Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author

Honeymade Opiate
      Spectator

So…. have you heard about this, and what do you know?

http://www.ozphoria.com/?cat=22

amnesia
      Spectator

Pretty old news.I think it got cancel, cuz of those fucksticks at Virgin :(

Danni
      Spectator

Aha. Hmhmmm… haven’t heard before. Yup, they’ve had their share of fights with Virgin.

Anonymous
      Spectator

Yup, Virgin sure are some fucksticks
      I could think of a few other terms too, but I am not going to let the lack of the Gish box set piss me off today. BUT DAMN it would have been kickass!

Danni
      Spectator

That’s exactly the problem with other people owning your songs or whole catalogue. Many paople do that mistake. And then all of a sudden, their greatest songs aren’t theirs anymore. Look at the Mael brothers in The Sparks. They nowadays have their own label and they are slowly but surely buying back all the rights to their many albums on Island Records. Major labels fucking suck. If my new band was to release anything in the future we sure would do everything by ourselves. We would not make big cash out of it but still we have the dignity.

blueczarina
      Spectator

major labels are crap. all they do is fuck bands and fans over. :roll:

If my new band was to release anything in the future we sure would do everything by ourselves.[/quote:2iur10vk]
      Don’t rule out labels completely – there are plenty of minor record labels that DON’T fuck over the band/fans, and give you a great platform to release music from.

Danni
      Spectator

Yeah that’s true though. It’s just my cynicism. I’ve been on a minor label with one of my earlier bands and the persons running that label just fucked everyone. I haven’t seen the smoke of any money that was (in the contract) supposed to go to the songwriter every time a song was aired on commercial radio.
      I just got so tired of it that I eventually quit that constellation and band. Now I’m glad I’ve got nothing to do with them. Though I wasted time and some good songs over a couple of years… :evil:
      Now everything is on my condition, I hate compromising. Blah blah bah, this could be a novel…. :?

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

Yeah that’s true though. It’s just my cynicism. I’ve been on a minor label with one of my earlier bands and the persons running that label just fucked everyone. I haven’t seen the smoke of any money that was (in the contract) supposed to go to the songwriter every time a song was aired on commercial radio.
      I just got so tired of it that I eventually quit that constellation and band. Now I’m glad I’ve got nothing to do with them. Though I wasted time and some good songs over a couple of years… :evil:
      Now everything is on my condition, I hate compromising. Blah blah bah, this could be a novel…. :?[/quote:1b719ytx]

Who was your band?

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, ^^ what band was this honeymade?

Anonymous
      Spectator

yeah, ^^ what band was this honeymade?[/quote:2aymdce1]
      curiosity killed the cat..but yeah what band is this? Maybe someone has a cd of your band

Danni
      Spectator

I don’t think you guys have the album though if you don’t live in sweden. All in all I think there is only an amount of 2000 pressings. But I tell you, I didn’t know what I was doing in that point of my life.

Here’s what they wrote on http://www.hotstuff.se, they still have the shitty albums left.

\"Catchy melodies, raw sound and brutally honest lyrics are the trademark of Svenska Kejsare. 6 strong in-your-face songs (+a bonustrack) in Swedish about social issues and life as we now it. This EP balances on a thin line between accessible pop songs and melancholic independent rock music. The contrast and the raw energy of the band performing is what make the band special. WEBKEY for bonusmaterial included.\"

Oh my god, am I promoting this s***t?! :shock:
      Ha ha, but I’m off topic now.

amnesia
      Spectator

Cant seem to find anything about your band on Hotstuff, i might be blind. :?
      I would not mind listen to one track or so from your old band :wink:

Danni
      Spectator

Cant seem to find anything about your band on Hotstuff, i might be blind. :?
      I would not mind listen to one track or so from your old band :wink:[/quote:ss9k2i4z]

mayonaise: just search for Svenska Kejsare and you’ll find. "Swedish Emperors" ha ha! Oh my god what a silly name. But check instead out my project http://www.myspace.com/thedannidemon, it’s better.

Now: Enough of self-promotion! :lol:

amnesia
      Spectator

Ive just heard all the song that was added on your Myspace.In my tree and Rotten to the core KICKS ASS :shock: !!! Withdrawal is sooo creppy and dark, i really like it..Given dues and Seen you before are good songs as well. :wink:

Guys, check out Opiates Myspace. 8)

I liked the idea of box sets and tours per era, but I guess now that they have decided they’re no longer living in the past, these plans have all been cancelled for good. The box sets might happen one day, maybe. But I don’t see them ever do a Gish tour.

amnesia
      Spectator

I liked the idea of box sets and tours per era, but I guess now that they have decided they’re no longer living in the past, these plans have all been cancelled for good. The box sets might happen one day, maybe. But I don’t see them ever do a Gish tour.[/quote:1uzo6gst]

Yep, my thought as well Ice. :(

Anonymous
      Spectator

Very nice, Opiate. 8)

I can’t see a Gish tour either. :(

Can’t imagine that without D’Arcy and James to be honest, plus with all respect, I don’t really enjoy Daydream when it’s Billy singing.

Kinda seems like D’Arcy should be… Ya know? :?

Aaah, thems was the days. :)

Danni
      Spectator

Thanks for the kind words guys! :wink:

Yeah, I must admit I was kinda looking forward to the Gish-tour. But after all SP’s earlier songs are almost TOO good to re-release in 2008 on a cd? But I’m a bit schizophrenic about it… :?
      To be honest, I enjoy the earlier SP stuff 1988-1990 a bit more than say, MC&IS… But then again, you just can’t compare them to each other like that. :)
      And I’m very sad about the fact that they will not release a \"physical\" album again. :cry:

But then again, Billy has sad stuff like that a million times before. I especially remember him saying so during the great fight with Virgin in 2000.

Anonymous
      Spectator

I’ll have to go check out your myspace Honeymade.

and yeah I can’t imagine the Gish tour happening now after hearing Billy interviewed for the past few months.
      Billy singing daydream can’t be bad..well IMO
      It’d better than James :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

I liked the idea of box sets and tours per era, but I guess now that they have decided they’re no longer living in the past, these plans have all been cancelled for good. The box sets might happen one day, maybe. But I don’t see them ever do a Gish tour.[/quote:3criwrgj]

yeah, i agree as well sadly :(

and i will check out your band when i get home honeymade :wink:

Danni
      Spectator

Blueczarina: Jikes! Now the expectations are high! :wink: Hope I don’t disappoint with my singing, ha ha.

Pipoka
      Spectator

Blueczarina: Jikes! Now the expectations are high! :wink: Hope I don’t disappoint with my singing, ha ha.[/quote:b6vmko17]

Honeymade, i listened to all the songs ! i thinks this says it all!
      You are on the right way , well at least to my ears and taste! :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

you have really good stuff honeymade! :wink: i liked all the songs you had up, so no disappointment. :lol: :wink:

Danni
      Spectator

Thanks everyone for the kind words regarding the songs! :D

Viewing 24 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.