• Author

jawn till dusk
      Keymaster

So far there are obviously the

1) (PINK)
      2) (BLACK)
      3) (GRAY) and the elusive
      4) (RED) test pressing.

I just bought a (DARK PURPLE) version online. I was wondering if any other collectors out there have this color. For comparisons sake, the seller actually had a pink copy and took a photo of the two next to each other, and there is a distinct, prominent color difference.

Hopefully this would make 5 different colors of this pressing. It’s not even like an in-betweeen dark pink. It’s DARK PURPLE. However, some more of these must exist, just curious if anyone has one.

Thanks!

jgfox
      Spectator

I really would love to see those pictures…

manillascissor
      Keymaster

How do you insert images in this forum? I have the pictures downloaded on my computer, but have no idea how to post them in here.

you have to upload your picture somewhere. i believe there are many free services for this, in case you don’t have your own webspace.

to show the picture in your post you have to put the url of your uploaded picture between IMG tags.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Thank you Cool. Does anyone want to host the pics for me?

Arthur
      Spectator

Thank you Cool. Does anyone want to host the pics for me?[/quote:2k70wbtt]
      Yup. Send to us manillascissor, we can host it.

Thank you Cool. Does anyone want to host the pics for me?[/quote:zv1cw2nc]

go to photobucket.com it is fantastically good. i use it a lot :)
      you have to register, but it’s free and gives you a lot of bandwidth for pics, as well as vids and other stuff.

note – never, ever, EVER use imageshack. ever. that applies to everyone. you get ‘gold frogged’ all the bloody time… it sucks. use photobucket :)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Thank you Cool. Does anyone want to host the pics for me?[/quote:1jnedzz1]
      Yup. Send to us manillascissor, we can host it.[/quote:1jnedzz1]

Photos on the way then. Thanks!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

go to photobucket.com it is fantastically good. i use it a lot :)
      you have to register, but it’s free and gives you a lot of bandwidth for pics, as well as vids and other stuff.

note – never, ever, EVER use imageshack. ever. that applies to everyone. you get ‘gold frogged’ all the bloody time… it sucks. use photobucket :)[/quote:2uxh3dk4]

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll try this next time. For right now, just wanted to send these comparison pics.

SPfreaks
      Spectator

Pics send in by manillascissor.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Thanks for posting those pictures, SPFreaks.

I actually received the item today; very fast shipping! Anyway, confirmed in person that, indeed, it is yet another variation of the Tristessa 7\" colors. I’ll send in proper scans tomorrow. I take back the dark purple classification, it’s more like plain old standard purple.

Fuckin’ sweet. :D

has anyone else noticed that the shade of purple is similar to the purple used on the cover? (look at the pic with the vinyl placed on the cover)

do you reckon this could be related?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I’m not sure if it’s related, but you are right. It’s almost identical.

Everyone knows the grays resulted from when they switched between pressing the black and pink vinyls. I wonder if this is somehow the same, as being a color between the gray and pink versions. Only a guess.

STOUTR
      Spectator

The grey is not from \"switching\" the vinyl colors. Check youtube for how records are actually made. When records get pressed between 2 colors, you may get 2,3,4 or a few more mixed up records, but not 100. These were pressed on purpose. The darker color may be from inconsistenties in the vinyl \"rolls\".

For what it’s worth.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

ive got two of them myself, and one is definately darker than the other, much like the ones shown above.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

ive got two of them myself, and one is definately darker than the other, much like the ones shown above.[/quote:3h9eg1hc]

yeah, i wouldn’t really call it a different color (although it distinctly is), much like the variations w/i the siamese dream maroon/red/pink/peach versions. although i think the newer orange one is a newer pressing.

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

Mine’s like the darker version.Just like the tristessa sleeve pink.

Love.

Viewing 16 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.