Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author

Cool As Ice Cream
      Spectator

Is there any word on what the new single from Zeitgeist is?

not that i am aware of

although my money is probably on (CO)LG!

and welcome to the forum ij0771!

hope you stick around :wink:

lilkitn
      Spectator

I’d love it to be either ‘Bleeding the Orchid’ or ‘7 Shades of Black’… that would make me very happy. :D

im with ya lilkitn! 8)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Going out on a limb here. I don’t think there will be any more singles.

ij0771
      Spectator

hmm, why not?

If there’s a next single off Zeitgeist, I really hope it won’t be (Come On) Let’s Go!

I prefer Bleeding the Orchid, or 7 Shades of Black, like mentioned earlier. Or maybe Bring the Light. The song isn’t perfect, but it has some potential. I heard some US radio stations started playing Bring the Light regularly when Zeitgeist came out, without it being a single.

Tree_Spirit
      Spectator

I believe there will be more singles to come.I wouldn’t expect nothing less from Billy.Why wouldn’t you think he wouldn’t release more?I mean creative person he is,i say ,there be more to come.I don’t think he just stop creating song because he on tour.So wouldn’t shock me see more singles release.Well i pray there be more :lol:

Maybe they’re out of b-sides.

You have to agree they squeezed as much as possible out of Death from Above, Stellar, Zeitgeist and Ma Belle; using them as b-sides and bonus tracks on many different releases.
      Releasing the next single with Ma Belle as b-side would be really pushing it. On the other hand, Ma Belle didn’t get a release outside of the USA yet, so maybe that’s exactly what will happen. I hope not though.

Maybe, and this really is wishful thinking, maybe they’ll record Gossamer and release that as a single? Or maybe as an E.P?

i doubt it. it’d be pretty cool if that did happen though :)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Not sure. Maybe I phrased that wrong. I think Bleeding the Orchid is too long for radio play. I don’t think Billy would release 7 Shades of Black, as he commented on how it came from a place similar to where he was writing Siamese Dream. He would probably view that as rehashing.

Come on Let’s Go or Bring the Light are good guesses. Doomsday Clock already came out on the soundtrack. Machina had what, Stand Inside Your Love and I of the Mourning? Everlasting Gaze was never released as a single.

Adore had Ava Adore and Perfect. To Sheila and Crestfallen got some crappy promos, but no airplay.

Just seems to me no more singles from the big bad Zeitgeist.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Maybe, and this really is wishful thinking, maybe they’ll record Gossamer and release that as a single? Or maybe as an E.P?

i doubt it. it’d be pretty cool if that did happen though :)[/quote:3uwzg51l]

Good point. They did record that for inclusion on some sort of release. Wonder is it will be a single or what?

They could still decide to take Doomsday Clock anyway.

Arthur
      Spectator

There will be no more singles, mark my words. They pushed it over the top already with many Zeitgeist versions with a few bonustracks, and the single release dates were known quite early.

My wildest guess is: the band is taking a rest now, they will tour next year like hell again, and start recording a new album by the end of 2008, to be released in 2009. Billy Corgan has this habit to release an album every 2 year on average. Another wild guess: Smashing Pumpkins, The Live Album, to be released end of Summer (or early Fall) 2008. This will include Gossamer and some other live hits, like Heavy Metal Machine and Set The Ray To Jerry. Last guess: May 2008 will see another demo tape/CD being leaked.

I wished I was Billy Corgan’s marketing guy… :wink:

My wildest guess is: the band is taking a rest now, they will tour next year like hell again, and start recording a new album by the end of 2008, to be released in 2009. Billy Corgan has this habit to release an album every 2 year on average. Another wild guess: Smashing Pumpkins, The Live Album, to be released end of Summer (or early Fall) 2008. This will include Gossamer and some other live hits, like Heavy Metal Machine and Set The Ray To Jerry. Last guess: May 2008 will see another demo tape/CD being leaked.[/quote:3lo3jqau]
      Are you gonna guess any specific dates?

Please do. I wanna see how accurate your guesswork is :wink:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

The live album makes sense. Good guess.

Zeitgeist Live.

ij0771
      Spectator

It be great, do you think it would be 2 disc, because gossamer is like 25 minutes?

It be great, do you think it would be 2 disc, because gossamer is like 25 minutes?[/quote:3fjfu6bi]
      yeah i hope so! but this is rumor only right?

the more i think about it, the more it makes sense that they would release another european single next year, when they start touring europe again. and with ma belle as b-side.

Viewing 18 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.