Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Arthur
      Keymaster

This site has the top 15? rarest items (which are all CDs) listed w/i it’s own section. I agree that most of the items listed on there are *QUITE* rare and deserve to be there. However, do you agree with the list? What about vinyl or cassettes?

I’m so amazed (really and truly), at the spectrum of collectability w/i the Smashing Pumpkins discography. I really must admit, there is no way everyone can have it all. I used to think differently, but seemingly every single week, I find another release that I didn’t know existed. This is pre-Zeitgeist stuff. One part of me absolutely loves the hunt, but another part of me is pretty goddamn exhausted from looking. I feel like I’ve been in a forest for 10 years, and killed every large prey in sight, but now I’m obsessing over eating every last bug in the ground. I guess that it will never end.

What I do like is this site’s mission: to chronicle EVERY single release EVER. It’s a daunting task, but I feel that with the global connection and devotion of some hardcore collecting fans, it can happen. And will happen.

I wonder what BC/JC think of this site? Hopefully, they can admire it for all it’s painstaking detail and comprehensiveness. It would be nice to get some sort of affirmation from the band, but that may never happen. They could be like, \"hey, put those back!\". lol

Wow, this kind of turned into something else, but anyway, I suppose my initial question remains. Do you agree with the top 15 rare items? If no, what others would you suggest?

I’d throw in there somewhere the Siva cassingle and Tristessa 7\" red vinyl test press. Just thinking of owning the latter makes me salivate. Just a little.

Arthur
      Spectator

This site has the top 15? rarest items (which are all CDs) listed w/i it’s own section. I agree that most of the items listed on there are *QUITE* rare and deserve to be there. However, do you agree with the list? What about vinyl or cassettes?

I’d throw in there somewhere the Siva cassingle and Tristessa 7" red vinyl test press. Just thinking of owning the latter makes me salivate. Just a little.[/quote:3jt62g0c]
      Good one, as the cd section was till recently the main part, now times have changed for the better. All good suggestions on all sections will be rewarded. Posters, clothing, everything.

Viewing 1 reply thread

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.