Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

bobbintb
      Spectator

hi again. yesterday i was searching for bullet train and came across the rarities and b-sides download. i checked here and there and its offered on a few websites, for extremely different prices. but when i checked if this is a real sp release, i couldnt find it, only on spfc. its not on here, and not even the pumpkins website puts it in their discography! but on here i found the promo cd http://www.spfreaks.com/Default.aspx?pa … &item=3155 , so it looks like its not fake anyway?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

hi again. yesterday i was searching for bullet train and came across the rarities and b-sides download. i checked here and there and its offered on a few websites, for extremely different prices. but when i checked if this is a real sp release, i couldnt find it, only on spfc. its not on here, and not even the pumpkins website puts it in their discography! but on here i found the promo cd http://www.spfreaks.com/Default.aspx?pa … &item=3155 , so it looks like its not fake anyway?[/quote:1v21m4vs]

Hey Orchid
      I have that promotional single you’re referencing… Because Virgin made a promotional CD for it, I’d consider it an actual release. Isn’t there a date on the CD promo? Like a release date?

Anyway, I’ve also seen on eBay posters for it. Virgin promotional posters. So, yes, I consider it an official release, although, it’s digital. Makes you wonder how do you buy a legitimate copy?

b-sides and rarities?
      i believe that may be an official release…
      i think the one you are referring to is the download only version? with over a hundred songs on it?
      even if it’s not official (which i believe it is, as i think its on itunes) it’s bloody good value! it’s nwar comprehensive on nearly all pumpkins b-sides rarities!

b-sides and rarities?
      i believe that may be an official release…
      i think the one you are referring to is the download only version? with over a hundred songs on it?
      even if it’s not official (which i believe it is, as i think its on itunes) it’s bloody good value! it’s nwar comprehensive on nearly all pumpkins b-sides rarities![/quote:3ey0opbn]
      yup, it’s download only i think. but i see it nowhere on the discography, that’s what makes me wonder…

Hey Orchid
      I have that promotional single you’re referencing… Because Virgin made a promotional CD for it, I’d consider it an actual release. Isn’t there a date on the CD promo? Like a release date?

Anyway, I’ve also seen on eBay posters for it. Virgin promotional posters. So, yes, I consider it an official release, although, it’s digital. Makes you wonder how do you buy a legitimate copy?[/quote:3vubbbes]
      download it! :lol: i found a pretty cheap download placed somehwere i think i posted it here somewhere while talking to superlord

here is the cheapest download i found, in holland: http://shop.spitsnet.nl/web/show/id=582 … id=1166024 check it out! it’s so weird to see the 114 tracks for 11.99 euro and then 1.29 euro per track???? huh???? who has found the most expensive download by the way?

Hey Orchid
      I have that promotional single you’re referencing… Because Virgin made a promotional CD for it, I’d consider it an actual release. Isn’t there a date on the CD promo? Like a release date? Anyway, I’ve also seen on eBay posters for it. Virgin promotional posters. So, yes, I consider it an official release, although, it’s digital. Makes you wonder how do you buy a legitimate copy?[/quote:hnkp9x6k]
      cool manilla! kinda rare promo i guess? and i think it’s a genuine release also, but why isn’t it on the discography? i mean, even spfreaks doesnt have it (while spfc has it if i’m right), and the pumpkins dont have it either on their website?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Hey Orchid
      I have that promotional single you’re referencing… Because Virgin made a promotional CD for it, I’d consider it an actual release. Isn’t there a date on the CD promo? Like a release date? Anyway, I’ve also seen on eBay posters for it. Virgin promotional posters. So, yes, I consider it an official release, although, it’s digital. Makes you wonder how do you buy a legitimate copy?[/quote:r25njk0i]
      cool manilla! kinda rare promo i guess? and i think it’s a genuine release also, but why isn’t it on the discography? i mean, even spfreaks doesnt have it (while spfc has it if i’m right), and the pumpkins dont have it either on their website?[/quote:r25njk0i]

I don’t know. Guess it falls into some sort of gray area. It’s a digital release. It’s kind of weird. The Smashing Pumpkins did it again though. They released Zeitgeist (blue edition …. oooooooo…) on ITunes. Also an Australian ITunes edition w/ two bonus tracks. I don’t get it. But, I really think they should somehow be classified as official releases.

Arthur
      Spectator

But, I really think they should somehow be classified as official releases.[/quote:n78b5p8d]
      This is a pretty cool topic with an in-depth discussion, to my opinion. We might consider reserving a page on http://www.SPfreaks.com for each individual downloadable release. I will create another topic where you can post all Smashing Pumpkins releases that are officially (!) available as a download.

bobbintb
      Spectator

if youre referring to the ones thats over 100 tracks, yes it is an official release. it was an online only catalog. however, i believe almost all those tracks are available on other lossless medium.

Viewing 9 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.