirt is cool i want it also. (don’t let the wife read this haha)

i dont think it’s out yet :lol:[/quote:1sdbfz93]
      that’s for sure superlord but i bought this new zero shirt and when this spfreaks shirt is cool i want it also. (don’t let the wife read this haha)[/quote:1sdbfz93] haha dont worry – just dont let her catch you :lol:

haha dont worry – just dont let her catch you :lol:[/quote:2500fsvt]
      no way! seriously, this spfreaks site makes collecting a cool thing for old rockers like me and i wanna show off i’m a cool collector (huhum, yeah right) so that’s why i’m curious about it

haha dont worry – just dont let her catch you :lol:[/quote:3810jj6f]
      no way! seriously, this spfreaks site makes collecting a cool thing for old rockers like me and i wanna show off i’m a cool collector (huhum, yeah right) so that’s why i’m curious about it[/quote:3810jj6f] haha fair enough :) (by the way, if you’re gonna call yourself ;cool’ you gotta use the sunglasses 8) )

(by the way, if you’re gonna call yourself ;cool’ you gotta use the sunglasses 8) )[/quote:3bw1igu4]
      nope, it’s copyrighted by arthur already 8)

Arthur
      Spectator

(by the way, if you’re gonna call yourself ;cool’ you gotta use the sunglasses 8) )[/quote:15u921uw]
      nope, it’s copyrighted by arthur already 8)[/quote:15u921uw]
      I JUST happen to read that! :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

The Fox Theatre has contacted me saying that they have recieved word that audio recording is OK, they are still waiting for the video part to be allowed. Also, Ticketmaster is going to be contacted to post a statement in regards to the recording at SP shows as well.[/quote:hxw61f8t] if you do audio record it, would it be possible if you split it up (into each song) put them in a .zip folder, and then upload it to megauploads/sendspace/yousendit please? i like having live songs, and if i could have an entire show that would be great! if, however, you dont reckon the quality is good at all… then dont worry about it. i dont want them to be unlistenable :lol:[/quote:hxw61f8t]
      But I was here for Superlordspamulon actually. Can I ask you a favor Superlordspamulon, since you seem to like live music? It would be helpful to SPfreaks when after you download a complete show, check on Tour & Recording History if it’s there and then: could you take notes of how long each track is (NOT the MP3 length, as it contains stage banter etc! but the actual song from startnote till endnote) and email it to us on @spfreaks.com">spf-contact@spfreaks.com? I will upload that info on there, but you will get the credits for the job of course. Same question to BleedingTheOrchid and others. Really, it would be very helpful I noticed this weekend working on it. My smiley for that job I did would be :roll: !!!

But I was here for Superlordspamulon actually. Can I ask you a favor Superlordspamulon, since you seem to like live music? It would be helpful to SPfreaks when after you download a complete show, check on Tour & Recording History if it’s there and then: could you take notes of how long each track is (NOT the MP3 length, as it contains stage banter etc! but the actual song from startnote till endnote) and email it to us on @spfreaks.com">spf-contact@spfreaks.com? I will upload that info on there, but you will get the credits for the job of course. Same question to BleedingTheOrchid and others. Really, it would be very helpful I noticed this weekend working on it. My smiley for that job I did would be :roll: !!![/quote:3kktz9z8] hah i’ll try :)

yeah same here though i listen to the streams mostly, and they dont have the counter if i’m right. can understand its a timeconsuming job however, but i’m not sure how helpful i can be. gonna give it a try ok

Arthur
      Spectator

Thanks, it’s really appreciated! Just see what you guys can do on that part, we could divide tasks for example. 1 of you (Superlordspamulon?) is only doing the newest uploads on Archive.org of the 2007 tour, I will do 1990 – 1996 (1988-1990 is already done by me, all of 2007 also, working on \"Smashing Pumpkins Live at Théâtre de Plein Air on 2007-08-19 (August 19, 2007)\" now as we speak) and somebody else (BleedingTheOrchid?) will do 1997-2000? Of course I’m not asking you to send me emails every day, but just the tracklengths of all songs of a live concert every now and then would be pretty nice already. Deal?

Thanks, it’s really appreciated! Just see what you guys can do on that part, we could divide tasks for example. 1 of you (Superlordspamulon?) is only doing the newest uploads on Archive.org of the 2007 tour, I will do 1990 – 1996 (1988-1990 is already done by me, all of 2007 also, working on "Smashing Pumpkins Live at Théâtre de Plein Air on 2007-08-19 (August 19, 2007)" now as we speak) and somebody else (BleedingTheOrchid?) will do 1997-2000? Of course I’m not asking you to send me emails every day, but just the tracklengths of all songs of a live concert every now and then would be pretty nice already. Deal?[/quote:3hjxikba]i’ll try, i’ll do what i can and when i can :)

hey. i’m a punkrocker mate, no library employee something! deal. 8)

Arthur
      Spectator

hey. i’m a punkrocker mate, no library employee something! deal. 8)[/quote:3hhx1s58]
      Cool! Same to you Superlordspamulon. Now back to the subject please, sorry to interrupt toad32r. It was about the taping and recording policy of the Smashing Pumpkins, which is opened up by Archive.org and I must say: I’m extremely happy this happened! I have enjoyed many concerts already, lots of new songs (listen to Superchrist please, you love it BleedingTheOrchid, it rocks!) and sometimes very funny stage banter!

Rock on guys!
      Arthur

Its kind of funny actually, I was the first person in line when the tix went on sale, I had back surgery awhile ago that messed me up, i have to use a cane to get around. Ticketmaster assigned me these seats due to walking difficulty. Maybe i found one shining light to having a stupid cane…lol!!![/quote:2zfk6ir6]
      yeah i read your story about it in the getting deep thread i believe, sorry to hear that. however recording that show with that spfreaks shirt on and being in the dvd at the same time, rocking your cane around (hidden mic inside? :lol: ), can you believe it? i’m getting jealous here actually thinking about it. you really would have your 5 minutes of fame toad32r!

listen to Superchrist please, you love it BleedingTheOrchid, it rocks![/quote:2x7ds7ux]
      yup true

Viewing 29 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.