Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author

manillascissor
      Spectator

Since a few days I’m thinking about writing a new little article for the homepage of SPfreaks.com. Thing is, I’m not going to copy all the sp.com news anymore. We pay enough attention to that here on the forums, and otherwise we can read it anyway where we take it: on sp.com. And besides, all other Smashing Pumpkins websites are doing it too, just copying it from there. Not that creative, if you ask me.

So from now on, I want something outstanding. Something that makes us SPfreaks.com a little unique, like the fake Mellon Collie vinyl article. That article attracted quite some attention and was linked on quite some places. So every now and then I would like to see something like that. Are you with me? But what should the next article be about?

I was thinking about a little story on the French Delabel promo releases. Of course I would love to write that myself, but if any of you has something else in mind, or has a story to write himself/herself, make yourself known please! :D

blueczarina
      Spectator

that sounds like a good idea Arthur. i don’t have any suggestions off the top of my head, but that would be neat. articles on interesting and rare items would be cool though.

it would be good to have something differents from the sp.com news. you can pretty much get that anyware, any forum like you said. so good plan. :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

sounds good!
      nothing off the top of my head, but why not make yourself stick out—I fear that I am ordinary just like evreyone…BE DIFFERENT

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I think an article on the Library of Congress tapes would be very interesting. It’s documented on this site, but the story behind it is vague and I don’t think most people know about them.

But for starters, the French releases would definitely be exciting. To me anyway. ;)

blueczarina
      Spectator

i like both the French releases and Library of Congress idea. those would be good choices.

Arthur
      Spectator

I think an article on the Library of Congress tapes would be very interesting.[/quote:wbmwnp8i]
      Good one. Will be put on the list, only after we go live with My Collection. (Redwolf just wrote in the Support Forum that will be in a few weeks…) Because the different sub-sections of the collection can be easier linked and highlighted with that new feature. And also the non-existing Eye cassette release should be interesting enough for a spicy article. And I was hoping 1 of you could get into the differences in matrixcodes (vinyl & cd) and give a little history of that. Or something about the Chinese bootleg cds. Many subjects!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I think an article on the Library of Congress tapes would be very interesting.[/quote:2ppytimk]
      And also the non-existing Eye cassette release should be interesting enough for a spicy article. [/quote:2ppytimk]

You mean the Eye Demo cassette or the promotional cassette for Eye on Nothing Records? Because the latter exists.

Arthur
      Spectator

You mean the Eye Demo cassette or the promotional cassette for Eye on Nothing Records? Because the latter exists.[/quote:3l63bqsi]
      http://www.spfreaks.com/Default.aspx?pa … S&item=875 (this one)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Okay

it is supposed to exist.

what reasons do we have to think that it doesn’t, except for the fact that we haven’t found a copy yet?

blueczarina
      Spectator

yup, maybe its under a pile of laundry in Billy’s closet. :lol:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

it is supposed to exist.

what reasons do we have to think that it doesn’t, except for the fact that we haven’t found a copy yet?[/quote:3bigedv9]

I kind of go the other way. What basis is there for it’s existence?

You can’t prove it doesn’t exist, but you can prove it does. Basic logic 101, and I see no proof.

Arthur
      Spectator

See, it will be a spicy article, already food for thoughts now… Maybe it’s a good subject for the next article anyway. Because I’m seriously worried that people still believe this myth, as if there ever was a cassette called Eye. While we know better already, since long.

\"Eye, the 1989 cassette. The rumours & the facts.\"

:wink:

sounds interesting arthur

Anonymous
      Spectator

Well could billy confirm it? Maybe we could ask him at the show? If we get a chance to meet him.
      But it sounds fascinating-

mr.benway
      Spectator

I was thinking about a little story on the French Delabel promo releases. [/quote:3096yodq]
      yeah, that sounds good… :D

And also the non-existing Eye cassette release should be interesting enough for a spicy article. [/quote:3096yodq]
      :?: have i missed anything? i think so! :?:

And I was hoping 1 of you could get into the differences in matrixcodes (vinyl & cd) and give a little history of that.[/quote:3096yodq]
      there are some good articles (matrix codes vinyl/lp, ifpi codes, label-codes) over here:
      http://www.crimson-ceremony.net/pr3/pre … index.html
      it’s an nirvana-collector-site. i think this site was mentioned here some months ago (mcis-vinyl thread… )
      perhaps it’s an good idea to write an summary /quick guide

Mr.Benway

Arthur
      Spectator

Eye (Demo) tape article published. 8)

Check the homepage.

http://www.spfreaks.com

mr.benway
      Spectator

[/quote:2rjmbtqd]
      Ey, cool… that was fast…

thanks…

Mr.Benway

Check the homepage.

http://www.spfreaks.com[/quote:1s3hz3h3]

good artical arthur, very interesting. thanks, alot of good info that i didn’t know.

blueczarina
      Spectator

that was a good article. :)

EAZYE121
      Spectator

Great article Athur. I got another idea that has been touched on some, but I’m still trying to figure it all out. During the Siamese era there were singles that where released in Europe and then a few years later in the US. It seems that some are listed in the collection, but not all. For example, Cherub Rock, it only shows the UK release. i know the matrix code has everything to do with it, but don’t know what is what.

Arthur
      Spectator

Great article Athur. I got another idea that has been touched on some, but I’m still trying to figure it all out. During the Siamese era there were singles that where released in Europe and then a few years later in the US. It seems that some are listed in the collection, but not all. For example, Cherub Rock, it only shows the UK release. i know the matrix code has everything to do with it, but don’t know what is what.[/quote:2lh1rhm1]
      Thanks guys, for the positive response. EAZYE121, I know EXACTLY what you mean. It would be great to have some more detailed info about those UK/US releases and what exactly distincts them. But, I even have to collect all of them myself (except I Am One, if I’m right), but I never can figure out how to separate them from each other. So I’m a little afraid to buy a few more of them on eBay, and ending up buying all the same versions… So, I’m afraid I’m not the best person to write a little article about it… Who is?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Cool as Ice Cream

Viewing 22 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.