Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Honeymade Opiate
      Keymaster

a response from chino moreno (deftones/team sleep/crosses) regarding opinionated online fans and forums. such a great read, couldn’t of said it better myself:

==================================================

AP: \"You just do good work and hope people respond to it. At this point, Crosses don’t need to be part of the machinery of a record’s promotion.\"

Moreno: \"Maybe a lot of that has to do with what I’ve experienced in the past anytime I ever recorded anything aside from Deftones. Deftones fans are very opinionated. I never go on [the internet] and read any of the fuckin’ message boards or nothing like that. Motherfuckers piss me off—they feel like they are in the fuckin’ band sometimes and they are so entitled. [Like they know what] we ‘should’ do and what I ‘should’ be doing. I end up getting pissed, so I don’t even pay any attention to that shit anymore.

\"My main thing with doing Crosses is, I already know there’s going to be a bunch of people, like, ‘Oh, here he goes again. He’s doing some mellow shit.’ I know there are Deftones fans that just want to hear me fuckin’ scream my head off. That’s fine, too, you know what I mean? I do that sometimes, but at the same time, it’s like I’m doing this because it’s fun for me. I’m sure there will be a lot of people who will appreciate it, but I’m sure there will be a lot of people who just want to hate on it. The last thing I want to do is give anybody any reason to have any preconceived thoughts about what it is. It’s free. Listen to it. If you like it, that’s great. If you don’t, that’s great.\"

http://www.altpress.com/features/entry/ … n_lopez/P1

don’t know crosses? you should check em out!

Danni
      Spectator

I prefer Team Sleep.

Viewing 1 reply thread

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.