Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author

some pumpkins
      Spectator

not sure, but for some the link is not working, but I got it :D

http://smashingpumpkins.com.s3.amazonaw … y-Mind.mp3

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

I’m not sure how I feel about this song yet. :?

I’m not really into it after the first listen but maybe it will grow on me.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

it’s not working for me!!! and i thought it was coming out tomorrow?

got it off the board :)

you copied the link incorrectly. it contains \"…\". well done. :lol:

amnesia
      Spectator

Thanks Bram.

Heard it a couple of times, Not sure what to think of it, song is a lil to long for me.

i haven’t listened to it yet. i’m not really interested.

god, i’m such an awful fan. forgive me, billy. please. :cry: :( billyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :(

amnesia
      Spectator

I must say the drumming is very awful, i miss Jimmy :(

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

Yeah the drumming is pretty bad in this song but I guess we will have to move on from Jimmy’s drumming.

Well, I have listened to this song a couple of times now and it really hasn’t done anything for me. I guess I’ll just wait for the next song then.

marigold
      Spectator

I like it, although I get the feeling if I listen to it too much, I’m gonna get sick of it. :?

blueczarina
      Spectator

i heard it last night. i don’t like it. its a bit annoying vocal wise and the drumming sucks, but i guess that’s a 10 year old drummer for you. :wink:

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

zwan b-side. :(

blueczarina
      Spectator

yup, pretty much.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

have you guys heard the remastered mp3 version of wwmm from the hollywood spirits show? i think that performance, and audio, really captures this song at its best. you can hear how caught up in the moment everyone is. the performance seemed so effortless. (once they eventually got the song goin) i’m just not loving, but am satisfied with, how these first 2 tracks are translating from the studio. i think, and this is just my stupid opinion, that he might be trying too hard to make these into \"pumpkin sounding\" songs. maybe over analyzing things. like there’s too many elements to the songs. not so much in sfas. that song is dramatic and has many ups downs and was written with alot of elements in mind. (hope that makes sense) i mean more so in wwmm. i’m really missing the acoustic guitar as being the centerpiece of the song. the song seemed more powerful and meaningful to me with an acoustic. i kinda feel these first two songs don’t have as much of an organic vibe as i was hoping for. but i guess that’s to be expected a little bit when translating from a live performance to a studio recording. the studio renditions have basically remained structuraly the same as they were first introduced to us, but i feel like they were just a bit overdone. one example is the keyboard breakdown part at the 4:04 mark in sfas. im referring to, in my opinion, that almost video game sounding tone he went with. i don’t really love it. i think the way lisa played it in 08” sounded better. i think it was a better effect and rhythm. and i also like that sfas was played at a slower tempo in 08”. again, just me rambling here. there’s still 42 songs to go. and there are so many songs to look forward to. and i still like how these songs turned out. i think they came out beautiful. i just hope some of the many more to come are a bit more stripped down. sorry for the rant. :roll:

amnesia
      Spectator

Personalliy i think Song For A Son studio version is EPIC, i love the studio version, every singel second of that song, but yeah, first time i heard it, the live version was way better.I think the studio version is so dramatic, fillied with emotions, i still listen to it 1 or 2 times daily.

Widow Wake My Mind is pretty mediocre, i got bored with that song pretty fast and that suck, oh well.

The next song can only be better, im sure of that. :)

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

I was hoping for less vocals in the mix(again) and hoping for more in the drumming technique. I think the drums are too minimal.I really think our new drummer could make these new songs something very special,if he’s allowed to just go for it.Obviously not just for the sake of it though.

Just to conclude……it’s an alright song………just not great.

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

Listening to the ‘oh,oh’ bits kinda reminds me of Led Zeps ‘d’yer maker’.

Coming to think of it……song for a son has kinda stairway to heaven parts?

Hope the new song sounds like ‘misty mountain hop’. :lol:

i thought it sounded pretty good. i kinda like it better than the studio version of SFAS.

Anonymous
      Spectator

I think it’s sounds good, although I can say I am fond of the live version of it Brandon and maybe that’s what we are used to, but live vs. studio is simply not the same. I still like this WWMM the piano in it reminds me of my childhood, so believe it or not the song makes me sad :lol:

some pumpkins
      Spectator

the hollywood show mp3 rendition always made me feel really good

some pumpkins
      Spectator

have you guys heard the remastered mp3 version of wwmm from the hollywood spirits show? i think that performance, and audio, really captures this song at its best. you can hear how caught up in the moment everyone is. the performance seemed so effortless. (once they eventually got the song goin) i’m just not loving, but am satisfied with, how these first 2 tracks are translating from the studio. i think, and this is just my stupid opinion, that he might be trying too hard to make these into "pumpkin sounding" songs. maybe over analyzing things. like there’s too many elements to the songs. not so much in sfas. that song is dramatic and has many ups downs and was written with alot of elements in mind. (hope that makes sense) i mean more so in wwmm. i’m really missing the acoustic guitar as being the centerpiece of the song. the song seemed more powerful and meaningful to me with an acoustic. i kinda feel these first two songs don’t have as much of an organic vibe as i was hoping for. but i guess that’s to be expected a little bit when translating from a live performance to a studio recording. the studio renditions have basically remained structuraly the same as they were first introduced to us, but i feel like they were just a bit overdone. one example is the keyboard breakdown part at the 4:04 mark in sfas. im referring to, in my opinion, that almost video game sounding tone he went with. i don’t really love it. i think the way lisa played it in 08” sounded better. i think it was a better effect and rhythm. and i also like that sfas was played at a slower tempo in 08”. again, just me rambling here. there’s still 42 songs to go. and there are so many songs to look forward to. and i still like how these songs turned out. i think they came out beautiful. i just hope some of the many more to come are a bit more stripped down. sorry for the rant. :roll:[/quote:17tfyley]

i dont like what i wrote.
      "pumpkin sounding" songs?
      what a dipshit

Viewing 21 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.