Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

blueczarina
      Spectator

here’s the news straight from SP.com:

Does anyone else smell that in the air? Oh yeah, that’s Gish!

SP.com has another small byte of information for you regarding your favorite first Smashing Pumpkins album: plans are currently underway that will lead to the eventual release of a pre-Gish/Gish box set!

What is to be included on here, no one knows for sure but it should be noted that its release is expected to coincide with the Gish tour sometime in 2008…

Expect more information as it becomes available. [/quote:1yh4vr7r]
      :D :D :D :D :D
      What can I say- I’m excited!!!

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whoa, that tired me out.

that is so totally cool. i can’t explaine how much i can’t wait!

this means that they are doing the era shows. yippie!!!

*jumps up and down*

blueczarina
      Spectator

i know- i’m so excited i could explode.
      :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

manillascissor
      Keymaster

What sucks though?

This means they will release demos from early cassettes that everyone already has. Oh well. Still kinda cool.

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, i was thinking about that too. most of us do have all those songs already, but, hey, maybe they will be remastered or something. plus, who knows, maybe he will dig out something no ones heard.

and really most all of the SP stuff i get has tracks i’ve already heard. i don’t even listen to most of the singles and what not i buy- i just like to have it, but i guess thats collecting. i like graphic design too though, so i’m interested in the overall packaging, not just the audio. :wink:

plus, who knows, maybe he will dig out something no ones heard.[/quote:1il71qwg]
      the thing is, if there are still unheard songs left from the gish era, then they most likely won’t be very good. because if they were good, they would have been selected for mashed potatoes, or pisces iscariot, or as a b-side.

what i was most excited about was the mention of the tour, that means that they must be doing the era shows and i can’t wait for that. plus, like czarina said, it will be a box set, and they do put out nice stuff. it will be interesting to see what it contains.

i hope they will include europe on this gish tour.

who knows? they might. i can’t wait till this fall.

Arthur
      Spectator

This is indeed pretty awesome. Maybe there will be a dozen numbered and signed sets for the SPfreaks members? Going with a special contest for the SPfreaks Forum members? My goodness, that would be even more awesome! Well, keep on dreaming, Arthur.

At least I hope it will be a CD/DVD set or something, and not online-only…

This is indeed pretty awesome. Maybe there will be a dozen numbered and signed sets for the SPfreaks members? Going with a special contest for the SPfreaks Forum members? My goodness, that would be even more awesome! Well, keep on dreaming, Arthur[/quote:1zauhi88]

well, maybe we can get a nice letter to billy, with everyone’s signatures, and maybe some money enclosed?

blueczarina
      Spectator

yes, we can slip them some cash. :lol:

Anonymous
      Spectator

Looks like 2008’s an SP year to remember. :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

DON’T click the link below unless you’re prepared for -possible- Spoilers as to the imminent contents. :idea:

Without really looking for this, I happened to be at the link below earlier, refreshing my memory on something:

http://www.spfc.org/band/studio.html?session_id=2

Maybe just fluke, however it would make sense that these are part of the upcoming Boxset?

What with Sven’s recent article concerning I Fall, maybe there’s loads of clever CCCs around (Clever Corgan Cryptics)…

Yeah, it’s probably a bit silly (neverrr), yet it kind of came to me out of nowhere. Oh well. :D

Anonymous
      Spectator

Oh nice thinking! Who has those songs?? Ooh and take out the drum machine and insert Jimmy Instant Magic!!!!!
      I bet they tour Europe for Gish-they have to…
      and Minneapolis :D

blueczarina
      Spectator

neat. i wonder if anybody has those too. :wink:

Viewing 15 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.