Viewing 26 reply threads
  • Author

marigold
      Spectator

I know many of you are looking for this pretty rare 7\". With still over 7 days to go, we all (exclude the undersigned from that list :wink: ) got a fair chance. Startbid 199 US$ however.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Smashing-Pumpkins-R … dZViewItem

The item is in great condition. [/quote:2511wuqe]
      that’s rather vague…

Marc
      Spectator

I’m glad I found myself a copy for 7 dollars 7 years ago :lol:
      At a certain time I had 4 of these, from which 3 of them we’re found here in the Netherlands.

Greetinx
      Marc

Arthur
      Spectator

Arthur
      Spectator

amnesia
      Spectator

Yeah saw that.Every time i see this it makes me wanna collect vinyl.

Arthur
      Spectator

It seems they are not that rare? Another one…

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie … 0273668832

Sven
      Spectator

i still think these ARE rare-
      not as rare as the old disco mentioned
      but still-

somehow a lot of these ended up in either The Netherlands or Germany…
      from seeing them pop up so often now i’d say there are at least 100-250 copies…
      i mean- this being a promo item there must be a rather substantial number of these stacked away, discarded, missing, whatever— you just don’t wanna know how many promo only items i have by hundreds of bands sent to me for review consideration which i have never got around to take a look at, put on ebay or whatever— so… pressing up vinyl is expensive and therefore… 100-250 if not more?

the most rare promo vinyl i have is by Kylie – limited to 50… so i am not saying it’s impossible in the low figures… (strangely enough a couple did end up in Holland again as I had four of those at one time and made some money from them too I might add—)
      the SIYL 12\" was limited too- can’t remember how many copies were made though…
      so well – seeing the SIYL 12\" pop up far less frequently than the Siva/Rhinoceros 7\"— do the math?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i don’t think it has anything to do with it, really.

so what if 5 pop up in a year or so. great. either those sellers needed money, or it’s a coincedence.

but if it’s truly that rare, we’ll wait even longer to see the next one pop up.

it’s one of those \"highly sought after\" items, so you know it’s always gonna surface, looking for money. that’s how i see it.

i’m making no cents, i know. sorry.

JamesIha
      Spectator

And another one.

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie … 0090834411[/quote:27i0uh58]

And that seller is hard to trust in his judgement of condition….

I bought the flexi daughter of him and it was stated in "mint condition"
      Then when it arrives it got a bigg pressure/burnmark in the middlen making the pickup jump at the end of the song…..

Contacted him about it and he said "ofcourse it’s not perfect, it’s 17 years old" !! :-)

Finally paypal got him to pay me back abot 1/3 of the value….

blueczarina
      Spectator

thats pretty crappy of the seller

ugh, i hate it when \"mint\" is abused. or when they say it’s \"near mint\" because it has a huge scratch. fucking hell! damn you to hell!!!

blueczarina
      Spectator

that is shit when they lie about that crap and its really dissapointing once you get the item. i have gotten a few of those. :roll:

amnesia
      Spectator

Yeah ive tried that once.Bought the 1979 uk promo from one from Ebay,he wrote it was mint, so when i recived the cd and looked at it, it was totally worn out.I only paid 5 bucks for it though, but told the seller he was a fucktard.He never wrote me back,wonder why hehe :wink:

JamesIha
      Spectator

Yeah it sucks.
      And when you spend a fortune on an item…. you really want it like described, \"mint condition\"
      I’m really picky about my items too so….

He said also to me that I should have contacted him before buying and asked about condition.
      I don’t think I should do that when the despription is clear and the picture associatet with the item is fair.

I should have been harder on him but I really want to have that flexi so I let it pass with a compensation.
      Anyone knows how to make a flexi flat? ;-)

blueczarina
      Spectator

a fucktard :lol: :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

The guy needs slow-feeding to Jaws, what a Spazz. :?

Anonymous
      Spectator

Yeah it sucks.
      And when you spend a fortune on an item…. you really want it like described, "mint condition"
      I’m really picky about my items too so….

He said also to me that I should have contacted him before buying and asked about condition.
      I don’t think I should do that when the despription is clear and the picture associatet with the item is fair.

I should have been harder on him but I really want to have that flexi so I let it pass with a compensation.
      Anyone knows how to make a flexi flat? ;-)[/quote:1g8d3pvk]

Apparently leaving it in a fridge overnight will ‘flatten’ it, although I wouldn’t try that unless a bizarre mood takes you. :)

JamesIha
      Spectator

Apparently leaving it in a fridge overnight will ‘flatten’ it, although I wouldn’t try that unless a bizarre mood takes you. :)[/quote:2cvj7n0y]

Thanks for that tip. I have to try it on some other flexi first. Got 2 I am one, maybe I destroy one and put it in the freezer ;-)

or I’ll try it with my Russion Dylan Corrina, Corrina flexi :-)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Apparently leaving it in a fridge overnight will ‘flatten’ it, although I wouldn’t try that unless a bizarre mood takes you. :)[/quote:3pt0q2gb]

Thanks for that tip. I have to try it on some other flexi first. Got 2 I am one, maybe I destroy one and put it in the freezer ;-)

or I’ll try it with my Russion Dylan Corrina, Corrina flexi :-)[/quote:3pt0q2gb]

You can flatten a flexi just by storing it under some books for a time.

Arthur
      Spectator

You can flatten a flexi just by storing it under some books for a time.[/quote:37kknee5]
      I would iron it.

amnesia
      Spectator

I would iron it.[/quote:35g226k7]

Your so silly :lol:

Seriously. I searched this on Google and \"ironing\" also came up. You’re supposed to put the flexi between wet clothes and then iron it. I tested it on a flexi I found in a second hand record store for 50 cent. First I bent it (because it was ok when I bought it) and then I tried the wet-clothes-ironing thing. I ruined that one completely. Ha! So either ironing is really stupid, or I just didn’t do it the right way.

Putting it in the freezer sounds very weird. I don’t see how that would work. Even ironing makes more sense to me.

JamesIha
      Spectator

Putting this old thread to life again.
      Just got a message through the \"my collection\" trading/selling maily thing (understood?)
      The message was from spmusikliebhaber
      This is the same seller that sold me the flexi in \"mint\" condition :-(
      So beware if dealing with this guy. be certain that you know what you get.
      He’s now selling som WLP to me in excellent condition. Can honestly say that I have never actually seen a Smashing Pumpkins WLP in excellent condition yet. Mostly there are even flaws in the pressing making a new WLP hard to give an excellent grading.

A for the flexi I have not yet made any try to fix it. However I got some other flexid that I will try some stuff on before I do it on the real thing.

And that bad buy from spmusikliebhaber is still causing me trouble because nobody want to buy a flexi with these damage on it, even if it plays good. So I’m stuck with it :-(

EAZYE121
      Spectator

spmusikliebhaber was the smae person selling the Daphane Descends promo that disappeared….

some pumpkins
      Spectator

spmusikliebhaber was the smae person selling the Daphane Descends promo that disappeared….[/quote:3oy4t9wu]

he wouldn’t tell me how much he got for it

marigold
      Spectator

In case anyone is after this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Smashing-Pumpkins … 230f532521

If you have the money :shock:

I see it was a lot cheaper a couple of years ago (on previous page) and is on offer from a couple of people here:

http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=MYWANTSELLTRADE&item=1114

Viewing 26 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.