Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

reuben
      Keymaster

Mark your calendars. The Pumpkins will be bookending this upcoming week on David Letterman (July 9 and 13). Stay up late and rock out! Yes! 8)

someone record it, rip it and upload it onto sendspace or something like that! please!

Satur999
      Spectator

I thought it was david letterman

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I thought it was david letterman[/quote:2k6syh16]

You’re right!! I was confused, I changed post, thanks! :)

toad32r
      Spectator

ITS TONIGHT, ITS TONIGHT, ITS TONIGHT!!!! :D

Anonymous
      Spectator

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I’ll be up watching tonight (7/9/07), hope y’all are too! Will make for a sleepy day tomorrow, but should be worth it.[/quote:2h2tzokf]

TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry, missed it. how was it guys? what song(s) did the pumpkins do? think of it by the way, i mean live earth is something, but late show is all over the us, in which states isn’t it? they got attention! :lol:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

sorry, missed it. how was it guys? what song(s) did the pumpkins do? think of it by the way, i mean live earth is something, but late show is all over the us, in which states isn’t it? they got attention! :lol:[/quote:341fy6ds]

Sorry you missed it Orchid!

They performed Tarantula (big surprise). It came across pretty routine, Billy seemed a little shitty on the vocals at first, but then looked like he gained composure and came through. Personally, my heart was just racing seeing SMASHING PUMPKINS on tv again. Totally new material, on Letterman. Just like old times. Took the song to a whole new level. Billy was san-dress, but wearing the leather jumpsuit outfit.

Also, no call-over to the couch. I remember (somewhere in the gossamer cobwebs of my memory) that Billy mentioned not wanting much press or doing many interviews for this album. Maybe he requested this? Not sure. Will be interesting to see what Friday holds in store.

toad32r
      Spectator

They jammed!! Ill watch again on Friday to see what they play, my guess…..Doomsday Clock.

Performance can be seen here, quite some Zeitgeist mentioning :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdNkPrbWxWk[/youtube]

toad32r
      Spectator

Now for Fridays appearance…ITS TONIGHT, ITS TONIGHT, ITS TONIGHT!!! LOL

toad32r
      Spectator

Wow, i was suprised by the song choice. Definetely more mellow than Mondays appearance, i was happy to see them playing something else from Zeitgeist though!

reuben
      Spectator

I missed out on tickets for this by 2 lousy hours! They were giving them out Letterman tix in time square, and i asked the guy about tickets for the show(s) with the pumpkins he said they had finished giving them out about 2 hours before. I tried by best to bribe him but even $$$ wouldnt change the fact there were none left :( Worst was the fact they were recording both shows (the 9th and 13th) on the same day, so i could seen both sets recorded. Lifes a bummer when youre a hummer…..

Viewing 13 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.