Viewing 61 reply threads
  • Author

blueczarina
      Spectator

@studiodog great news, just got word first SP track is coming out within the next week! get ready…[/quote:39mhyfb9]
      ^^^^this was from Kerry Brown’s twitter
      so next week for sure? but which day?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

sorta excited. :?

amnesia
      Spectator

Wonder if its a studio version of Song For A Son we will get.

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

I almost lost of all my excitement for the release of this song.

I used to excited back in October but we’ll just have to hear how the song sounds when it comes out to rekindle my faith. :D

Anonymous
      Spectator

I’m excited :D
      soon enough we will have it

some pumpkins
      Spectator

good stuff

Anonymous
      Spectator

I’m looking forward to it, I’ve been ‘training’ with Gish all week. :D :) Not that Gish is of any particular reference, though… Or is it… :) :D

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

It might be, we will just have to wait and find out. :D

mirrorboxer
      Spectator

Here we go again…

Arthur
      Spectator

Here we go again…[/quote:1exup2wq]
      For some stupid reason this brought the Whitesnake song "Here I go again" in my mind, and that cracked me up! :lol:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Studiodog : Just finished a great bday party 4 my son. Heading back 2 Chicago 2nite. I think the first SP song is coming out 2morrow [monday]

manillascissor
      Keymaster

amnesia
      Spectator

Such a beautiful song.I love it, yet the live version is a lil better. 8)

Seems i was right, about this was the song to be released. :P

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Such a beautiful song.I love it, yet the live version is a lil better. 8)

Seems i was right, about this was the song to be released. :P[/quote:24uu1k1g]

Song for an Ayoe. Happy Birthday!

amnesia
      Spectator

Thanks Derek. :wink:

Such a nice birthday present Billy gave me today :P

amnesia
      Spectator

Got company here, what am im doin? Playing Song For A son out loud.
      Even my dad thinks this song is pretty awesome.Well i dont blame the old guy really. :)

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

Happy birthday Ms.Ayoe.X :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

sweet song! 8) i can’t wait for the EP. and i like this version better than the live. its cool with the background music.

now for Ayoe :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

Happy Birthday, Ayoe, twenty-five at last. :) :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

Happy Birthday, Ayoe, twenty-five at last. :) :wink:[/quote:1d05ml7r]
      Kiddo’s finaly a little more mature. Was about time. :P

Happy Birthday Ayoe and Carrie! :D

some pumpkins
      Spectator

Thanks Derek. :wink:

Such a nice birthday present Billy gave me today :P[/quote:1zifdwl0]

i told billy to do that for you.

happy birthday ayoe!

Arthur
      Spectator

Can we download it somewhere too? (The song, not Ayoe or Carrie :P )

mr.benway
      Spectator

@Ayoe and Carrie:

amnesia
      Spectator

Thanks freaks. :)

And happy brithday to Carrie as well. :)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Can we download it somewhere too? (The song, not Ayoe or Carrie :P )[/quote:35sl4v6s]

you can only download from people ripping from the stream, so i don’t think you’d want to bother. it is supposed to be available @ sp.com either tuesday or wednesday.

which means january.

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

I really like the song musically……but the vocals are way too high and i’d say the drums are too low also.

I do really like the song,but Billy was always gonna have his voice waaay up there.

blueczarina
      Spectator

Can we download it somewhere too? (The song, not Ayoe or Carrie :P )[/quote:lywe2n7e]

you can only download from people ripping from the stream, so i don’t think you’d want to bother. it is supposed to be available @ sp.com either tuesday or wednesday.

which means january.[/quote:lywe2n7e]

i like Benway’s happy faces and Derek’s "which means january" comment makes me laugh. everything does take forever on that site. :lol:

some pumpkins
      Spectator

Can we download it somewhere too? (The song, not Ayoe or Carrie :P )[/quote:3tntoczz]

which means january.[/quote:3tntoczz]

2 hours and 8 minutes

and happy birthday too carrie! im sorry i didn’t catch that earlier.

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

Now available for download on Smashing Pumpkins website.

Get your copy of A Song for A Son today. :D
      Wow, I can’t believe I’m up right now…..

blueczarina
      Spectator

yay for the download and the new site design is interesting, but i don’t like that they killed all of the user features. i had a PM to answer over there. :?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

LOL @ new design

mr.benway
      Spectator

LOL @ new design[/quote:3s3ks1rv]
      Begun the Fool’s Journey has!

blueczarina
      Spectator

LOL @ new design[/quote:2rhzm9uf]

haha, you and Benway. :P i agree though. and i don’t mean to be negative, but the new site design looks more like one of those cheap blogspots than the website for a rock band.

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

GASP!, when did you see my blogspot? :lol:

I knew I should have hidden it better.

blueczarina
      Spectator

you should have. :P the sp have now stolen it.

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

They must have snuck on there and stole my poetry for their new song as well.

I want my 25 cents for that song Billy. :x

Wow that was random, more about the song. Well, I think it is a pretty good starting point for the album but I’m waiting for some more songs to set my opinion on this album.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i have decided although i like his instrumentals on this version i kind of like his vocals on the live versions better.

as for the other stuff i haven’t heard any of it so i can’t say. when school gets out in a couple days i plan on finally downloading some of these gigs he has been doing.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

they are definately worth it blue.

Anonymous
      Spectator

Can we download it somewhere too? (The song, not Ayoe or Carrie :P )[/quote:cl293xkx]

which means january.[/quote:cl293xkx]

i already feel like i am downloaded somehow :?
      Happy late b-day Ayoe :D
      the song is freaking awesome.
      and i am sure i could say other things but i can’t remember what all i read in this thread.

Arthur
      Spectator

Finally I had the chance to properly listen to it, and I have to say: HATS OFF! 8)

mirrorboxer
      Spectator

…and i don’t mean to be negative, but the new site design looks more like one of those cheap blogspots than the website for a rock band.[/quote:1tbztckp]

I rather like the look of the watercolor art. Especially the boat view from inside the Kaleidyscope. It strikes me the same way as the line "…he sailed without a map". I have no idea what the boat or the lyrics mean, but I feel moved by both in an indescribable way.

Arthur
      Spectator

Nicely said, mirrorboxer. :)

But all the features that have gone from the SP.com site is a miss.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i don’t mind the colors. i like it better than Malibu Billy i just think it seems a bit minimal making it a couple of RSS feeds and a music player.

shampoo
      Spectator

I’m a little bit sad that they got rid of the old site. Some of it was pointless but I thought the articles and band posts should have been kept. I think it’s lazy just to link to hipsters united for any news. It seems like they’ve just stopped putting any effort into it now. I’m still hoping they’ll change it but Billy seems to be much more interested in his new spiritual website.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I’m a little bit sad that they got rid of the old site. Some of it was pointless but I thought the articles and band posts should have been kept. I think it’s lazy just to link to hipsters united for any news. It seems like they’ve just stopped putting any effort into it now. I’m still hoping they’ll change it but Billy seems to be much more interested in his new spiritual website.[/quote:18r91tt4]

Yeah, which is fine. I’m not into it at all, so, whatever. As long as he’s focused on making good music, that’s all that matters to me. I was not really into the sp.com website anyway.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i’m not into his spiritual site either nor was i big on sp.com. i just used the PM function a lot over there.

Anonymous
      Spectator

Very disappointed with the way sp.com turned out: Started promising and made some great new friends there, bringing people from all over. I built up a respectful ‘toplist’ to salute those who have given so much to the SP Community over the years. The site changes, wrecks accounts and takes the swish stuff away, seemingly not to be replaced. If that’s the ‘support’ from an official forum, then no wonder there’s so much whining (not dining) in the ‘lil remaining Pumpkin Patch. :?

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, there wasn’t much warning before they killed the place.

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

I know what you mean but it really didn’t affect me considering I never went to the main site.

But without warning they really just poofed those features away. :D
      So when do you guys think the next song will be released?

dunno.

i kinda miss the old site. i actually did use my profile page some. i know i was in the minority. i am used to not having it now but still miss it. oh well :P

Anonymous
      Spectator

I liked the main site, but I’m over it
      you can find these people around the net at different Pumpkin places so it’s all about how you communicate.
      I for one like the new site he is working on.
      And as for teh new song-I’m anxiously awaiting the arrival for it :D
      soon plz Billy :wink:

amnesia
      Spectator

Hopefully a new song will see the daylight right after the new year, we can only hope.

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

The new song is to be released on Monday.

anyone excited?

amnesia
      Spectator

Which one is it? Astral Planes maybe.

Im sure looking forward.

Danni
      Spectator

Well, yah. The new tune (Astral Planes) kicked butt quite a bit. Why does SP always have to surprise me like this. Just when one had counted \"them\" out.

So: when were SP supposed to play the Tonight Show w/ Jay Leno?

amnesia
      Spectator

I agree, Astral Planes took me by surprise as well, its very good, not as briliant as Song for Son, but better then Widow, and million times better then Stitchy.

Love the bass play on Astral Planes 8)

I think they gonna play tonight, not sure though correct me if im wrong.

I think they gonna play tonight, not sure though correct me if im wrong.[/quote:2gljrw3x]
      You think they are going to play what tonight? You left out an important part of the sentence.

Arthur
      Spectator

You think they are going to play what tonight? You left out an important part of the sentence.[/quote:3gw0ft9x]
      This is what SP.com emailed around on April the 16th.

"While in Los Angeles, The Smashing Pumpkins will perform "Widow Wake My Mind" on NBC’s "Tonight Show with Jay Leno" Tuesday, April 20."

blueczarina
      Spectator

i don’t like Widow, but i’m watching that. :wink:

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

Same here, I hated the repetitive nature of Widow and Astral Planes but I will still go back to watch him perform these live. :)

It’s like a disease I can’t get away from, but at the same time he still is good live so..

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, he usually brings something extra to all of his live performances that makes it a worthwhile watch.

Viewing 61 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.