Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author

blueczarina
      Spectator

Today I have created another category, called Magazines. Lately there have been send in sooooo many magazines with Smashing Pumpkins on the cover or the band being highlighted in a review or other type of article, so I thought it would make sense to have that in a separate category also. I even remember that I announced such a thing before…

Anyway, here is the very first entry in that new category, send in by a good friend from Taiwan.

http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=2629

And, as usual, please send in your stuffs if you have more of this!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Good job Arthur.

No good deed goes unpunished, so here’s a punch to the face. *smack*

Anonymous
      Spectator

this shall been interesting watching new things pop up in this section

mr.benway
      Spectator

JamesIha
      Spectator

haha
      Went up to the attic yesterday and picked down all my old SP posters and magazines.
      Thought of asking if I should send in them also as items.
      Well the answer is already here!

Great to see more items coming.

Can add that almost all my magazines are tradeble/buyable if the deal is good :-)

mr.benway
      Spectator

I’ll send you (= SPFreaks) scans for these magazines (see pictures above)

– Circus, US, September 1998 (+ article scanned)
      – Il Mucchio, Italy, June 1998
      – Intro, Germany, October 1995
      – L’Indie, France, No.23 1996
      – Musica, Italy, January 2000
      – Paste, US, June 2005
      – Pulse, US or Canada?, September 1993 (+ article scanned)
      – Pulse, US or Canada?, July 1998
      – Risen, US, November 2004
      – Rock Star, Italy, March 2000
      – Rolling Stone, Germany, August 2008 (supplement of the regular German Rolling Stone)
      [/quote:24flxgnw]

it’s difficult to scan all articles:
      – some pages are to large for the scanner (i.e rolling stone)
      – can’t flip the magazine wide open to scan the pages

the risen-magazine (from 2004) has some nice billy photos and an interesting interview, but
      i can’t scan the pages properly. can’t open the magazine wide enough (it has an glued binding).
      has anyone a hint how i can handle this (without disrupting the pages/magazine)?

JamesIha
      Spectator

well if you got a god camera and flash then it’s easier.
      I prefer the camera instead of scanner. Then of course there can be bends or thing you need to fix, but Paint shop pro is great for that. Can fix perspectives and skew easy.
      But you need to have a proper picture in the first place. If the goal is to be able to read the article.
      And I suppose it is :-)

mr.benway
      Spectator

well if you got a god camera and flash then it’s easier.
      But you need to have a proper picture in the first place. If the goal is to be able to read the article.
      And I suppose it is :-)[/quote:37nkg0fi]
      Yepp!
      I have only a little digital camera, but i’ll try. And it sounds like a lot of work.

blueczarina
      Spectator

well if you got a god camera [/quote:3staklx5]

i’ve never seen a "god camera," do you have pictures? :lol: :wink:

JamesIha
      Spectator

hm, not for your human eyes :-)

Sorry, but my swedish shined through. Good is god in swedish….

Arthur
      Spectator

Looks like you have done a fair share of work already on your own Smashing Pumpkins website, Mr.Benway. I’m impressed. 8)

Even found some things we never heard of on this website. And there is probably much more, right? :shock:

blueczarina
      Spectator

hm, not for your human eyes :-)

Sorry, but my swedish shined through. Good is god in swedish….[/quote:ymmclh7x]

haha :lol:

and what’s your pumpkin site Mr. Benway? :wink:

mr.benway
      Spectator

Arthur
      Spectator

I’ll scan these items in the next weeks.[/quote:3u5istoq]
      I love you mr.benway, in a collecting freaks’ way (as good ol’ member bullet would say :wink: )

Since when have you been working on that website? What is your ultimate goal with it? Maybe we can be at help from our side, we from SPfreaks.com? 8)

mr.benway
      Spectator

I’ll scan these items in the next weeks.[/quote:3vszfytk]
      I love you mr.benway, in a collecting freaks’ way (as good ol’ member bullet would say :wink: )

Since when have you been working on that website? What is your ultimate goal with it? Maybe we can be at help from our side, we from SPfreaks.com? 8)[/quote:3vszfytk]
      Back in 2002 i’ve visited an html/css-training and i needed an topic for a website.
      So the equation was: collecting Smashing Pumpkins + html/css = first own website :)
      The first version was online April 2003. Over the years i’ve added more and more items and scans and
      the layout has changed 2 or 3 times. So now it’s an almost complete presentation of my Smashing Pumpkins and Zwan Collection.
      And there is also a little section with my Sub Pop Promo Collection 8). No ultimate goal.

And i appreciate your and the other SPFreaks-Members work. And it’s fun to be a little part of the SPFreaks and the ultimate Smashing Pumpkins Collection.

Arthur
      Spectator

And there is also a little section with my Sub Pop Promo Collection 8). No ultimate goal. And i appreciate your and the other SPFreaks-Members work. And it’s fun to be a little part of the SPFreaks and the ultimate Smashing Pumpkins Collection.[/quote:3ohp5i21]
      Again, glad to have you around mr.benway, you have become a great source of material, which is happily uploaded every time you provide it. And yeah, I noticed that pretty cool Sub Pop promo collection, I had so much fun & a few wow! moments when I browsed that part!

mr.benway
      Spectator

And yeah, I noticed that pretty cool Sub Pop promo collection, I had so much fun & a few wow! moments when I browsed that part![/quote:2ghqh18q]
      Thanks. It’s like an alternative Sub Pop Catalog. Unfortunatly Sub Pop stopped manufacturing the Advance Promo Copies. The Full Album Promos are now only available on CDR. :evil: This is a Collectors Nightmare.

Tion
      Spectator

here is an article about zwan in a german music mag…
      it came out one week after the incredible berlin concert
      (18. feb. 2003).
      its a long interview about their live performance here
      in germany/ berlin.
      billy talked about \"zwan\" as best, cheap masturbation… :shock:
      and his love to scorpions….

not really a pumpkin artikel, but i guess nice to see.
      (i specially like the layout)
      <a href="http://www.bilder-space.de/show.php?file=20.1247VYbzRQewzyPpX.jpg:qjxd2tzj][/url:qjxd2tzj”>
      <a href="http://www.bilder-space.de/show.php?file=20.12huKjTIhwiljT7Xb.jpg:qjxd2tzj][/url:qjxd2tzj”>
      <a href="http://www.bilder-space.de/show.php?file=20.12jN4n0DUvZi1faQq.jpg:qjxd2tzj][/url:qjxd2tzj”>
      <a href="http://www.bilder-space.de/show.php?file=20.123xgJU0OiOu7QfN4.jpg:qjxd2tzj][/url:qjxd2tzj”>

blueczarina
      Spectator

thats a cool looking cover :wink:

Viewing 18 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.