Viewing 57 reply threads
  • Author

blueczarina
      Spectator

this was posted on HU

Photo Request: Gish Box Set?
      12:29 am // Monday, June 30th, 2008 by jillysp
      tags: news

HU has always made it a point to try and keep up with any old media releases of them good ol’ days, back when flannel was still in style and the *other* George Bush was in the White House. *shudder* Regardless of that bad historical reference, we have it on good word that the band will be releasing a call for Gish and pre-Gish photos to complement the pending box set.

“What’ll do?” you might ask. Anything – and I mean anything – of the band from its inception through 1992. Parties, shows, festivals, drunken memoirs, whatever. They’re looking for any original photos and negatives and say they will pay for quality content. Most likely, they will be using these photos in the box set artwork and layout. Definitely contact us if you have something to contribute and we can put you in contact with the appropriate parties.

so if you have any pics maybe you should contact them, or pmm and let them know.

blueczarina
      Spectator

can’t they just google themselves. i think such pics are pretty easy to find. :wink:

i don’t think they need to make a call for the fans to google them on behalf of them. :roll:

lazy buns

well, maybe they want pics that haven’t been posted, but yeah, i think most of the pics are online.

blueczarina
      Spectator

well, maybe they want pics that haven’t been posted, but yeah, i think most of the pics are online.[/quote:18t0nc0h]

could be. but loads of pics have been posted, so they could get them with google or visiting the SP sites. and really most of the fans always post the pics they have anyway, so…

but who knows, maybe there is something new and neat :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

well, maybe they want pics that haven’t been posted, but yeah, i think most of the pics are online.[/quote:30a2s87m]

could be. but loads of pics have been posted, so they could get them with google or visiting the SP sites. and really most of the fans always post the pics they have anyway, so…

but who knows, maybe there is something new and neat :wink:

i hope so. i just can’t wait.

Arthur
      Spectator

well, maybe they want pics that haven’t been posted, but yeah, i think most of the pics are online.[/quote:33990xmt]

but who knows, maybe there is something new and neat :wink:[/quote:33990xmt]
      Am I getting old, my glasses make me see double, or is blueczarina doin’ some good ol’ speedposting again? :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

well, maybe they want pics that haven’t been posted, but yeah, i think most of the pics are online.[/quote:xxt0udtt]

but who knows, maybe there is something new and neat :wink:[/quote:xxt0udtt]
      Am I getting old, my glasses make me see double, or is blueczarina doin’ some good ol’ speedposting again? :wink:[/quote:xxt0udtt]

yup- i have two pages open. :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

Aaah! I think you have to find more clever ways of beating bullet her number of posts. Try 10 pages open? :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

true, i should just make 100 posts one night for kicks using 10 pages :lol:

the problem is though, she is the one i’m usually talking to, so as my post count goes up so does her’s. :lol:

yep yep

blueczarina
      Spectator

:lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

I’ll ask manillascissor to ban bullet for a few days from the forum. I’m sure you will catch up pretty fast. :wink:

hey now people, lets not get crazy.

Arthur
      Spectator

Hey bullet! So there you are! Nice post about these old pics. I too wonder if not all the old pics are already known. But I guess they want to surprise us with new material, maybe from the band’s personal collections and new material from the fans.

blueczarina
      Spectator

I’ll ask manillascissor to ban bullet for a few days from the forum. I’m sure you will catch up pretty fast. :wink:[/quote:3hapik1o]

sounds good, but i think we’d lose her. she might die. :wink:

i was thinking i could post a smiley at the end of every thread old a new on the forum too. or just make a thread with a bout 250 happy face posts. :lol:

that would be neat.

and don’t ban me for a few days, i would cry and cry and cry!

blueczarina
      Spectator

i would be sad too if you were banned for a few days.

i should just make a huge thread of emoticons that i want to use, but have no use for in bluebullet.

Arthur
      Spectator

sounds good, but i think we’d lose her. she might die. :wink: [/quote:37kjarjf]
      Yeah, she definately might. We don’t want that ugly feeling chasing us the rest of our life, right? Then I’ll ask RedWolf to triple your number in the database. Easy fix. 8)

i would love to see new pics from the band.

i would probably die if i couldn’t be on here. it is true.

i will just not post as much and let czarina post a bunch, then she can more posts in.

blueczarina
      Spectator

nope, i don’t want to be responsible for that. it would be sad.

that would be funny if i logged in and found my post count tripled even though i didn’t post that much. :lol: but then bullet would be sad, although with our chatty ways- she would catch up.

yes, cause i don’t have much of a life outside of the house, so i have more time to be on the computer.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i should make a thread called blueczarina’s post count gouging thread in bluebullet. :lol:

ok, that sounds good. i won’t post on it. you can post as much as you want.

Arthur
      Spectator

i would probably die if i couldn’t be on here. it is true.

i will just not post as much and let czarina post a bunch, then she can more posts in.[/quote:2z59twk8]
      Naah, just kidding bullet. It won’t take long before you pass my number, and then we have to start all over again. Keep posting as much as you like please. We all need a daily fix for something, yours is the SPfreaks posting fix. Big deal, nothing to be ashamed of.

(to be honest, the fact that manillascissor made that BlueBullet forum for you 2 still makes me laugh. What SP fans can say that a special forum was made for them? :lol: I’m very curious if you 2 can make that forum a success this year.)

blueczarina
      Spectator

i’m going to do it for shits and giggles, if Arthur doesn’t object. :lol:

i looked at it. cute. can’t wait to see the new emoticons.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i think it will be cute. they are fun to look at.

blueczarina
      Spectator

ok, i’ll be good now.

hehe yeah right. :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

ok, i’ll be good now.[/quote:hmypua1l]
      Thanks, I’m glad you used the BlueBullet forum for that sillyness, blueczarina. :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

i thought if i was going to be shameful for a bit- it might as well be there. :twisted:

i’m done now though- i swear. :)

now i’ll will get the rest of my post counts the old fashion way. :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

i thought if i was going to be shameful for a bit- it might as well be there. :twisted:

i’m done now though- i swear. :)

now i’ll will get the rest of my post counts the old fashion way. :wink:[/quote:p3yc65lz]
      No problem, I’m sure that’s why manillascissor gave you that other forum, to go wild and crazy there. And hopefully stick a bit more to the subjects of the topics on the other forums. Because that is something you need to learn still, I guess. :P

blueczarina
      Spectator

now back on topic.

on the upside- i suppose the fact that the band wants pictures and what not means that the Gish boxset will for sure be a physical release with maybe a book or something.

so hopefully thats a sign that they won’t be going all digital now.

yeah, that is why i was excited, wonder how many songs it will have on it.

Arthur
      Spectator

yeah, that is why i was excited, wonder how many songs it will have on it.[/quote:38qc5wle]
      A box set wil contain at least 3 discs, right? Otherwise it’s no box set… :roll:

yes, that is true. i hope it will be neat like tafh, or something new. a neat box to set on the shelf and admire.

i just can’t wait for all the new stuff, have i said that already?

here it is a formal call for photos.

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/news_4749

plus there is a banner for it now too.

blueczarina
      Spectator

interesting.

that pic is funny though. i think it would be rated a horror in another thread. :lol: at least by me it would be.

Arthur
      Spectator

You know what? I got a shock again. They officially call 1987 a Smashing Pumpkins year. Everywhere, and litterally EVERYWHERE they say 1988 is the first year of the Smashing Pumpkins. But the hardcore SPfreaks here know that a few SPfreaks members (me included, and another guy also: you know who you are! :wink: ) always called 1987 the starting year. Now even the official call on sp.com says:

\"The Smashing Pumpkins are looking for any original photos from 1987-1992 to be a part of their upcoming Gish Boxset.\"

I like to think that this might have to do with our freakyness about this subject… :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

haha

you should be happy now. it looks like your opinion won out. :lol:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

you know, the whole 1988/1987 thing is beyond me, as i’m not up on those early releases as well as you are arthur.

but, it would make sense to want 1987 pictures, even if the band still considers 1988 the inception. because i guess the only thing we have to go on is the first show under the name \"smashing pumpkins\" or the first recording under that name.

BUT, obviously, the group would have been together prior to either the first show or release. so there may be PLENTY of pictures from 1987, of them rehearsing, joyriding around town, smoking joints, etc.

blueczarina
      Spectator

smoking joints :lol:

i’m sure they never did that. :wink: :wink:

hehehe smoking joints, that doesn’t suck ass. hehehehe

manillascissor
      Keymaster

kinda unrelated… :?

but periodically i have to prune the forums. i’ve only done it a couple of times, as arthur’s informed me we have lots of space and also some of the threads contain pretty cool info or links that people may want to access later.

point being, when i do prune the forums, and thread that is deleted also deletes individual posts, thereby bringing the number down of whomever posted in it. kinda strange.

okay. MAIN POINT. i can bring bullets post count to zero if i wanted. ;)

no worries though, i’m not obsessed with the monitoring. i think the more posts, the better! but, if they are more conversational, please do it either in the chat room or the awesome bluebullet forum.

still waiting on the next clues!!!!

blueczarina
      Spectator

hey now, i am still here you know. and i haven’t forgotten how to read.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

hey now, i am still here you know. and i haven’t forgotten how to read.[/quote:63plddh8]

it’ll be okay. :D

blueczarina
      Spectator

*shakes head*

so silly, what am i gonna do with you all?

Arthur
      Spectator

*shakes head*

so silly, what am i gonna do with you all?[/quote:2eqifmkc]
      Rail back to the Gish pics thread for a start? :wink:

that would work too.

i wonder if anyone has some. i can’t wait to see them if they do.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i wonder how many they will get, esp. since they want the negatives too. who would have those from back then?

i wonder how many billy and jimmy have?

wonder if james and d’arcy will throw in some pics? or thier friends. cause they will get part of the money the box set makes right?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

wonder if james and d’arcy will throw in some pics? or thier friends. cause they will get part of the money the box set makes right?[/quote:171m86x5]

now there is a good question…..

blueczarina
      Spectator

that was an excellent question. they must get part of the money and James even did a bit of writing.

well i think that they should, they were part of the band back then. but i doubt if we will ever find out, unless billy tells us.

telepathicly or not, whichever will work for me.

blueczarina
      Spectator

telepathicly or not, whichever will work for me.[/quote:2v5rrpez]

Viewing 57 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.