Viewing 29 reply threads
  • Author

Cool As Ice Cream
      Spectator

I’ve got some fresh news ! (or… i think so !)

As i don’t have to much to do (today), i lost myself trough myspace, and ended up in Audrey Kitching’s page. I don’t know anything about her, but she seems to be famous in US. I don’t know…

Well i saw her blog, and there it was \" thursday were being super sexy 70s nurses in the new smashing pumpkins video. i dont think its a all day and night shoot either wich i fully back! \"

Sexy nurses?! ahahaha i wonder what music is !

Do you know anything about it?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I’ve not heard anything about a new video, this is exciting though!! I’ve heard talk about Neverlost being released, or at leat it’s being played on the radio.

isn’t there going to be a video for superchrist?

edit: yes, there is. see this thread: http://forum.spfreaks.com/viewtopic.php?t=357 (hadn’t read it before i made this post…)

Pipoka
      Spectator

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/news_3229?page=1

yes, it’s superchrist video, and will be on myspace tomorrow !

http://www.anjo.to

just in case anybody would like it on their iPod video 8)

Pipoka
      Spectator

http://www.anjo.to

just in case anybody would like it on their iPod video 8)[/quote:23kqjtbd]

that’s cool.
      i know onw similar http://www.youtubex.com, but it only works with youtube videos

thanks ! :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

Pipoka
      Spectator

:roll: what do you think of it ?

I thought it was pretty good, although i prefer the AOL sessions version more.

Reminded me of Gish for some reason :)

Personally, i think it was too short. It so needed some super extended crescendo at the end, kind of like Silverfuck.

Guys!

Arthur
      Spectator

Guys! Ripping and circulating the audio is very very wrong![/quote:ql4f1f96]
      Yes it is. Somebody must be a real lowlife to do such awful thing. :wink:

Thanks for reminding us Superlordspamulon. 8)

Guys! Ripping and circulating the audio is very very wrong![/quote:257qu4xj]
      Yes it is. Somebody must be a real lowlife to do such awful thing. :wink:

Thanks for reminding us Superlordspamulon. 8)[/quote:257qu4xj]
      No problem :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

🙄 what do you think of it ?[/quote:3bbta32p]
      I love it. Weird song, weird clip.

Pipoka
      Spectator

🙄 what do you think of it ?[/quote:12biiamr]
      I love it. Weird song, weird clip.[/quote:12biiamr]

I agree with you, when you say weird song, weird video, but i don’t love it…. just like it.

didn’t understand why the nurses … :roll:
      but i like the angel in black in the end….

:roll:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Um….

What the fuck was THAT???????? Why is Jerry Garcia playing guitar? Where are Ginger and Jeff? Why does the song seem to go absolutely nowhere?

The ONLY redeeming thing about the video is the grainy camera work. Nothing about that song or video makes any sense. It’s like Billy’s cryptic writing style has completely taken over all his artistic endevours as of late. Is it just me? I almost don’t understand anything the Smashing Pumpkins do anymore. I can’t be this old and jaded already!!!!

Pipoka
      Spectator

Um….

What the fuck was THAT???????? Why is Jerry Garcia playing guitar? Where are Ginger and Jeff? Why does the song seem to go absolutely nowhere?

The ONLY redeeming thing about the video is the grainy camera work. Nothing about that song or video makes any sense. It’s like Billy’s cryptic writing style has completely taken over all his artistic endevours as of late. Is it just me? I almost don’t understand anything the Smashing Pumpkins do anymore. I can’t be this old and jaded already!!!![/quote:i39vj10x]

Yes, i don’t understand why Ginger and Jeff (and Lisa…) are not on the video… It’s almost like their participation in the band is resumed to them playing in the concerts…
      When i saw some pictures of London at the Zavvi store , i was expecting to see the whole band too…

Arthur
      Spectator

When i saw some pictures of London at the Zavvi store , i was expecting to see the whole band too…[/quote:28ok15ik]
      Smashing Pumpkins is basically Billy and Jimmy together, and all other members are hired, either for the tour or for acting in clips and videos. We all love Lisa, Ginger and Jeff, but they just get some good bucks to come on stage and play during the tours. However, I heard from insiders the atmosphere in the band is phenomenally good, like a rockin’ family! But… in the end Billy and Jimmy are the bosses and the main figures, they decide where to go and what to do next. So Lisa and Ginger probably went shopping in London, and Jeff probably had a hangover… :wink:

I love the Superchrist video for several reasons. It’s weird, and I love it when the Pumpkins do weird stuffs. It’s underground, I just love that underground atmosphere. It gives food for discussions amongst the fans. However, that Jesus-like figure is a bit too much on the foreground if you ask me…

Pipoka
      Spectator

yeah… i know that. what i meant to say was that i would prefer to see them more, not only in videos and concerts… but it’s just a personal wish…

the jesus figure is the old man with big long hair? i think my disapointment on the video is because it is focoused so much on him ! but i like it, it’s just not one of my favorites.

:wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

it’s just not one of my favorites.

:wink:[/quote:656vkodn]
      OK OK got ya! 8)

What is your favourite Smashing Pumpkins video then?

Pipoka
      Spectator

I really like the first videos, but i think my favorite has to be ava adore.

:)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I really like the first videos, but i think my favorite has to be ava adore.

:)[/quote:29ykodw8]

I second that… :)

Arthur
      Spectator

Does anyone know the lyrics of Superchrist?

Does anyone know the lyrics of Superchrist?[/quote:2twolxta]

Alas, google avails nothing :(

Arthur
      Spectator

Yeah that’s what I found out also… But I badly need them for our first official Superchrist upload.

http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=2111

Yeah that’s what I found out also… But I badly need them for our first official Superchrist upload.

http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=2111[/quote:2zwvnwly]

I guess we’ll have to interpret them. I can’t atm because of homework/NIN’s ghosts. But maybe later :wink:

http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=2111[/quote:2221rhj3]

Screw homework, this took about 5 minutes. I went through it (thankfully little in the way of words, so wasn’t too taxing) and this is what i’ve got:

Evolution
      Dissolution (It’s illusion?)
      Rise
      One solution
      One takes you beyond
      This love
      And mine
      Before I
      Leave
      Aaaah

Love
      (This day)
      Love
      Love
      (Love is it’s clave(?))

Lines in brackets i’m unsure of, or are possible alternatives. I have NO IDEA what that last line is, it’s a complete phonetic guess, sorry
      :(

blueczarina
      Spectator

I was listening to some live versions of the song and I think Superlordspamulon’s lyrics are mostly right. On my concert audio he clearly says \"dissolution\", but at the end of the first part he seems to be singing \"before I leave time,\" he just sings out on the \"time\" part obscuring it I think. The last lines though, sound like \"love is his claim\" (Christ?). :)

Arthur
      Spectator

I was listening to some live versions of the song and I think Superlordspamulon’s lyrics are mostly right. On my concert audio he clearly says "dissolution", but at the end of the first part he seems to be singing "before I leave time," he just sings out on the "time" part obscuring it I think. The last lines though, sound like "love is his claim" (Christ?). :)[/quote:2heeywg0]
      Thanks, both of you! All in all I made it like this, the lyrics of Superchrist:

Evolution
      Dissolution
      Rise
      One solution
      One takes you beyond
      This love
      And mine
      Before I
      Leave
      Time
      Aaaah

Love
      This day
      Love
      Love
      Love is his claim

Purely from the studio version, there is no time as i can make out.
      So i don’t think that it should necessarily be included. (Unless Aaaah is actually tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime)

(Unless Aaaah is actually tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime)[/quote:141ydic9]
      that’s what i hear.

Viewing 29 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.